It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon releases results of 13,000-mph test flight over Pacific

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Pentagon releases results of 13,000-mph test flight over Pacific

www.latimes.com

The results are in from last summer’s attempt to test new technology that would provide the Pentagon with a lightning-fast vehicle, capable of delivering a military strike anywhere in the world in less than an hour.

In August the Pentagon's research arm, known as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, carried out a test flight of an experimental aircraft capable of traveling at 20 times the speed of sound.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I don´t really know what to say about this.

It could be a potential breakthrough, but knowing the guys at DARPA, i´m sure this will be used for nefarious purposes.

the article itself stated so.

´capable of deleviring a military strike anywhere in the world, within the hour´

i´d like to make this into a little discussion thread as well.

originally i found this news on blacklistednews.com and i saw one comment that summed up my feelings quite nicely.

So the United States can test a lightning fast vehicle capable of delivering a military strike anywhere in the world in less than an hour and it's all cool, but North Korea test fires a half ass water rocket with a satellite on board and it's provocative, threatening and requires U.N. sactions and a blockade of their food shipments. What a joke.

So what do you think guys?

below some footage of the technology

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY
Already done:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's allowed to post a duplicate thread when it's in breaking news. (mods correct me if i am wrong)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Cool mach 20s pritty dam fast! Supposedly the TAW-50 and Aurora(If they exist) can reach speeds in excess of Mach 50!!! So this could indeed be out dated tech being spoon fed to the masses.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Another reason for wishing you were a billionaire.

Breakfast in front of the pyramids, lunch in New York, and dinner in Alice Springs.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by big_BHOY
Already done:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's allowed to post a duplicate thread when it's in breaking news. (mods correct me if i am wrong)

The other thread was posted less than a day ago, also in 'Breaking News'. Duplicates are only allowed if posted in different categories.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow just wow.

Originally posted by andy06shake
Cool mach 20s pritty dam fast! Supposedly the TAW-50 and Aurora(If they exist) can reach speeds in excess of Mach 50!!! So this could indeed be out dated tech being spoon fed to the masses.

My thoughts too. It is well known that public domain technology and what they can actually do is well out of synch. If public domain info is 20 years old, what can they do now if they could reach mach 20 20 years ago? Hell, if Aurora is real and can reach mach 50 and that is old news what are they doing now? At mach 50 would that be anywhere in the world in about half and hour?

Sure puts a new light on UFOs doesn't it?

They have been running tests since 2003. Would their tests coincide with those sounds that everyone is hearing?
edit on 22/4/2012 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Well there supposed to have plasma reactors using element 118 that some how creates negitive mass, effectively reducing the weight of the craft by 60-80%. I have also read that some of these alleged craft can actually quantum teleport from one point to another! If any of that stuff is true no wonder they dont want Joe Public to know.
edit on 22-4-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Doesn't this whole high-speed glider business strike anybody as rather bizarre?

Have we not had for a few decades winged craft--the shuttle would be a prime example--that can move in the higher reaches of the atmosphere at such speeds and do long distance gliding?

This "show and tell" is nothing more than a continuing display of the many "make work" projects that the US government has been involved in while the most secret stuff is kept safely out of the limelight. It is all a facade to keep aerospace boxed up in a conventional paradigm by seemingly doing advanced work in propulsion and airframe fabrication. That should throw off or at least confuse those countries in rushing their own equipment into space. Plus, it makes it easy to hand money to the aerospace industries as they also do their more important and secret black budget work.

I can't make believers of you folks, but if you ever see a triangle as I have, low, slow and silently, you WILL question about everything you are told about how machines move in the air without using air in any form.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I also wonder what the point of all of this is? What is the end product?

I see the power games - the mine is better than yours muscle flexing - and the money they can justify in their expensive research programs. They just need to be seen doing this and appearing to be reaching these goals as long as the other side believes its OK. A blind race.

Once and when we resolve a craft that can travel at these speeds what actual purpose would it serve? Great, now that we can fly around the earth in minutes can we do something about important things like poverty?

Is it so we can explore the vastness of space? Is it because there is a real threat from space that they have not told us about? What secret agendas are being met here?

Hey! When can I order something from Amazon and have it arrive as soon as the order is placed? Hell, I want Amazon to know what I want before I even order it!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Could this technology be the "noise" being heard throughout the world? i wonder

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I, too have always wondered why the US gets the shiny toys but other countries aren't allowed to play.

Guess might makes right, huh.

The US government is a big bully on a little playground. And I'm a US citizen saying this.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

When your country has a habit of pissing the world off.

