It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman Tells Trayvon Martin's Parents 'I Am Sorry'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

George Zimmerman Tells Trayvon Martin's Parents 'I Am Sorry'

abcnews.go.com

The exclusive image shows blood trickling down the back of Zimmerman's head from two cuts. It also shows a possible contusion forming on the crown of his head. The original police report that night notes that the back of Zimmerman's head was wet, and that he was bleeding from the nose and head...The person who took the photograph of a bloodied Zimmerman, asking not to be identified, told ABC News exclusively that they did not see the scuffle that night, but did hear it. The person recalled seeing Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and said the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is the photo

that corroborates Mr Zimmermans story that his head was beaten against the pavement. For those people that said that it never happened and that Mr Z was never injured, here is the witness's photo only three minutes after Mr Martin was killed. The next event that we will find out will probably be the forensic evidence that portrays Mr Z's blood on Mr M's hands and body. But we will have to wait and see. All in all, this is a sad event.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry but where did it say that Zimmermann said he was sorry to the parents?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
I'm sorry but where did it say that Zimmermann said he was sorry to the parents?

It says it in the link, its in plain sight.
Did you not click the link?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

it was clearly just a lie to pull people in just to repeat the same things that have been said a hundred times on a hundred different threads. if he put a truthful title up it would be taken straight down because it's been said before too many times on here, it's obviously very important to the OP that we all start think that it was justifiable to shoot a boy armed with a packet of skittles after stalking him round the neighborhood for being black. hopefully the mods will delete the thread for the deceitful title and putting yet another thread up about the same subject.

the fact that its in the link is irrelevant your post is about the cuts yet another post about the cuts.... yawn
edit on 20-4-2012 by glassspider because: saw the op had responded

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by glassspider
if he put a truthful title up it would be taken straight down because it's been said before too many times on here,

- The title is correct. Zimmerman did indeed apologize today. He said he was sorry and he said that he did not know that Martin was 17 (he had thought Martin was 'just a little younger than myself') and he said he did not know if Martin was armed or not. I watched the court proceedings. That is indeed what he said.

- Zimmerman apologizing has NOT been said many times on here. He only just said it a few hours ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

my point was when you open the thread all the OP has written about and quoted is about the cuts on his head this has been discussed over and over again on here. so clearly misleading to repeat the same story. at no point in the OPs statements or quotes from the article does he mention the apology just provides a link then continues to labour the point about the cuts.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

my point was when you open the thread all the OP has written about and quoted is about the cuts on his head this has been discussed over and over again on here. so clearly misleading to repeat the same story. at no point in the OPs statements or quotes from the article does he mention the apology just provides a link then continues to labour the point about the cuts.

Yeah it was a real pain to look for that apology.

"I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said addressing Martin's family directly.
Took me all of 5 seconds. Maybe the OP has an agenda, maybe not, but the link is there, so read away.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In the article in the link. Read much?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

No I didn't I figured it would be IN the thread, not just in the link. Hence why I didn't click the link, because just like in the thread, I figured it wouldn't be there. The title of the thread "Zimmermann to Trayvons Parents 'I am sorry'" is a little misleading. That's all I'm saying...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Breaking Alternative News guidelines state the OP has to quote the title AS WRITTEN, and that they did, why bash the OP for the story linked having that title and following the rules?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yep yep and the prosecution even said today that they did not who who started the fight

which means the second degree is BS the whole thing is BS since the urban legend is Zimmeran gunned down martin like a dog.

Facts don't matter here they are going to lunch the guy.

Sorry for this but it really does suck being him.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

'
Why would I read the article if it's not even in the OP? OBVIOUSLY IT'S IN THE ARTICLE. Thanks everyone for pointing that out, you guys are so helpful! [/sarcasm] The reason I didn't read it was because there was no mention of it so I did not want to further waste my time. And I wont.

I'm out of here

ETA: Not trying to bash the OP here and I apologize if it comes off that way.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wondering why he would say he is sorry if he felt he had to use deadly force cause his life was in danger?

