It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY law would identify buildings with smokers (in your aprtment.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Okay this is a bit too much.

Now they are going to have entire buildings with a no smoking policy?

The point isn't if you agree with smoking. It's how little by little the government is taking away our freedom.

Landlords of buildings with three or more units would have to inform prospective tenants and purchasers whether smoking was allowed in apartments and on balconies, as well as in common outdoor areas like rooftops.

Bloomberg is one of America's most prominent anti-smoking campaigners, extending a smoking ban from offices, bars and restaurants to parks and beaches.

It's about choice. Our choice not theirs.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Non smoking buildings are nothing uncommon i don't think. We have them all over the place here. It sometimes doesn't stop people anyways. My last apartment was a no smoking building. I see it all the time when looking around at other apartments. "Non-smoking"

Rules it out, since i smoke. But i just smoke outside anyways. As long as you have a balcony, then you're fine.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

soon- even your balconey wont even be safe.

Bunch of nazis these people are.

FREEDOM- they have forgotten the meaning of that word long ago.

I say " **** em "

::lights up::

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I can understand some indoor smoking policies, due to the people who prefer a smoke free environment. But based on how I am, and how I've always been, if I'm outside, and I want a cigarette... I'm going to have one. I'll smoke anywhere, but I'm a smoker, so it just doesn't bother me.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If the person who owns the building wants it to be smoke free, it should be that person's choice. If they choose to allow smokers, that should also be their choice. It is also the choice of anyone who want's to rent, or not, based on what ever policy the owner sets forth. The government can get the hell out of our personal choices.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by AzureSky

soon- even your balconey wont even be safe.

Bunch of nazis these people are.

FREEDOM- they have forgotten the meaning of that word long ago.

I say " **** em "

::lights up::

Exactly.

It almost makes you want to start smoking just to piss 'em off.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I can understand people not wanting it being blown in their faces,
I try my best not to do that when im smoking on the sidewalk outside of work. (I blow up, i even hide my cigarette when children walk by, and will hold the smoke until someone passes)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I can understand people not wanting it being blown in their faces,
I try my best not to do that when im smoking on the sidewalk outside of work. (I blow up, i even hide my cigarette when children walk by, and will hold the smoke until someone passes)

new topics

top topics

join