It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true Identity of Satan the Destroyer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Shiva is the Great Destroyer

Someone I know told me that the hindu trinity, Brahma + Vishnu + Maheshwara.....
happens to be the "creator + operator + destroyer".

....and yes, "Maheshwara" is another name for "Shiva".

In fact there was another post on ATS which pretty much reflects what you are saying....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not saying that I subscribe to this particular view, but I thought I'd just point out that somebody else had this thought before.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by stupid girl

I've never heard of a ratio pertaning to fallen entities versus heavenly entities other than the 1/3 referenced in the Bible.

yes, thats the ratio, 2/3 angels, 1/3 fallen ones. princes of the 5th heaven ? interesting. is it the same with the circles or realms of hell ? how many are there ? i once heard, a soul has to go through 9 heavenly realms to come to god. do you know more ?

The semantics regarding realms, and the like, begins to wade too deep into dogma in my experience.

If you seek understanding with your heart in the right place, you will find it when you are ready to properly receive it.
That is how we got in this mess in the first place.....seeking knowledge we were not yet prepared to understand.

I have found that the path leading you away from the Truth is wide and eager for your attention.
Even with spiritual discernment, it is easy for someone to waste time delving into nonsense, or at the very least, something that may be true, but is distracting you from what is more important.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Good thread,

S&F

John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. "

the Satan is the ultimate thief, really. He steals every last stinkin humans life from them, eventually. Good thing no matter what the malevolent force does, it can never separate us from the Eternal Omnibenevolent Source.

Well it just ocurred to me simply, by what his name means "the Destroyer" and then i started thinking about death and it clicked into place.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Shiva is the Great Destroyer; remover of obstacles; obliteration. Satan is not. Death is not the great destroyer either, for death does not destroy. Satan is more like a trickster; his intent isn't to destroy, but rather to fool man into destroying himself.
Death is transition, not destruction.

Death does too destroy. You ever seen someone thats been dead a few days climb out of the frigde and start talking? Death is the destroyer and he reaps everything that doesn't have the blood of the Passover Lamb on it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Pffft.. I thought you guys were making a thread about my mother-in-law...

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
To Wiccans, Pagans, and Atheists the concepts of Satan and Hell are but stretches of ego fed imaginations ripe with religious imaginary. The Early Church needed a powerful enemy, so they created one, and convinced people to believe in it. Still to this day, people believe in, and support Satan, and Satan's chief supporters and loudest cheering section is the Christians. They sure talk about it enough.
Satan makes his first appearance in the Creation Story of Genesis.
I have never been able to follow the logic that God sent Satan to Earth specifically to tempt humankind and see how they would respond, or react. I ask you, as a Father, or Mother, would you take your two-year-old child and put him or her in a cage with a lion just to see how he or she would respond? That would obviously be irresponsible; the child would be no match for the lion. God wouldn’t do that to us, and he didn’t do that to Adam and Eve, or to anyone else.

Now I am more than aware that Fundamentalist Christians love to link Wiccans/Pagans with Satan. I have read a great many books and articles written by Fundamentalist Christians who castigated Paganism as "Satanic". Of course I learned that such books are complete fictions. Other than references to Satan in holy books such as the Bible and the Qur’an, there is no evidence for the existence of Satan. Significantly, precursors to Satan can be found in much earlier mythological works. The Greek God Poseidon, for example, is famous for carrying a trident, a widely accepted Satanic accessory. Hades, lord of the underworld in Greek mythology, also displays some of the characteristics associated with Satan. Most notably, his realm is beneath the Earth and includes the pit of Tartarus, reserved for souls of the damned, much akin to the Christian concept of Hell, where Satan is held to reside.

These considerations suggest that the idea of Satan – though not wholly copied from earlier mythologies – evolved out of earlier gods, such as Poseidon, Hades, Anubis, and Pluto.

In reality, Satan is needed as much as God is needed. Balance in Everything. Right now the whole world is very out of balance, in a Spiritual way. Most only provide energy through prayer and belief in an all male Godhead, a Patriarchal religious sense. The Feminine Divine is not only left out, those who believe in and follow a Goddess are called "Satanists", and "Devil Worshipers". An unbalanced Earth cannot stand for much longer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join