It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned Drones To Be More Widely Used In The U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Unmanned Drones To Be More Widely Used In The U.S.

Human Rights anti-Party • The Supplement

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has authorized the wider use of unmanned drones in the U.S, which have already been used to monitor U.S. citizens for several years. The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) had to resort to suing the federal government to see who had been approved to use aerial drones. The FAA responded by sending a list of 60 organizations that have been authorized to use unmanned aerial drones within the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-4-2012 by Terrorist because: added permalink

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. The government is getting too much power to monitor people. The legal precedents on this go back to rulings from the 80s about manned aerial surveillance and they ended up ruling that aerial surveillance that would be otherwise impossible is permissible under the 4th amendment. Towns as small as 2,000 people are getting permits for drones. What could they seriously want with that? What are they actually going to do with these UAVs?
I smell conspiracy :/

Human Rights anti-Party • The Supplement
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-4-2012 by Terrorist because: added permalink

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it.

It looks like the American people are ok with this it as they aren't doing anything about it so it must be a good thing I'm guessing. Actually I keep reading here on ATS that if you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Guess I was wrong all along.

Peace

edit on 20-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
An eye is upon you! An eye ready to blink...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Originally posted by jude11

It looks like the American people are ok with this it as they aren't doing anything about it so it must be a good thing I'm guessing. Actually I keep reading here on ATS that if you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Peace

It would be extremely naïve of me to take for granted that the government is just going to do what they're supposed to with the drones. That's totally untrue that if you're "doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about." No offense meant towards you, it's just that I've seen so much information that suggests otherwise.
Because the "FAA Modernization" bill contained nothing about privacy rights for U.S. citizens & legal residents, this opens drone use up to unimaginable abuse.
Just food for thought, but if they start to arm these UAVs, then we have to deal with hundreds of innocent people dying in Pakistan (but I think it would be a while before that happens).
Also, I'm pretty sure the reason Americans aren't complaining about this is because they don't know. From what I can tell this hasn't resonated in the mainstream media much.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok Ok ... there is a lot of crazy paranoia going on in this thread. Maybe I can help.

About me. I'm an Engineer and I build these. I take them to the field also. So I can speak from experience an not opinion.

We are still VERY limited by the FAA regarding airspace. And this has nothing to do with spying on citizens by the way. It is a safety of flight issue. UAV's do not have all the super duper electronics packages like terrain avoidance, collision avoidance, terrain following, systems that are present on passenger airframes. Because they do not have pilots they cannot truly operate in VFR. You sort of have tunnel vision piloting a UAV because all you see is what the camera sees.

Imagine driving a car and all you can see is what is displayed on the LCD of your camera.

We have to rely on the command center and ATC capability to avoid conflicting airspace. In the future this will change when 'Avoidance Payloads' are added to the electronics but currently this is not the case.

The primary mission for UAVs in America is Border Patrol and Fire protection. We very often work with CBP/DHS to monitor our borders. Hey, it's that or put up a ridiculous fence. I don't have much to say in the positive column on the whole operation to be honest but you should know we DO NOT SPY ON CITIZENS. Not only is this illegal but it's a waste of money. Each mission is a huge coordination effort on many fronts.

For fire protection we routinely give aid to the Fire Service when we have major fires in the wild regions of California for example. This helps them to locate the hot spots, and personnel. It also gives them real time data 24/7 so they can plan the fire missions and save brave men's (often volunteer) lives.

You should know that 99% of all UAV assets are overseas in support of the troops. They really do make a very very big positive difference today.

You should get used to the idea of UAVs in our airspace. They are the absolute future. They will be running supplies, rescue missions, possibly even passengers one day. And so will the cars by the way.

Feel free to voice your concerns, but I can assure you these are assets that do not persecute the public. I promise you that should that day come I will not serve the industry any longer. I am a veteran of the US military and I still hold my oath to protect the citizens and respect them very seriously.

Sincerely,

UAV Engineer and responsible citizen.

SW 11:11

edit on 20-4-2012 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Peace

This is true! Life is wonderful in the Land of the slaves, home of the afraid, because NO ONE is doing anything WRONG!

besides, fighting might mean you could get arrested and who wants that? Life is too good....

And AMERICAN IDOL is ON TV!!!!

edit on 20-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Peace

OK what a joke!!!!! Just what are they supposed to do about it??? I mean, I would like to see it made really easy to add you name onto electronic protests, or letter writing groups in our own towns. Maybe massive doses of letters and phone calls, made much easier with sites that give us what to say, how to stay polite, and what to write.

But people's votes don't count, their protests and rallies don't count, their actions don't count, only legal action gets anywhere some of the time and that takes money and at least half the country doesn't have any.

It reminds me of that bank mural, where it shows the citizens with blank protest signs more or less muzzled, no voice.

