It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned Drones To Be More Widely Used In The U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
some drones were tested in our small town outlying a major city with an airbase

the results were (my observations)

- increase in death
- increase in depression (town would become silent during thier patrol)
- a total feeling of hopelessness

air traffic would also increase to that of a commercial airport during drone testing

this was a few years ago, they have not been flying since

drones are definitely not going to serve the purposes that the government wants you to think

I have to say, I'm sorry but this is BS in my opinion.
Can we gain some perspective here? Regarding death....what is the death rate in a manned aircraft with the same mission?

Regarding the town being silent...you speak for the whole town now do you?

I can say the small 'towns' we fly near do not have this issue. In fact UAV's have a FAR FAR FAR better record regarding deaths vs missions. Why do you think we are moving in that direction.

Last, the local economy (which is no small issue these days) is almost 95% supported by the huge amount of personnel needed to operate these systems. In short they DO create thousands of jobs AND support the local economy.

It's hard to find fault in true logic vs.fear based paranoia.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I beg to differ. Drones ARE a part of your future because YOU are here and so are they concurrently. You may not realize this but the fleet is going to grow my factors.

We can both dream and create the perfect future. How about a future where drones are neither feared NOR used inappropriately. Why don't we create a future where we have the best of both worlds...where drones save lives and help the economy and do not infringe on citizens freedoms.

We CAN make it happen. If you are fearful then you are out of balance. If you are out of balance then focusing on your vision is clouded.

Lets all have a clear vision of a safe and freedom filled future. If they cross the line with this new 'tool' then we will all address it together. I will ALWAYS be on the side of the American citizen.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Thank you for your insight and expertise!

The community needs more people who are in the know about issues which otherwise might bring about fear to unwitting members.

I agree that drones are in our future, no matter what.

I just saw this one earlier today. What do you think about this

TacoCopter!!

I'm thinking when we do eventually get the tech available where millions of drones can run things in the air without colliding, our use of energy for various needs will drop a bit.
edit on 20-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This will be a boon for the UFO community.
Sightings will be on the rise I bet.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Thank you for your insight and expertise!

The community needs more people who are in the know about issues which otherwise might bring about fear to unwitting members.

I agree that drones are in our future, no matter what.

I just saw this one earlier today. What do you think about this

TacoCopter!!

I'm thinking when we do eventually get the tech available where millions of drones can run things in the air without colliding, our use of energy for various needs will drop a bit.
edit on 20-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

Haha. Outstanding !! Tacos delivered by UAV...sign me up !! I would probably, realistically, only be able to afford a taco one time though!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Are these the same drones they use to assasinate people with abroad? Just spydrones is bad enough but if it's the same armed drones.. then WTF?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

These two gentleman do not share your lack of concern.

markey.house.gov...
edit on 20-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Are these the same drones they use to assasinate people with abroad? Just spydrones is bad enough but if it's the same armed drones.. then WTF?

They are not armed.

but they can do excellent surveillance, and already are used for that over us soil.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You sound like a politician, as such I do not find you very trustworthy!

Why don't we be realistic, these are spy planes and things such as the Patriot Act makes it perfectly fine to spy on every citizen in the country. God knows, we are terrified of those terrorists, you know, the rednecks who have guns and people who, shock of all shocks, watch info-wars, read prison planet, and--get this--- support Ron Paul, and know their constitutional rights...

Terrible people! They should be spied on 24/7!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
reply to post by Unity_99

I beg to differ. Drones ARE a part of your future because YOU are here and so are they concurrently. You may not realize this but the fleet is going to grow my factors.

We can both dream and create the perfect future. How about a future where drones are neither feared NOR used inappropriately. Why don't we create a future where we have the best of both worlds...where drones save lives and help the economy and do not infringe on citizens freedoms.

We CAN make it happen. If you are fearful then you are out of balance. If you are out of balance then focusing on your vision is clouded.

Lets all have a clear vision of a safe and freedom filled future. If they cross the line with this new 'tool' then we will all address it together. I will ALWAYS be on the side of the American citizen.

This is not all in the same realms, we are constantly and rapidly going in and out of channels all the time, and we have our own frequencies and yearn for something, that is our next steps. So, not that isn't my realm.

However, seeing all the different events that cover all these frequencies, lifting off, as some of them are, its time to really start to work the grids and heal this planet so she can move on. For there are limits to what is allowed to happen.

Atlantis and the transhumanism and dark matter experiments back then are an example.

We're here alright, but we were never put here to endure a bad idea from the more immature elements of this planet, we were put here to wake up and start to do the right thing, activate and SHINE, you know the way the sun shines the Good Families Soul Light/Love.

So, when to anyone trying to pull others down to their lower frequency matches on this earth zone, NO. Not going to happen. But that doesnt prevent us from shining our light into the darker areas and trying to encourage others pull up.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiddleClassWarrior
This will be a boon for the UFO community.
Sightings will be on the rise I bet.

It's possible, but only for the small models like handheld size. Even then, they make so much noise you would be hard pressed to mistake it for a 'saucer'

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

You sound like a politician, as such I do not find you very trustworthy!

Why don't we be realistic, these are spy planes and things such as the Patriot Act makes it perfectly fine to spy on every citizen in the country. God knows, we are terrified of those terrorists, you know, the rednecks who have guns and people who, shock of all shocks, watch info-wars, read prison planet, and--get this--- support Ron Paul, and know their constitutional rights...

