It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thief in the Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Stealthily he climbed up the drainpipe, quietly so as not to make a noise. She lay sleeping in her bed; the windows wide open to let in the cool breeze of the starry night. A light sleeper, she heard the noise which roused her slightly from her slumber.

In the haze of sleep, with only one eye partially open, she saw him climb through her bedroom window. Heart pounding she was afraid to speak or move, for fear of what might happen. Questions speeding through her mind, she wondered, is he going to rape me? Steal from me? Why is he here? What does he want from me?

Pretending sleep, she watched from the partly open eye as he stood at the foot of her bed and looked at her. Then, quietly so as not to make a sound, he turned and she heard the zipper of her bag opening. All the money she had was in that wallet laying toward the top of the bag; she grew bold, knowing her means of sustenance was within... without further thought she yelled HEY! STOP!

Dropping the wallet he quickly disappeared back through the window from which he came. She sat up, heart still pounding, wondering, was it all a dream?

The Thief in our night, in our lives, has come through the window to rob us of all we have. Yet we lay sleeping still. With a voice, one voice, all voices, we can make him run, we can protect all we hold dear. Fear cannot rule us, fear can never become our master, and we can never be fear's slave.

All it takes is a voice, one voice, all voices, devoid of fear, to make the thief go back from whence he came. Are you ready to stand, yelling HEY! STOP! We will take no more!

The thief is among us right now. He wants control over all that sustains life, desirous of silencing the voice of dissidence, he wants mastery over us all.

WAKE UP! This is no dream....

edit on 19-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Very imaginative and with content as well! I f only a voice could be heard to waken the masses. S&F for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You could have a future in erotic writing... just saying...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
People did raise their voices. Loudly, in many cities.

The MSM and general public identified them as a bunch of entitled, spoiled whiners.

I'll take the dream over that disappointing display of support and concern.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I like your thread. I know the feeling. I don't think pretending to sleep makes you better off either. Face your enemies, face your fears. Nothing is beyond your justice when you live righteously.

p.s.
here is some funk for this thread

......and yo kids...and yo wife......lol

edit on 19-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

waiting for the next shoe to drop

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank you for the compliment ajay 59!

and you too FraternitasSaturni (lol, I think) however I have much better (and cleaner) thoughts for my future!

Thanks for the funk BiHotz! and I agree, pretending to sleep never helps, no matter how afraid you are, we must face our fears!

And thank you to everyone for their contribution! Although to the poster chasingbrahman, you may wish to be careful that the dream you are living in doesn't turn into a nightmare! Dreams have a tendency to do this!
edit on 19-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
S&F .. beautifully put

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Star and flag

Good job, you have a talent. Use it well and use it for truth.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I take it u mean Jesus???
u know,, " I come as a thief in the night,, and if u knew the hour u would be prepared,,but only your Father in Heaven, know's that hour that day of "Enough is Enough".
And i tell u verily, that this Generation Shall Not pass,, but they will see all of these things come too pass,, and still they",,

well it goes on from their,,
Sorry wrong guy.

Me.

top topics

join