I would be developing my psi in groups and creating etheric items that short circuit all drones and anything they are doing that harm us, including working with the grids.

We need to activate the grids, and use crystals, and Hawaii comes to mind as a key one, in 3's apparently Anyway, it cannot hurt, and we need to focus on intention, seeing green healing crystalline light, pyramids to heal the land and all growing things, and to cause all GMO to mutatte to heritage, Blue Crystal Light to heal all oceans and shut down Fukushima and all their radiation and toxins.

White light to raise everyones frequecy.

And I'm not joking. There are only two ways of fighting, the war kind, or the true psi Force.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In other words, one way or another we have to take back our world. And I suggest really going for the growth and meditation healing groups, and lots and lots of letters and phone calls to them and the media and fire them.

Also, we need to form community awareness groups to educate communities about the full extent of what is going on and how being silent is massive child abuse.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ahhh, Unity_99.

I have long enjoyed your posts here honestly. I remember a time when you were a bit more positive and objective. I hope you can return to center and peace and oneness.

Honestly drones are the future. There is no way around it. Now, we all have a point here when we say we don't want surveillance and combat drones above our city. No issue there.. We have all seen the latest 'Terminator' movie with Skynet.

The truth is that we can spend less money and support people like firemen and forest service and guys like that. We have ZERO ability to operate drones over a city. That day may come but regulation is the key. This drone argument is NOT going to be any small matter. It will eventually be on the level of gun control in the city.

Be ready, but be positive. You of all people should realize that we create our own reality. Imagine a world where we use these tools responsibly.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Positive? I am positive! Drones aren't in my future, I don't know what timeline/universe others are creating as their next step, but I am into seeing a wonderful free and equal world, that is very high tech, very clean, with abundant nature and true cosmic educations, and developing far beyond the human condition on every level.

For example I'm very hard pressed to merely see level 1 civilzations, for its something far more expansive I see, where we are multitasking and very capable, and want to either get back to that wonderful existence, if its a past step, or onto to it, if I've been given future glimpses, because I don't know where this knowledge/memories of what is natural, versus here, what is unnatural, comes from. Past or Future.

And don't believe that physically taking out anything is a good idea, but we have to use our spiritual and psi now to heal the grids and take out all negative use of technology, without harming anyone.

In otherwords, humans have to start to wake up and they're not going to like this when it happens. That is what aware people on this journey are meant to do.

They truly underestimate humans and have no idea of what our souls/spirit's are capable of.

Removign the programming that dumbs down our consciousness and puts us to sleep and under their NLP, Spell:
OBEY, is very important.

As to what humans seem to be accepting, they in their free will are doing nothing of the sort.

And the "dark side", really the younger ones who need more time to grow up, have constructed this game of checkerboard floor where they have to get permissions to do things that violate free will but they put it out as fantasies so no one pays attention, and they think they can cheat and actually inhibit souls progression.

They don't realize Family doesn't actually allow cheating in the least.

"They Live" - Truth Sunglasses

This and Free Will Don't Go Hand In Hand.

In fact until people are grounded in Truth and Aware, they can't even begin to recover Free will, not to mention that unless there is Equality there is no true freedom either, for Freedom and Equality depend on each other.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
Ok Ok ... there is a lot of crazy paranoia going on in this thread. Maybe I can help.

Sorry I can come off as hysterical

The primary mission for UAVs in America is Border Patrol and Fire protection. We very often work with CBP/DHS to monitor our borders. Hey, it's that or put up a ridiculous fence.

I even have reservation about their use for border control. The media and government dehumanize "illegal" immigrants to the point where I could definitely see the government arming the UAVs they use on the border without a huge public backlash. People are already murdering them on the border, and this may soon make it even easier to do so.

I don't have much to say in the positive column on the whole operation to be honest but you should know we DO NOT SPY ON CITIZENS. Not only is this illegal but it's a waste of money. Each mission is a huge coordination effort on many fronts.

It's not that clear cut, there really is some legal ambiguity to that.

For fire protection we routinely give aid to the Fire Service when we have major fires in the wild regions of California for example. This helps them to locate the hot spots, and personnel. It also gives them real time data 24/7 so they can plan the fire missions and save brave men's (often volunteer) lives.

I completely agree on drone usage in situations like this. My previous comments may have made it seem like I don't think there's any ethical usage for UAVs, I didn't mean to assert that.

You should know that 99% of all UAV assets are overseas in support of the troops. They really do make a very very big positive difference today.

While I doubt that exact percentage is accurate, it is true that most of the U.S./NATO's drones are in various nations for the Overseas Contingency Operation. However, that is only because UAVs haven't been approved for widespread domestic usage until now. Also, their usage in combat is extremely unethical.