Terrible people! They should be spied on 24/7!

Well, perhaps you need to enhance your reading abilities. As I stated, I am a veteran and an Engineer, not a politician. Not that I find that insulting. A job is what you make it. If you are honest and moral then you can be good at whatever your job is.

The Patriot Act is a terrible misfortune. You should know that even your mistrustful politicians only had 15 minutes to read and discuss the hundreds and hundreds of pages of it before being forced to vote it up or down. I don't believe tying UAVs into the Patriot Act has anything to do with anything...but considering how broad and vague that piece of crap document is I wouldn't doubt it might. BUT, do you have a section from this document to reference or are you talking out of your other hole? Let's not add more fear and negativity to the subject without references shall we.

BTW, I fully support Ron Paul and intend to vote for him even with his abysmal odds of winning a real and unscheduled election.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The drones are used as spy planes, this is exactly what they are. Spy planes, this is what the US uses them for and what they were created by the military to do. This is their use. Spying.

To say there is wonderfully good intent to have spy planes, in use over small towns of 2,000 inhabitants as well as larger cities, is to ignore truth.

Ignoring truth, turning a blind eye to all that has been happening in this country for the last 20 years, is what got Americans into this mess to begin with.

Now you have the Patriot Act, NDAA, SOPA and more, with a president in office making near weekly executive orders with the intent of taking away the rights of every American....under guise of innocuous intent.

And you want people to believe on "faith" that spy planes over every American city has innocuous intent? That in itself is laughable!

What exactly would you like to wait for before you decide this has gone far beyond the ridiculous? Lets face it they can arrest librarians for holding a sign now! But that's alright right? Because the intent was "good"

LOL

edit on 20-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

This is not all in the same realms, we are constantly and rapidly going in and out of channels all the time, and we have our own frequencies and yearn for something, that is our next steps. So, not that isn't my realm.

However, seeing all the different events that cover all these frequencies, lifting off, as some of them are, its time to really start to work the grids and heal this planet so she can move on. For there are limits to what is allowed to happen.

Atlantis and the transhumanism and dark matter experiments back then are an example.

We're here alright, but we were never put here to endure a bad idea from the more immature elements of this planet, we were put here to wake up and start to do the right thing, activate and SHINE, you know the way the sun shines the Good Families Soul Light/Love.

So, when to anyone trying to pull others down to their lower frequency matches on this earth zone, NO. Not going to happen. But that doesnt prevent us from shining our light into the darker areas and trying to encourage others pull up.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Look, we've dealt with your insanity on the boards for a long time, Unity. It's just getting worse and worse.

Nothing you are saying makes much sense. You are acting like a 48 year old toddler.

Just think about what you're saying for a second.

You're saying that we're constantly going in and out of realms

That sound like YOU are constantly going in and out of consciousness.

I know your health is poor, but please try your best to refrain from projecting YOUR evils...your misfortune onto the world around you.

There is no higher or lower...there is only your subjective values.

You're totally clouded by these values...they are your chains...they are your evil.

You have chosen your values as a perceived stregth, because you disowned your weaknesses...because you felt the need to do so to continue on in your world.

This is but a strategy you've chosen to maneuver in this world, but it's just YOUR SUBJECTIVE PERSPECTIVE, and not reality.

It just gets old. Please get well

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I definitely agree that there are appropriate uses for drones. The things is, the stuff you're talking about is only what's already happened. Let's not ignore that there is a reasonable concern for the abuse of the power the government's being given.

reply to everyone else

But at the same time, guys, we really have to concede that there are ethically viable applications for UAVs.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

i wouldnt take it so seriously, im an unmanned drone and im completely harmless..

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
what gets me are the number of universities that have been approved to use them. What could a university use a drone for that a standard model they could make wouldn't suffice?

I thought they were for security purposes only.

edit on 21-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

30000 drones are planned but i think there should be a million at least so that all americans can be protected from terrorism and pedophils.this means 1 drone to 30000 americans which is not enough.

300000000 americans protected by a 1000000 drones means 1 drone to every 300 americans.

EVERY AMERICAN WILL HAVE A DRONE ASSIGNED TO THEM TO PROTECT AND MONITOR.

crime will go down and can be stopped by firing lasers to disable/kill the assailant/mugger/drug dealer or blinded by the laser.

by equiping drones with terahertz rays technology which has just matured drones will see through walls using this radar we can stop crime by just looking at a building.

for example a pedo is abusing an innocent child we can see through the wall and stop the crime.

also we can see terrorists assembling bombs by seeing through walls.

we can automate the drone with A.I. to do this automatically.

so by adding terrahertz radar,infrared detectors,a explosive sniffer hardware and A.I.linked to the new center which monitors/stores all communications and linked with TSA and multimode all communication we can stop all crime.

AMERICA WILL BE THE SAFEST COUNTRY.

for example a terrorist is about blow himself up in a crowded mall with innocent children.the drone will detect this and fire a laser through the brain of the terrorist turning it into mush.a second laser will cut his hands off so he can activate the bomb.

the laser will slice/dice the terrorist and his monstrous bomb so he cannot set it off.

a terrorist in a burkha will be detected easily and killed by a drone with a laser.

so i say MARCH for MORE drones and make safe from terroristsm,criminals,pedos and gangs.

WE WANT MORE DRONES.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You guys are so screwed.. I used to look up to the USA as "the place to be".. Now it's more "the place to get as far away from as you can"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join