It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythology & Legends: True or False?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

upload.wikimedia.org...

upload.wikimedia.org...

hummmmmmmmm.

edit on 2-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: those $@^%&*@$$ links the first time wouldn't work.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

upload.wikimedia.org...

upload.wikimedia.org...

hummmmmmmmm.

edit on 2-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: those $@^%&*@$$ links the first time wouldn't work.

I like where you are going with this!

Now, why does Uranus spin on its side, unlike any other planet in our solar system?

en.wikipedia.org...

Like the other giant planets, Uranus has a ring system, a magnetosphere, and numerous moons. The Uranian system has a unique configuration among the planets because its axis of rotation is tilted sideways, nearly into the plane of its revolution about the Sun. Its north and south poles therefore lie where most other planets have their equators.[17] In 1986, images from Voyager 2 showed Uranus as a virtually featureless planet in visible light without the cloud bands or storms associated with the other giants.[17] Terrestrial observers have seen signs of seasonal change and increased weather activity in recent years as Uranus approached its equinox. The wind speeds on Uranus can reach 250 meters per second (900 km/h, 560 mph).[18]
Contents

Oh and just for good measure since we are talking planets here I should throw in some great "mythos" about celestial discovery.

Phobos&Deimos
en.wikipedia.org...

Phobos was discovered by astronomer Asaph Hall on August 18, 1877, at the United States Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., at about 09:14 Greenwich Mean Time (contemporary sources, using the pre-1925 astronomical convention that began the day at noon, give the time of discovery as August 17 at 16:06 Washington mean time).[8][9][10] Hall also discovered Deimos, Mars's other moon, on August 12, 1877 at about 07:48 UTC. The names, originally spelled Phobus and Deimus respectively, were suggested by Henry Madan (1838–1901), Science Master of Eton, based on Book XV of the Iliad, in which the god Ares summons Dread (Deimos) and Fear (Phobos).[11][12]

en.wikipedia.org...

Deimos was discovered by Asaph Hall, Sr. at the United States Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C on August 12, 1877, at about 07:48 UTC (given in contemporary sources as "August 11 14:40" Washington mean time, using an astronomical convention of beginning a day at noon, so 12 hours must be added to get the actual local mean time).[7][8][9][10] Hall also discovered Phobos on August 18, 1877, at about 09:14 GMT, after deliberately searching for Martian moons.

The names, at first spelled Phobus and Deimus, were suggested by Henry Madan (1838–1901),[6] Science Master of Eton, from Book XV of the Iliad, where Ares (the Roman god Mars) summons Dread (Deimos) and Fear (Phobos).[11]

Why these two names? Fear and Dread . . .

Gulliver's Travels
en.wikipedia.org...

adsabs.harvard.edu... (seriously, a MUST READ)

Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World, in Four Parts. By Lemuel Gulliver, First a Surgeon, and then a Captain of Several Ships, better known simply as Gulliver's Travels (1726, amended 1735), is a novel by Irish writer and clergyman Jonathan Swift (also known as Dean Swift[1]) that is both a satire on human nature and a parody of the "travellers' tales" literary sub-genre. It is Swift's best known full-length work, and a classic of English literature.

The book became popular as soon as it was published (John Gay wrote in a 1726 letter to Swift that "It is universally read, from the cabinet council to the nursery"[2]); since then, it has never been out of print.

Okay 1726 almost an exact prediction of two moons is being made in a fantasy tale . . .

Then confirmed in 1877 to be highly accurate in its description of orbits. . . and whatnots.

Huuummmm? Maybe someone should go back to the connections of Aleister Crowley, Jack Parsons, L Ron Hubbard, and that masonic picture taken on the moon.

Just saying.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

www.theoi.com...

