It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic energywave, sub-atomic particles and time.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Many people have the gut feeling time is speeding up or has sped up...including me. Thinking about how this can possibly be while our clocks show us the right time.

Well because digital clocks run on an occilator it can only be if this occilator is affected by something too. The other day I learned that our solar-system is entering a cosmic energy cloud and somewhere else I read it is passing an energy plane radiating from the centre of our milkyway.

Can it be that this energy...no matter from where it is coming is affecting matter on a sub-atomic scale which causes these sub-atomic particles to vibrate at a higher frequency? This in their turn will cause a higher occilation frequency in kristals....of which some are used in digital time-keepers.

Anybody..?
edit on 21/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It very well could be. We have very little knowledge of many of these energies that are pouring through our solar system currently. Really, our knowledge about energies is rather limited anyway. Hence, the fear we are currently witnessing.
edit on 21-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

What is time but an illusion? We have the power to speed it up or slow it down merely by the way we perceive it....makes me wonder..

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Perception of time speeds up as people age. This has to do with a number of things regarding how the brain operates... but! I also like to consider the bigger picture. And because we know the universe is expanding, it makes you wonder if time or the perception of is affected in some way, as the current understanding includes time as a 4th dimension.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Perception of time speeds up as people age. This has to do with a number of things regarding how the brain operates... but! I also like to consider the bigger picture. And because we know the universe is expanding, it makes you wonder if time or the perception of is affected in some way, as the current understanding includes time as a 4th dimension.

The question has risen because of the personal perception but.....time keeping is an exact 'science'...no perception there. If my little theory holds water, many people can feel their perception justified.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
ive always put it related to age.

when you are young, say 9, time seems slow because we have experienced so little so therefore when people say when you are 18 you can. To a child that is 9 years old, who only understands how long 9 years is, than that will be double his entire lifetime. so to a child time seems to travel slowly.

now when you are old, say 70, you have experienced 70 long years and time and flown by. back when you were a child 9 years felt like a lifetime, now 9 years is but a fraction of what you have experienced. in comparison to when you were young. double the child life time was only 9 years experiencing a total of 18 years, however double the lifetime of a 70 year old is 70 years experiencing a total of 140 years. so effectively time seems to travel alot faster.

this is also my theory as to why Old people drive so slowly on the roads, whereas youngsters drive like maniacs. the old guy while driving, since time is perceived to passing so quickly, needs to drive slowly so his mind can keep up. the youngster since time is perceived to pass slowly needs to dive faster or else everything just seems too slow.

so the next time you see a speeding senior citizen, hats off to him cause he is travelling at near the speed of light

edit on 21-4-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Please read my previous post..

sec.line

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I tend to view it as psychological, yes. However, the perception of it speeds up....That would indicate that a person's cognition is speeding up as well. Why?

Many here have suggested that age has much to do with it. It very well may. However, I have has 20 somethings tell me that it seems like time is going by quickly. I suppose that could be attributed to a "fast paced" life. However, how can that be said of someone who, for instance, just stays home, watches movies and reads books? Really, it's beginning to make me wonder.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

it could be how we perceive time.

say when you were 1 years old. than to you one year will feel like a lifetime, because it is.

now say you are 100, that same one year is now only 0.01% of your lifetime. or 1/100.

i like my theory anyway explains why old people drive so slowly

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

The question has risen because of the personal perception but.....time keeping is an exact 'science'...no perception there. If my little theory holds water, many people can feel their perception justified.

Time is an exact science but that does not mean perception is an exact science. If everything is speeding up, (Time included) who is to say that the fundamental perception of time is not affected by the change?

To put it in perspective...

I think relativity cancels this out. But unless you spoke to someone next to a black hole, and someone quite far away from it, you won't get any experimental data on the issue.

Or am I just drunk\?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It is a very difficult matter..although..frequencies can be measured....but what if the measuring device is affected aswell? I know too little about Einsteins theory or how the quantum/ string part of physics works.

Maybe you are right....and are you not drunk but am I...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
OP, my thoughts are the same....

I am on the fence as an observer taking in everything and absorbing credible evidence that may suggest particles are indeed changing on a subatomic level. Its plausible but only time will tell if it will have any impact on us, if they are indeed changing.