Seems a bit contradictory to me. Just saying.

"I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not,"

Ok, he´s sorry for the loss. But what does that mean, I did not know how old he was, would he not have shot him if he knew he was very young?

I did not know if he was armed or not?

To me it seems he made the decision to shoot because of what might happen, not because his life was in direct danger.

I can imagine how he got to his decision, but to me it seems he is actually trying to justify it because he is not sure himself if it was justified.
edit on 20-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

'
Why would I read the article if it's not even in the OP? OBVIOUSLY IT'S IN THE ARTICLE. Thanks everyone for pointing that out, you guys are so helpful! The reason I didn't read it was because there was no mention of it so I did not want to further waste my time. And I wont.

I'm out of here

Probably best for you anyway. People shouldn't have to spoon feed you the information. The post follows guidelines set out by ATS, so spend 5 minutes of your life reading something before tossing the BS flag.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

i didnt at any point say it was hard to find and even said that I know it is in the link. what i did say is that the OP has put that title up and the thread only talks about the cuts to his head and only quotes bits from the article about the cuts to his head, fine if you don't think that's misleading, i've tried to avoid the obvious blame the victim threads on here but found my self stumbling into this one because of the title. I'm not a mod they can decide if its fine or not, i find it misleading
be well

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Bigfoot12714

it was clearly just a lie to pull people in just to repeat the same things that have been said a hundred times on a hundred different threads. if he put a truthful title up it would be taken straight down because it's been said before too many times on here, it's obviously very important to the OP that we all start think that it was justifiable to shoot a boy armed with a packet of skittles after stalking him round the neighborhood for being black. hopefully the mods will delete the thread for the deceitful title and putting yet another thread up about the same subject.

the fact that its in the link is irrelevant your post is about the cuts yet another post about the cuts.... yawn
edit on 20-4-2012 by glassspider because: saw the op had responded

Are you mad, as a hatter, this was no "kid" as you put it. This was a young adult who attacked a neighborhood watch captain instead of citing his purposes for being in the neighborhood, being unknown to the people of the neighborhood. Mr. Martin thought he would just beat the crap out of Zimmerman for not being black and having the balls to say, "why are you in my neighborhood creeping around this late?" All Martin had to say was, "I'm looking for my dad's house, dickhead!" It would have lead to Martin going to his dad's and Zimmerman recognizing him as no threat to the neighborhood in the future. Zimmerman did what he was expected to do. Martin decided he was going to give his "gansta" response and now we have to bear witness to the fallout of Zimmerman trying to save his own life from a "kid" turned thug who is still being sold as the little future football player that his parents thought of him as. He wasn't the little kid in the football picture, he was bigger than most grown men.
It is terrible that either of them have to be in this story. I hate when I have to hear stories of someone as young as Trayvon losing their life over a bad decision. But, anyone who claims that Zimmerman had meditated actions is just talking to spread hate and discourse among the people. Those are the people we should be hating on. They are tring to make this something it is not. Someone out there is working overtime to make sure this ruffles as many feathers as possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It is straight to the point in the article. READ IT. Black and white, "Zimmerman apologized to Martin's parents"

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Are you mad, as a hatter, this was no "kid" as you put it. This was a young adult who attacked a neighborhood watch captain instead of citing his purposes for being in the neighborhood, being unknown to the people of the neighborhood. Mr. Martin thought he would just beat the crap out of Zimmerman for not being black and having the balls to say, "why are you in my neighborhood creeping around this late?" All Martin had to say was, "I'm looking for my dad's house, dickhead!" It would have lead to Martin going to his dad's and Zimmerman recognizing him as no threat to the neighborhood in the future. Zimmerman did what he was expected to do.

In no way whatsoever is a civilian required to respond to another civilian´s intrusive behavior.

This is why vigilantism is dangerous for all parties involved. I can imagine this was just as threatening to Marvin, even more so than to Zimmerman who was stalking him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join