Ovid, Metamorphoses 1. 624 ff (trans. Melville) (Roman epic C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :
"Juppiter [Zeus] [in his seduction of the Naias Io] had fore-sensed his spouse's [Hera's] visit and transformed poor Inachis [Io] into a sleek white heifer (lovely still although a cow). Saturnia [Hera], against her will, admired the creature and asked whose she was, and whence she came and to what herd belonged, pretending not to know the truth. He lied--‘The earth had brought her forth’--so to deflect questions about her birth. Then Saturnia [Hera] begged the heifer as a gift. What should he do? Too cruel to give his darling! Not to give--suspicious; shame persuades but love dissuades. Love would have won; but then--if he refused his wife (his sister too) so slight a gift, a cow, it well might seem no cow at all!

Notice another name for Hera is Saturnia

www.merriam-webster.com...

Origin of SATURNIA
NL, fr. L, daughter of the Roman god Saturn (epithet of the goddess Juno), fr. fem. of saturnius of Saturn, fr. Saturnus Saturn

Juno
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_(mythology)

Juno (Latin pronunciation: [ˈjuːnoː]) is an ancient Roman goddess, the protector and special counselor of the state. She is a daughter of Saturn and sister (but also the wife) of the chief god Jupiter and the mother of Mars and Vulcan. Juno also looked after the women of Rome.[1] Her Greek equivalent is Hera. As the patron goddess of Rome and the Roman Empire she was called Regina ("queen") and, together with Jupiter and Minerva, was worshipped as a triad on the Capitol (Juno Capitolina) in Rome.

Juno's own warlike aspect among the Romans is apparent in her attire. She often appeared sitting pictured with a peacock[2] armed and wearing a goatskin cloak. The traditional depiction of this warlike aspect was assimilated from the Greek goddess Athena, whose goatskin was called the 'aegis'.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

That is awesomely spunky spectacular!

I take it you must teach or research cosmology for a living.

You should have your own blog posting that sort of material.

Much appreciate the lecture. You could charge speaking fees, seriously!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The more I study and learn, the more I want to throwit all away, for what does that matter even, the way its coded. The artificial props of an artifical holographic school.

Some think this is hell and are very wrong, for really there is no hell par sae, well, there is a kind of place people go to correct or transform, and there are many lower frequency channels that are less free than here, so souls could loose ground and end up being harmed by bullies, until their thought processes change.

But its more, infinite channels and places even, this universe, other universes, Beyond universes, Beyond the Beyonds, infinity like infinite fractions all at once.

"there are many homes in my Father's paradise."

Where are we vibrating at?

When I see systems, clusters, or stars, even pictures of other spiral galaxies or other places, I don't think what astrological significance they have (even if the configurations could lend to a stargate opening), or what confrontations occur between different areas, ie oppositions, to influence our thoughtscapes.

I have a psi skill that kicks in from to time, www.leylijnen.com...
clairolfaction

When I see picturs of the stars or even under them, I smell the planets around them, the earth, water, plants. I feel life in abundance and get confused when I see some spirals. I know there are children (who I love and just want to hug and greet and feel like a mom or big sister too, maybe they're my big sisters or brothers even but that is still the feeling) going to school, playing, and also, when I saw andromeda once, the room spun around and I got really confused, and said, "what, wait, where am I? why am I here?" But don't feel andromedan, wonder what will be shown on that veiwing screen for past life times.

But, each day, I feel everyone is called to deprogram everythign they might have picked up, because its all out there, vying for our attention, as if our attention is primarily needed.

Our thoughts are being hijacked here, to create?

And so, hodling the Love, the Compassion for others, growth in any area, ie letting go or moving beyond weaknesses, and also gaining in abilities, those things need to be retained, but the rest needs to be set aside and going to God/Goodness/Source and Hgher Self each night and asking for all irrelevant and negative programs to be dissolved to only take the positive with us each day, is very good.

Also, I see it like this, our souls shards/orbs or whatever name we give, our essence, this is but a part of our infinite whole consciousness, and again that is but a part of another infinite whole, and so we can think of our souls as aspects of the Creator.

Only thing is they are hjacked by so many thoughts, and time line manipulations even, maybe our job is to polish those orbs up till they shine and let Source shine through the world in us, maybe we need to clean up our act, here, more.