It's best to keep a military edge.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Guess so.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When you have military bases, nuclear subs, puppet governments and carrier battlegroups forward deployed all over the world (and space) what other real purpose of this other than terrorism?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The US government is a big bully on a little playground.

You don't get out much, do you?

You know what Japan did during World War II? Carted the men off to work as slaves in the coal mines while turning the schools into brothels. When they left following the signing of the Armistice - they cut down every tree on the Korean Peninsula. To this day - if you go there, you can see that the trees growing on the mountains were planted in rows.

The U.S. is not blameless in the wars we've participated in - but when you look at our policies in effect during all of our wars versus the policies of the nations we have been at odds with... you gain an appreciation for "our cause."

en.wikipedia.org...

There was some seriously #ed up # being done according to the policies of Imperialist Japan. Stuff we send people to Leavenworth for (if not execute them).

Go ahead - don't stop with Imperialist Japan - look at the policies of Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany, Baath Party Iraq, Iran, North Korea, etc.

Hitler would have given his left nut to have a military as powerful as ours. And you can bet he would have taken the outcry over the border issue to annex and racially cleanse Mexico.

You think we're dicks for having a big military that people are afraid of. We don't even use it.

reply to post by YarlanZey

Hell, if Aurora is real and can reach mach 50 and that is old news what are they doing now? At mach 50 would that be anywhere in the world in about half and hour?

The "Aurora" was not a Mach 50 aircraft. The code-name Aurora was, in reality, the B-2 project. That said - the aircraft people attributed the name "Aurora" to - a hypersonic testbed prototype - was not likely much faster than around Mach 4-6. Mach 50 is just silly. At that point, you're not flying - you're ballistic (hell, you are pretty much ballistic at mach 3).

Development of hypersonic, high-altitude craft was largely abandoned after the fall of the USSR and the demonstrated cost-effectiveness of cruise missile and ballistic missile platforms.

The reason we are seeing renewed interest is because of the rising costs of deploying theater-capable combat assets. We have carriers, cruisers, and destroyers deployed world-wide not just as a show of presence but also as a reaction force to various events requiring a military response.

And that's expensive. When tensions started mounting in Libya (whether you agree we should have gotten involved, or not) - we had to deploy forces to the region weeks in advance of our televised involvement (when we actually started bringing the noise). Flight plans had to be meticulously planned so Turkey wouldn't start trying to shoot our # down (or something along those lines) - ordnance had to be delivered, crews had to be flown in and briefed, etc.

What they want with this is the ability to drop precision munitions from damn-near orbit and shed 70% of the costs of carrying out similar rapid, temporary-deployment operations, currently.

The entire military is changing, once again. We're getting ready to enter another draw-down in standard forces - but we will likely double the size of the special warfare communities. America can afford neither the current standing army we have, nor to ignore global events. So a compromise is found in the special forces communities - which have been steadily growing since 2001.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

When you have military bases, nuclear subs, puppet governments and carrier battlegroups forward deployed all over the world (and space) what other real purpose of this other than terrorism?

To out from under the bill of maintaining most of that stuff.

If we wanted to terrorize countries - we could always just fire cruise missiles into them from said ships with relative impunity - just for #s and giggles.

We could deploy special forces teams to their countries and make their # spontaneously explode or political figures mysteriously disappear.

We could use our electronic warfare capabilities to shut down everything that isn't broadcast through a fiber optic line (even shielded, closed-circuit systems can be monkeyed with). That could be quite entertaining, considering how entire banking systems are reliant upon the internet.

Or, if we REALLY want to have some fun... we could take a ship full of sailors who just got the small pox vaccine and turn them lose on the local harlot populations. Small Pox... eradicated? ... A brief foot-note in your history book, my friend.

We don't need this thing to terrorize people. All we require to terrorize people is the desire to do it... and a little creativity will make tomorrow's history class more interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If such a craft is being made known to the public, you can be SURE that it is OBSOLETE already.

Gotta laugh when the Alien and outer-space flying-saucer fanatics claim that the unidentified craft in the skies that they see are "definitely not of this world" because of their speed capabilities and amazing maneuvers. WRONG, they ARE of this world. Jokes on you.

edit on 22-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To bad posters here get their panties in a bunch when the US stops other countries from wanting to develop nuclear weapons.
Why should we let them?

Back when this thing was launched I did a little research as to what it means over all. You see with this type weapon it is the destructive power from sheer speed and impact. With this weapon we will dismantle our nuclear bombs. It won`t be the delivery system of them as most including myself first thought.

And this craft will not be used for human transport.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join