It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Huge' water resource exists under Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When you think of Africa you propably think of a dry and "desolate" continent, which biggest problems are water or the lack of it.
Well, at least for the northern and western parts, as they mostly consist of desert, dry sand and barren rock with an occasional oasis.

Think again, there is a lot of water....below ground.

And now it's mapped, and allmost "completly untouched".
m.bbc.co.uk...

Scientists say the notoriously dry continent of Africa is sitting on a vast reservoir of groundwater. They argue that the total volume of water in aquifers underground is 100 times the amount found on the surface. The team have produced the most detailed map yet of the scale and potential of this hidden resource.

www.bgs.ac.uk...

Robust quantitative groundwater maps for Africa were developed to highlight areas more likely to be resilient to climate change and also where sufficient groundwater resources may be available to help adaptation. The maps are the first produced for Africa and are underpinned by dedicated case studies and systematic data/literature reviews.

I find this very interesting, it could be the new "blue gold", who is going to get it's hand on it first?

edit on 20-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Who else is gonna try and make the first move?

Imo this is only going to get worse as it seems the war for water is already underway.

I wonder how long has our lovely rulers known about this and what plans are being set

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

Imo this is only going to get worse as it seems the war for water is already underway.

I wonder how long has our lovely rulers known about this and what plans are being set

I would say that Halliburton is already moving their drilling rigs in.

Finding this much water in a part of the world where people regularly starve or die of dehydration sounds like a good way to start a few civil wars. You know maybe restructure a few countries to be more beneficial to the west

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I would say that Halliburton is already moving their drilling rigs in. Finding this much water in a part of the world where people regularly starve or die of dehydration sounds like a good way to start a few civil wars. You know maybe restructure a few countries to be more beneficial to the west
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Agreed.

I was also thinking about the gangleaders/criminals over there. Fresh water is such a needed resource over there, what are going through those minds when they find out it was literally under their noses the entire time....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I would say that Halliburton is already moving their drilling rigs in. Finding this much water in a part of the world where people regularly starve or die of dehydration sounds like a good way to start a few civil wars. You know maybe restructure a few countries to be more beneficial to the west
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Agreed.

I was also thinking about the gangleaders/criminals over there. Fresh water is such a needed resource over there, what are going through those minds when they find out it was literally under their noses the entire time....

This guy knew, but he is no more.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

According to its website, it is the largest underground network of pipes (2820 km) [2] and aqueducts in the world. It consists of more than 1,300 wells, most more than 500 m deep, and supplies 6,500,000 m3 of fresh water per day to the cities of Tripoli, Benghazi, Sirte and elsewhere. The late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi described it as the "Eighth Wonder of the World."[3]

Wow I guess the Colonel really was as bad as bad as Hilliary said he was. Wanting to give all those people clean water? I'm glad we put an end to that (sarcasm)
edit on 20-4-2012 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: gotta add the ing

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Finding this much water in a part of the world where people regularly starve or die of dehydration sounds like a good way to start a few civil wars. You know maybe restructure a few countries to be more beneficial to the west

Africa needs no help from Haliburton or anyone else in wars or genocide. They excel at that on their own.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Africa needs no help from Haliburton or anyone else in wars or genocide. They excel at that on their own.

Neither does the middle east but Halliburton's armor Humvees are still getting shipped over there. I actually saw a fully armored Halliburton MRAP going down the interstate on a semi the other day....

It doesn't matter if they are wanted or needed there. They will go where ever there is a buck to be made off of the resources. And they will do it all in the name of helping the locals.
edit on 20-4-2012 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't know, i am just finding stuff right now, bear with me

www.halliburtonwatch.org...

"We hope Iraq will be the first domino and that Libya and Iran will follow. We don't like being kept out of markets because it gives our competitors an unfair advantage," John Gibson, chief executive of Halliburton's Energy Service Group, told International Oil Daily in an interview in May of 2003.1

Despite these sanctions, Halliburton subsidiary Brown & Root had worked in Libya ever since the 1980s. The company helped construct a system of underground pipes and wells that purportedly are intended to carry water.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
I don't know, i am just finding stuff right now, bear with me

www.halliburtonwatch.org...

"We hope Iraq will be the first domino and that Libya and Iran will follow. We don't like being kept out of markets because it gives our competitors an unfair advantage," John Gibson, chief executive of Halliburton's Energy Service Group, told International Oil Daily in an interview in May of 2003.1

Despite these sanctions, Halliburton subsidiary Brown & Root had worked in Libya ever since the 1980s. The company helped construct a system of underground pipes and wells that purportedly are intended to carry water.

Hmm.... Hillary Clinton and Dick Cheney are friends. The company that Cheney is the former CEO of wants to expand into Libya... As Secretary of State Clinton call for Colonel Gaddafi to be taken down....

I think someone is returning some favors...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
there is more water on this planet than we will ever use.don't let "experts" make you afraid of not having any, along with the other BS they have tried to sell:peak oil (we should have stopped using this as our primary energy 50 years ago) Global warming and Flu vaccinations being necessary.
Man I could go on for hours.
Let Africa have their due.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot

The first move has already been made, and that was removing Quaddafi and taking over Libya. Libya has key access to this water, and everyone knew that Quaddafi would NEVER let the american corporations inside the continent.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Egypt, Libya, Algeria, and The Democratic Congo.

All countries that are going through major political change. Also happen to have according to the maps posted some of the highest amounts of water found. Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I remember hearing stories as a kid when living in Vegas that norther Nevada is also sitting under a huge aquifer of water and there were plans on putting in an aquifer system to channel it down to Vegas and So. Cal. I want to say I saw it mentioned here on ATS as well. Will do a search to see if I can find it.

join