It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Secret Service agents out in prostitution scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nope, I am not shocked. Are you? I am certain that so much of this goes on, that once and a while, they "throw us a bone" and roll a few heads and throw up a headline.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Yes, it's plausible deny-ability... Did you notice how they "resigned"? Isn't it great how the ones in or connected to power have such luxuries? The whole system is a big joke! And the laugh is at our expense!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Devil's advocate Post:

I read about this earlier today but how big of a deal is this really? They didn't appear to be on the clock but it was in their off time. Then it was not on US soil but in Colombia. Prostitution is legal in parts of Colombia (I just looked that up).

It would be like going to Belgium, doing something that is legal there but not here, and then getting fired by your boss.

That seems fair enough, IMO. I wouldn't except the agents to be arrested or jailed but they could lose their jobs (which looks like is happening).

Nothing that major, in my humblest of opinions. As in, they seem to be getting treated like any other employee who could do such a thing while on their off time but on a 'company' trip.

(Apologies if I have any factual errors in this post. This wasn't exactly a topic I was going to spend too much time on researching lol).

?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You are right to a point, however, these are not average joes out for a holiday! They are there on tax payer money! Also they hold/held positions of power/authority! If they told you to move for whatever reason you would have to comply or they could/would use FORCE!

As they are/were in such a position they need to be held up to a higher degree of scrutiny! Just like politicians should be! However we all know what happens there!

It's like in the UK a copper can get done for whatever reason and then be "allowed" to quit! With no blemish on their record! They can even then re-apply at another station! That's how they roll!

Ok this situation is slightly different if they were out of the country, but please do not pretend that they don't act the same here! And don't pretend that they wouldn't get away with it all the same! How many times have you heard these guys getting sent to prison? Is it because they are saints? pfft!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Interesting numerology links:

It was originally 11 secret service and 9 military (see any familiar numbers?) but it has since been changed to 10 military.

Of the 11 secret service (SS if anyone is paying attention) 3 are now dismissed (3 is another sacred occult number). Again see any familiar numbers?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is probably more about distancing themselves from people who will be villanized in the media by the right wingers. Than it is about any actual wrongdoing.

Did the guys do anything wrong?
I don't know. Unless something specific comes up in the investigation the point is debatable.
Prostitution is legal over there.
If anything the one guy is liable for not paying for services rendered.

And this sort of thing probably goes on all the time.
I'll bet you more than 1 republican has used a colombian prostitute over the years.

And don't feel bad for the secret service guys. I'll bet they got to resign and keep their pensions in tact.
Along with an early retirement.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

They are the Secret Service performing setup presidential security. By any definition they are on duty 24/7 for the entirety of the trip. The fact that they were with prostitutes is immaterial. The fact that they were in their hotel rooms with unvetted security risks is the real issue. And you can be assured that any Secret Service agent involved in this will be out of a job. All that being said I applaud both parties for not trying to make a partisan issue out of this and instead investigating whether this is a systemic problem with the Secret Service.

top topics

join