It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like a shelter?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm waiting on my neighbors to get home to ask them. Btw, that wasn't the first video I took. Here's the first one. And, I don't see a face or anything moving. I took these in HD, but they aren't showing up in HD on youtube.

Turn you volume down cause the lawnmower is loud.

edit on 17-4-2012 by virraszto because: fixed video

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
It's not on my property. At the end of my property is state owned wetlands. I can't see much with the bino's because of all the branches in the way. I'm going to ask my neighbors if they know about it first. No one around me has any kids that would build something like that.
edit on 17-4-2012 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

We haven't heard anything from you for almost an hour. I hope your OK.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Make the video public please.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Leave a trail of Reese's pieces and see if he eats them.

Seriously, I would go back with some of my friends and call out to him. You know "anybody home?" lol.

It's kind of a shabby little shelter, so I'm guessing a homeless person. Take him a cheeseburger.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Am I missing something? What is the big deal here?

Two pages of "be careful" and "call the cops" for a guy in a shelter on land that is not even your land?

Is everyone here ten years old or something?

Either get on with your life (maybe find a hobby?) or go and investigate. This is not some kind of massive mystery. If it's a shelter there's a human being involved here and you should show some respect.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Many don't want others to go off the grid.
They want them to get a job so they can pay taxes to help support the government the rich depend upon.
Then, with more people forced to live in the system, will help the rich more since it will drive the supply of cheap labor up even more.
They do not really believe in survival of the fittest unless it benefits them.

I support anyone going off the grid, especially on wooded public land so that not one red cent goes to the government and their cronies.

Originally posted by sarra1833
Im confused.

People on here talk about getting off the grid and making shelters to survive: and everyone on here just basically told the guy to beware, shelterperson could be dangerous - burn it down, call the cops.....

It's going to be horrendous for those living off the grid or when TSHTF, isn't it? Everyone's going to be calling the cops (The very people we want to get away from, no less) on fellow humans wanting to do the same thing we want to - live off the grid and have a safer life.

Nope. Burn it down! Call the cops!

:C I'm so ashamed.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You aren't missing anything. I wanted to get an opinion on whether this looked like some kind of shelter, or if it was just garbage that was dumped. It may not be on my property, but it's state owned land, and it's close enough to my property to be a little concerned.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Looks like a Bigfoot shelter

Do you ever hear sounds like this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You aren't missing anything. I wanted to get an opinion on whether this looked like some kind of shelter, or if it was just garbage that was dumped. It may not be on my property, but it's state owned land, and it's close enough to my property to be a little concerned.

I live with my property backed up to national forests...sometimes fools, drinking and shooting guns at anything that moves...set up makeshift camps in the woods to party....

My neighbors had a horse shot. I have livestock too. I always call the Rangers and report them. If someone wants to go off the grid, and many do up here in the mountains, they can move way deep in the woods...not on my property line.

I agree the OP has reason to be concerned. His home is a break-in away from what he found.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
do you live in moonshine territory? potentially an old boy scout project(dont they go on state land adventures?) or something else it is kinda hard to see through the branches? do you ever have paintballers or airsofters they often make improvised fortifications for the battles they have (look for 6mm bbs or paint balls)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Looks like a shelter to me. Probably one a homeless guy or someone down on his luck constructed to get out of the elements a little. But your dogs likely wouldn't be barking unless there was some kind of activity there. Now that could be a raccoon, etc or a person. What I'm saying it is could be old, or currently in use.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Oh my God grow a pair and go see what it is !! You should be ashamed to post this in the way you did.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac573

Oh my God grow a pair and go see what it is !! You should be ashamed to post this in the way you did.

YEA, and if it is a shelter have a heart man. One mans garbage is another mans food.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac573

Just hope the guy isn't on the run and wanted by the police first.

If he is, expect to have a weapon drawn on you.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It looks like a makeshift deer blind to me.

Another thought; If that is plywood on it, some one went to an awful lot of trouble dragging all
the plywood out there.

I certainly don't believe a Bigfoot would include sheets of plywood in building a shelter.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Looks like a shelter, and if they built it just off your property then it is someone with either knowledge of the property lines or there may be property markers. Either way it would imply this person/persons who built this have some level of intelligence so as not to put it on a person's property that could take them out and be justified.

My first thought is it looks like a makeshift shelter that folks use when they are on a "grow" for pot plants. You say you are near federal owned land and that is where a lot of the growers like to do it because the area covered is mostly large and hard to get to so they can grow with natural tree/foliage cover and as long as it is off a beaten path they have very little concerns over forestry service finding them. Even better because the local police don't have jurisdiction and the land is likely very sparsely patrolled if at all.

This doesn't appear to be someone's End of the World shelter....more of a makeshift like I stated before, solely for temporary use while they are waiting for the grow to finish.

Check your local news and see if there have been any pot fields found lately, or since it is federal/government land, call the forestry service and report it and have them check it out.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Scary out-of-place-lean-to of DOOM, meth lab of DEATH, or just something some kids threw together for a clubhouse?

Whatever it is, o m g, be careful man! It's clearly nefarious.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along.You say you back onto wetlands.
Dude you got beaver's !

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Nothing to see here, move along.You say you back onto wetlands.
Dude you got beaver's !

I think it's amazing those beavers have grown opposable thumbs in order to lift that plywood to the roof....

Must be something in the water.....

Des

edit on 18-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So. You were planning on asking your neighbor if they knew anything about it. Did you? Could you please provide an update on the neighbor's response, or anything else you might have done? Some of us are way too interested and nosy for their own good.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join