What doesn't change in the Universe anyway? Isn't change constant? I think the answer is YES!

For me.... right now... I believe it to be true. Me thinking its true....can also change though. Time will tell me and show me the proof.....

Not sure if you have watched this lecture but if you haven't you may want to take the time especially if you are indeed serious. Its not a doom and gloom lecture. She lays out the evidence and says not to take her word for it...research her links.

I did.... and found even more credible evidence that suggests its possible and may perhaps be effecting us now.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
For person suffering a manic psycotic episode, time slows down or rather their peception of it speeds up. Dmt.
Which makes things a bit weird.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Try sitting at one set of red traffic lights after another when you are in a hurry , then you will truly know how slow time can be

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The reason why we perceive Time to go more quickly when we get older is because of a chemical called '___'. Children produces more '___' than adults do. '___' is basically the same as a gfx cards FPS. A child perceive the world at say 100 fps and an adult at 20. Having less fps as an adult means time will be going faster as you experience life with only 20 moments in one sec. Whereas a child with 100 fps will percieve time to be slow as (s)he experiences 100 moments in one second.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As we get older, it seems common that the years seem to pass quicker then the previous ones. It seems common throughout people you ask. Sure it could be physiological, but I have long thought about this since I find it strange.

My initial theory, was that our stretch of space was either accelerating, or decelerating. We know for a fact that velocity effects time, so who's to say that our observable universe is not moving extremely fast, but changing speed. Of course we look at distant stars and can't perceive the movement correctly, because we may only be able to see the portion of the universe that is moving with us; relatively.

Another point. What is velocity? Is it us moving, or is it space moving past us? Think about it. Makes you wonder. Since the universe is "soup", relative velocities are really almost meaningless.

In high school, 20+ years ago, I wrote a story for English class. It started with: "Does the ball hit the wall, or the wall hit the ball." I wish I still had a copy of that story.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Very interesting thoughts..everything is relative from eachother. Bit off topic but..a teacher once told me that the energy required to put the pencils back into the box is equal to the energy that was released when they dropped out of the box. From time to time I stil ponder that.... but I guess he is right.

There are so many wonders yet to understand and to discover. The last hundred or so years we have caught a glimpse of what nature is about and can well be that there is still 99 % to discover and understand. Hell...it can be that everything we think is right is wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
The reason why we perceive Time to go more quickly when we get older is because of a chemical called '___'. Children produces more '___' than adults do. '___' is basically the same as a gfx cards FPS. A child perceive the world at say 100 fps and an adult at 20. Having less fps as an adult means time will be going faster as you experience life with only 20 moments in one sec. Whereas a child with 100 fps will percieve time to be slow as (s)he experiences 100 moments in one second.

Many people think this thread is about why we perceive time speeding up...but it isn't. It is about trying to justify this gut feeling of time speeding up with hard science.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

As regarding age. I would like to share what happened about a year a go. I am a live in carer and for 3 weeks kept saying to my client that time was going at a ridiculous rate the last previous 3 weeks. I had only mentioned it to him. He says it was age (he's 70 and I'm mid 40's) and we had a bit of a laugh about it but I could feel it at a frightening speed and kept commenting to him about this. One day a District Nurse came round to see him and out of the blue she said to us 'have you noticed how time has sped up over the last 3 weeks and how her children had commented on this as well). I was pretty shocked how she came out with this comment out of the blue. The fact she felt this in her 30's and both her kids were under 12 takes away the 'age' factor out of this.....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Many people have the gut feeling time is speeding up or has sped up...including me. Thinking about how this can possibly be while our clocks show us the right time.

Well because digital clocks run on an occilator it can only be if this occilator is affected by something too. The other day I learned that our solar-system is entering a cosmic energy cloud and somewhere else I read it is passing an energy plane radiating from the centre of our milkyway.

Can it be that this energy...no matter from where it is coming is affecting matter on a sub-atomic scale which causes these sub-atomic particles to vibrate at a higher frequency? This in their turn will cause a higher occilation frequency in kristals....of which some are used in digital time-keepers.

Anybody..?

The time has nothing to do with with clocks read, it has to do with how fast the earth rotates. And it has been rotating as fast now as it was before you were born.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join