Astrology interests me but there are no gods there for me, for what is a god? Is one planet one thing? Or, is one planet a community under a demiurge? Is the demiurge a bully then? Wouldn't that make him/her smaller than the most loving small soul under him/her?

I mean it doesnt make sense to me, except during a CME I had contact with a council that was very positive and encouraging, and it was as if the walls buckled and became so fake. All around me was a set, or stage props, sort of like a 3D board game or pop up picture book, and then I sensed I was there too, looking, interacting in this board school. But we are bigger fields than the universe around us.

And what are stars? When I decided that the big planet star I call venus was a craft and spoke out loud, with my son there, a short while ago, it kept vanishing everytime I said "ufo", and then it came back, really vibrant rich deep cobalt blue and my son shouted in amazement, and vanished, and then came back again that blue.

Its like we're in a board game, with everyone looking in on us, we think they're stars and such, but are they?

How much of our history and myths are just programs to indoctrinate as well? Since something is vying for our minds and thoughts.

If we're in this artificial construct school with beings, cities and realms looking in we call stars and planets, how do they line up? How do they form constructs or oppositons?

What is movement even?
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You give me far too much credit.

I am simply a sales associate for a major retailer who enjoys researching oddities.

LoL, but you could say I do charge speaking fees

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have always believed that myths and legends have some basis in a real event, but our ancestors couldn't understand everything they saw so they told the story from how they explained/understand it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chevy369

Exactly! Magic (for exemple), might have been advanced technology that ancient humans didn't understand.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This will be a highly valuable resource for you if you decide to get more serious in your studies.

Secrets In Plain Sight
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video is posted in another thread, but I have read a bit of the associated literature and find it highlights much of what this thread has touched on so far.

Note the use of 33 (I have a thread on this with several speculations that I have yet to fully flesh out, too many variables right now);

Solomon ruled for 33 years
Nasa uses runway 33 to launch/land all these spacecraft
JFK assassinated right near 33rd parallel
33rd parallel Battle of Los Angeles
33rd parallel Roswell sightings
33 degrees to Scottish Freemasonry

But these are questions for another day I only post them as beacons/ bread crumbs to act as landmarks.

Now, who is the goddess Columbia and what is she associated with?
Maybe a Freeman perspective could be useful here?

Freeman ~ Columbia; Illuminati Goddess (not his best presentation, but good info here)

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction

edit on 3-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: woops

PS

Newton was hit on the head with an apple?
Cut an apple in half and there is a five pointed star inside the circle of the apple. The five pointed star in a circle is found in magic and alchemy as the pentagram (or pentagon
). So, what is the pentagram associated with ? (Venus is one).

Now Oh did you know he measured the freezing and boiling temperatures of water from 0- 33 degrees?

does that give you a whole new insight into Newton being hit on the head with an apple?
Head/3rd Eye & Apple/Pentagram symbolism . . . what is next?

edit on 3-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: You tell me

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

You give me far too much credit.

I am simply a sales associate for a major retailer who enjoys researching oddities.

LoL, but you could say I do charge speaking fees

At any rate you're good. Defiantly as a sales associate you are way under employed. Great research and tying everything in together.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I appreciate the added follow up content.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
PS On the added content.

I really enjoy the history of the "royal arts." Although Dan Brown is too, and I am a fan of his books to a certain extent, I think he could had done more with his books. Instead of writing conspiracy books he could had written about how people have found their way through a system of persecution in the middle ages for instance by learning royal art symbolism. I just think it would had made a better premise. Dan Brown writes a bit sensationally silly for my taste.

edit on 3-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You know, my brother too became to wonder if stars were not in fact crafts. Not the old ones, but perhaps the younger ones, the ones colonized.
I have a little bit of difficulty to keep up, but i believe that you may be on something.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Dan Brown is most likely trying to make us accept the Illuminati ideals.
His Da Vinci Code is proudly talking about the Prieuré of Sion (Sion=Zionist, Protocols of the Elders of Sion) having the real truth and no one else, which is exactly what the Zionist/Illuminati is wanting us to believe. They want us to lose faith in everything else but them.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

Dan Brown is most likely trying to make us accept the Illuminati ideals.
His Da Vinci Code is proudly talking about the Prieuré of Sion (Sion=Zionist, Protocols of the Elders of Sion) having the real truth and no one else, which is exactly what the Zionist/Illuminati is wanting us to believe. They want us to lose faith in everything else but them.