You should get used to the idea of UAVs in our airspace. They are the absolute future. They will be running supplies, rescue missions, possibly even passengers one day. And so will the cars by the way.

Feel free to voice your concerns, but I can assure you these are assets that do not persecute the public. I promise you that should that day come I will not serve the industry any longer. I am a veteran of the US military and I still hold my oath to protect the citizens and respect them very seriously.

You're absolutely right that there are some wonderful applications for unmanned drones. It's just I'm still skeptical that the government, particularly the FBI & DHS, will acknowledge their obligations to privacy rights, seeing as they've recently turned out to have been involved in a lot of human rights violations in that area.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Zero ability?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let us know when you quit your job.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
And yes we need to as psi workers take out all the drones and let them realize they can no longer do this to us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

PULL !!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
some drones were tested in our small town outlying a major city with an airbase

the results were (my observations)

- increase in death
- increase in depression (town would become silent during thier patrol)
- a total feeling of hopelessness

air traffic would also increase to that of a commercial airport during drone testing

this was a few years ago, they have not been flying since

drones are definitely not going to serve the purposes that the government wants you to think

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist
reply to post by jude11

Peace

It would be extremely naïve of me to take for granted that the government is just going to do what they're supposed to with the drones. That's totally untrue that if you're "doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about." No offense meant towards you, it's just that I've seen so much information that suggests otherwise.
Because the "FAA Modernization" bill contained nothing about privacy rights for U.S. citizens & legal residents, this opens drone use up to unimaginable abuse.
Just food for thought, but if they start to arm these UAVs, then we have to deal with hundreds of innocent people dying in Pakistan (but I think it would be a while before that happens).
Also, I'm pretty sure the reason Americans aren't complaining about this is because they don't know. From what I can tell this hasn't resonated in the mainstream media much.

Dude,

I was being sarcastic...

I agree with you 100%!

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

It's ironic that the movie "The Matrix" is going on in the background.

As you might imagine I have a different perspective. You guys OF ALL PEOPLE should be skeptical about what you read vs. what is reality. Especially with online sources.

I will have to hear specific examples to comment. As far as DHS is concerned, in my opinion it is a massive waste of money and time and disorganized as all hell. I don't have much to say that's positive. I do, however, know that they want only certain 'types' of illegals to come in. They want just enough to lower the cost of local produce, meat, and construction costs to help the economy. (Do not make the mistake of thinking this is anything more than my opinion).

They really do make an effort to stop the drug trade, when they decide to that is, between their coffee breaks and home cooked meals. Forgive me if my military perspective is harsh on DHS/CBP but these guys seem like pansies to me.

Anyway, what is it exactly that you think these 'Drones' are capable of? The ones operating in the US have 0% weapons. All they have is some radios and an infrared camera. If you think the average citizen is in danger of that you should really be protesting against those damn 'Red Light Traffic Cameras'...this is the area we are coming to where citizens cannot make an honest mistake in judgement without prosecution.

If you are afraid of a UAV you MUST be running from the police or hiding something illegal out in the 'boonies'. The truth is they have no capability to 'look' for anything else. What does the average citizen fear about a camera out at 5,000' AGL ? All you see is a human outline running. BELIEVE me the satellites that have been in orbit for a decade are 100x more to be feared. This is just the latest thing to make headlines.

CBP/DHS uses them at night to catch drug runners in the Arizona, California, and Texas deserts. Nothing else.

I remember a recent mission we had that was a HUGE deal and made headlines for us. We were given clearance into civilian airspace to aid in the search and rescue of missing hikers. Make no mistake this was a huge even to get cleared. We were able to scan their last known position and survey the area until we found them.

I truly have no agenda here. I just hate for citizens to fear something they don't need to. This is just like any tool. We should be fighting to properly regulate the use rather than fear the over all picture. Fear clouds sound judgement. We will need that sound judgement to make rational arguments to our politicians regarding regulation.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

I am going to be serious now, not that I want to because I am tired of thinking.. (lol.. finals)

Anyway, what may have the appearance of, and be purported to be, a "good thing" and for "legitimate purposes" never ends up being what it is advertised (for lack of better wording)

Take for example the Patriot Act. Supposedly for fighting terrorism, although since it's implementation, out of the approx. 2,000 people charged and/or prosecuted under the Act only about two dozen could be considered terrorists, the rest were simply American citizens, some criminal, some not, all of whom were denied normal due processes and other legal rights previously granted by law, due to the use of the Patriot Act.

These drones are only one more way to spy on Americans, more than likely using Patriot Act or NDAA laws to justify it. One more civil liberty down the proverbial drain. Nothing is ever what it seems.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just finished watching a news item on this in Australia. The Australian Police are interested in using Drones to monitor the public.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join