It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FireFox 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi I just downloaded this browser because I had to anyways at the date of April 24.
It is really quick but I hate the greyed out graphics and I hate the reload button wayyyyyyyyyyy over to the right now.
I was wondering if any tech people here know of or would know that a fix is going to be available to make it more colourful than what it is now? Also I hate the reload and stop loading button all in one feature as well.

Running this on XP, the wife is running it on W7.
If you don't have an answer please share your thoughts on this new browser so we can all learn here.

I am not all negative on it as I said above it is really fast and so I am told it is much much more secure, I guess thats why they are forcing the download on everyone come April 24, (3 days from now)

Please chime in with anything on your mind here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I believe version 11 is the active beta version which gets updated often. The version 10 might have what you need. I read your post completely wrong, hence my 1st strange answer. Carry on and uh...no idea, maybe you should try asking Mozilla.
edit on 21/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Read it all wrong

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hi there,
Firefox user here...
I would suggest going on this official Add-ons for Firefox.
It can give you personalisations and themes and so on.
Check it out.. Add-ons
I would suggest downgrading first because some features may not work on that update.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hey Light speed, thanks for the reply but no it is not a driver problem, the navigation bar is greyed out and lacking any colour whatso ever.
I don't know how to do a screen shot and post it here but if you google Firefox 11 you will get the idea.
I am running two 1 gig PNY Nivdia cards here and the wife is running a one gig ATI card.

Even all the tabs you open up top are grey and the add a tab or delete a tab are grey and I keep hitting add a tab when trying to close a tab......Laughing here I hope you know what I mean.

Anyways thanks for the ding and please check it out if your interested, I am in a very steep learning curve here and yes my rig is about 5 years old or so.
I don't like change but I know when its time to hit the books and now is that time.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms
Hi there,
Firefox user here...
I would suggest going on this official Add-ons for Firefox.
It can give you personalisations and themes and so on.
Check it out.. Add-ons
I would suggest downgrading first because some features may not work on that update.

Thanks for that site, you are correct and in Kaspersky the url advisor is not working and the virtual key board is not working, they will eventually with updates is what they say.

From what we experience yesterday and today downgrading does not help, I could be wrong and that is why I am here now.
Thanks very much for your suggestions.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
After you downgrade, you might want to uncheck the update button so that further updates are not forced upon you. Go to Tools-->Options-->Advanced, and in the "Update" tab, uncheck Firefox.

I don't know about Firefox 11, but up to version 9 (which I'm using) you can click on a neutral area of a toolbar and select "Customize" and move things around where you want them on the toolbars. If you prefer you can also get rid of the toolbar that has "Reload" on it (I do that to make more viewing space). Pressing F5 will reload; pressing Ctrl+F5 will reload and clear the cache. The Esc key will stop loading....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
After you downgrade, you might want to uncheck the update button so that further updates are not forced upon you. Go to Tools-->Options-->Advanced, and in the "Update" tab, uncheck Firefox.

I don't know about Firefox 11, but up to version 9 (which I'm using) you can click on a neutral area of a toolbar and select "Customize" and move things around where you want them on the toolbars. If you prefer you can also get rid of the toolbar that has "Reload" on it (I do that to make more viewing space). Pressing F5 will reload; pressing Ctrl+F5 will reload and clear the cache. The Esc key will stop loading....

Yep we had the update button set so it says notify me and I will decide in the old version and all our settings were saved exactly as they were so thats not a problem but thanks for the heads up on that.
With 11 you get tons of actual screen room lots of stuff up top is gone and the loading status bar at the bottom is gone too, I believe this speeds things up as this thing is fast but ugly in my opinion.

I am not changing browsers though, we came from Netscape to Firefox so we are joined at the hip I guess.
One nice thing I like is if you go to tools, options and then to cache to clear it, it has a running total of how much cache is being used at that time.
I thought that was a nice touch.

Thanks for the reply and I mean that.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 21-4-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've been a Firefox fan from about the time it first came out.

I think I understand what you're saying about the stop/reload being in the end of the address bar. Try the customize toolbar option. Right click on the navigation bar and select "Customize". The stop and reload buttons should pop out from the address space and you can move them to where ever you want. I tried it on mine (FF 11) and it works.

As for the color, you can try some of the themes available.

Firefox themes

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I've been a Firefox fan from about the time it first came out.

I think I understand what you're saying about the stop/reload being in the end of the address bar. Try the customize toolbar option. Right click on the navigation bar and select "Customize". The stop and reload buttons should pop out from the address space and you can move them to where ever you want. I tried it on mine (FF 11) and it works.

As for the color, you can try some of the themes available.

Firefox themes

Good stuff Sir/Madam Mr Marty :-) thanks very much for that information, I will try and move the stop and reload buttons in the morning when I am fully awake.
I have been at this computer all day checking settings and tweeking and reading everything 4 times before I hit the ok button LOL

Glad to hear from somebody who is also running FF11

Thanks again my friend
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
To the addons issue, I have FF 11 on my system and all the addons I use work fine, so I see no reason to have the OP downgrade to an older version.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Left click on the upper part of the taskbar of Firefox, and select "customize". Now drag the icons to where you want them to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Iwinder

Left click on the upper part of the taskbar of Firefox, and select "customize". Now drag the icons to where you want them to be.

Thanks so much that did the trick, both mine and the wifes computer now have a reload button back where it is logical.

I just have to figure out how to separate the reload button and the stop button so we have both here.

Again thanks so much
Regards, Iwinder and wife too :-)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ok now I have both a reload and a stop button and the home button all on the left where they used to be........

Whoooohooo! :-)

Now if I could just get some of this gray scale coloured I would be a happy happy camper.

Thanks to everyone here for the help and please keep this thread alive because come Tuesday it is going to be a busy place with the forced update happening.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Maybe this will help.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's pretty cool. If you hover your mouse over the persona thumbnail, you can see what it looks like on your browser.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Iwinder

Maybe this will help.

I checked out the link you provided and I thank you for it, will these themes give some colour to the navigation bar and the tabs bar?

Asking and learning here all at once, probably going to screw up more than once while I am at it:-)

Thanks again,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
reply to post by ArMaP

That's pretty cool. If you hover your mouse over the persona thumbnail, you can see what it looks like on your browser.

Christ I can't thank you enough for mentioning the hover over the thumbnail,,,,,,, this is fanstastic.
WOW
Going to play with them now it sure beats the grey scale all to hell.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join