I''l respond by being up front about what I truly believe, no sensational "I want you to think I believe xyz" shtick involved because I want to have a fun entertaining conversation with someone.

I believe that what is referred to as the "Illuminati" were pro democracy intellectuals who live during the 1700's in Western Europe. Their main aim was to overthrow royal systems and replace them with intellectual governing bodies. Here is your Illuminati. en.wikipedia.org... There are still groups like them today of what they were really about during their inception. The Muslim brotherhood is a modern example. However they want political change for the purposes of installing theocracies or systems of government that appear to be democracies on the outside but are actually theocracies from within and behind closed doors.

In America we had the same thing with Freemasons controlling politics from and behind closed doors within trying to replace religious morals with what they saw as more logical secular morals until the age of oil where people such as John D. Rockefeller said, "I'm taking over now," and he did for the most part. Today big international oil run things. They control the FED because they fiance it. They own hedge fund managers who invest their money like the Rothschild-s and other investment banking families did for the royals for generations. Their morals and dogma only count now, their gospel, the book of negative liberty. en.wikipedia.org... Because they own the bank, currency itself. notes that are IOUs made out to them, not to us as the "buy gold now because the FED supposedly prints money out of thin air and the dollar will collapse" macro economic ignorant crowd preach.

Dan Brown could have done more with his fictional tale. He didn't. He could had made a fun tale like the Goonies, but an adult version where maybe someone for instance in the middle age escaped across Europe from kingdom to kingdom through deciphering royal art symbols along an epic journey. Instead he wanted to dwell on the paranoia and fantasies of an ignorant audience about world history.

The world is not about a moral nor an intellectual struggle, it's about money.

That is explicitly: It's not an Illuminati world out there anymore, not even a Freemason world, it's a big oil world out their, and they own it all, you me everything. Because they own the oil, and that means they own the bank. Modern central banking cannot function without oil continuously priming its liquidity. You can't just print money because you then have run away inflation. You have to account for at least 98% of its value in something before it is injected into the economy. That's oil revenue deposits in the FED's member banks. That's Enterprise!

Not Lady Columbia, you and I. We don't matter anymore unless you are Charles and David Koch for instance.

Jews don't run the world, Freemasons don't run the world. Oil men do. None of them are Jewish, and I doubt very much any of them are Freemasons who preach civic duty and the gospel of positive liberty 24/7 among their membership.

Most oil men are either Anglo and Arab, and they own your wallet outright. You are just borrowing it from them.

Dan Brown ought to try telling that story... And then watch his credit dry up and the credit of anyone else who does business with him which is probably why he wouldn't dare tell such a frank and truthful story. The story of money and how it's really made. Not the lies taught in the documentary "Money Masters" and the like.

I'm Bob and I tell it how it really is with NO BULL

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of the illuminati card game?

Did you know that he is a self proclaimed magician (Steve Jackson)?

Illuminationline was the server name, guess who hosted (online) George Bush's campaign? IlluminatiOnline

No, it is not oil men who run anything.

Have you ever viewed the "Don't Taze Me Bro" video from Kerry vs. Bush?

Go back and listen and you will hear a familiar secret society mentioned . . .

Hint: It is the same symbol placed on Rat (Hmmm Mickey Mouse) poison

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Wow!

Great find!
And yes, oil man don't run everything. There is a nobility above everything, even above oil companies.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It’s amazing how the gods gathered the Gemini and the cancer to accomplish this thread as to bringing the

Truly amazing!

The greatest sign to live in the future. In addition, the greatest sign to live in the present, complete opposites
Gathered on a thread that will lead to
edit on 19-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

...the revelation to the world that the Universe is really just an old 8-track.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Time of course is the 2.bp.blogspot.com... 8 track player.

Just insert a universe into time and it will play over and over again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join