It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true Identity of Satan the Destroyer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This thread was sparked by my desire to delve into just what Satan is. The word "Satan" is not a name, it is a title and it basically means "the Destroyer". Now ask yourselves, what is the ultimate destroyer? What lays all living things low in the world? The answer is Death. Death kills everything that lives on this planet and he even reaps trees and plants, fish, animals and people. Satan is an Angel, a Fallen Angel yes, but still an Angel. He is the Angel of Death. This correlation came to me while replying to another post and talking about the symbolism between the Passover Lamb and Yeshua the Messiah and how the blood of the Passover Lamb prevented the Angel of Death (Satan the Destroyer) from reaping the firstborn of Israel so that he could only claim the firstborn of Egypt (he didn't distinguish between man, woman, child or even animal, he took them all). This is the link between judaism and chritianity in terms of the Angel of Death and Satan. When Yeshua's blood covers you when you accept him as King and Savior the Angel of Death no longer has hold over you, the Passover Lamb has been applied to you spiritually and physically and unless he has the King's permission Death cannot take you. Within the constraints of the Holy Bible Death is soley defined as death because of the penalty one incurs by being enslaved to it and Yeshua frees you from being a slave to death.

The penalty of death was incured by the Adam and the Eve, the progenitors when they failed the test God set before them. They failed the test of faith he set in front of them which was to obey his word, and he gave them free choice so that they could choose of their own accord their own destiny. They were given the choice between choosing pre-incarnate Yeshua (Eternal life the Tree of Life) or choosing Death (Satan the Destroyer, the Tree of Knowledge). They chose poorly and the stain of death was cast onto the human race and murder, lying, stealing, hate, anger and jealousy entered the world (amoung many other things) and this was the original sin. If you asked a jew what the definition of sin is they would automatically tell you "disobedience of God's laws" and the penalty for sin is death, specifically eternal (spiritual) death although in the past in judaism sin was punishable by physical death as well and this was adopted by Islam and in many countries under Sharia Law is still applied to this day(usually to nonmuslim who do not believe their religion or to women or those who choose to convert to another religion and become branded "apostates").

A peculiar mantle ("idra"—according to Levy, "Neuhebr. Wörterb." i. 32, a sword) belongs to the equipment of the angel of death (Eccl. R. iv. 7). The angel of death takes on the particular form which will best serve his purpose; e.g., he appears to a scholar in the form of a beggar imploring pity (M. Ḳ. 28a). "When pestilence rages in the town, walk not in the middle of the street, because the angel of death [i.e., pestilence] strides there; if peace reigns in the town, walk not on the edges of the road. When pestilence rages in the town, go not alone to the synagogue, because there the angel of death stores his tools. If the dogs howl, the angel of death has entered the city; if they make sport, the prophet Elijah has come" (B. Ḳ. 60b). The "destroyer" ("saṭan ha-mashḥit") in the daily prayer is the angel of death (Ber. 16b). Midr. Ma'ase Torah (compare Jellinek, "B. H." ii. 98) says: "There are six angels of death: Gabriel over kings; Ḳapẓiel over youths; Mashbir over animals; Mashḥit over children; Af and Ḥemah over man and beast."

Source

Satan is the Angel of Death described in this excerpt, by contrast Elijah is a representation of Yeshua (Enochwasright knows this correlation between Christ and Elijah).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I thought Abaddon was The Destroyer? (Rev 9:7-11)

Abaddon and Satan are not the same entities.

Satan is The Accuser. (Rev 12:10)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So who would you say Lucifer is then(Hebrew word that refers to the Day Star or Morning Star)? Are they the same entity in your opinion?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Good thread,

S&F

John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. "

the Satan is the ultimate thief, really. He steals every last stinkin humans life from them, eventually. Good thing no matter what the malevolent force does, it can never separate us from the Eternal Omnibenevolent Source.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Abbadon, The thief, the destroyer, the Satan, the accuser, the enemy, the devil, belial, beelzebub,

doesn't matter what name you put on it, it's the same fallen malevolent being we're discussing
edit on 4/17/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I always thought that the beef between God and Lucifer should remain
between them. So adam and eve choose death that's their business.
Every person I have met always wanted to be right with G-d.
Buttt noooo they gotta drag us all in their beef for being born.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ever hear about the whole Nero Ceasar = 666 thing? Pretty interesting. I listened to this podcast last night,explains it pretty well.
Its a really cool podcast too if you are into Roman History.

thehistoryofrome.typepad.com...

edit on 17-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit-cool thread by the way.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I would suppose that Adam and Eve opened the door to The Destroyer in this realm when they chose to partake of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, thus making way for death to exist?

Rambling...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"I would suppose that Adam and Eve opened the door to The Destroyer in this realm when they chose to partake of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, thus making way for death to exist?"

Of course they chose to partake of the Tree of the Knowledge, why would they want to remain stupid Monkeys! Another point would be how did they know that they wanted knowledge, this implies reasoning in the first place, does it not?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

To my knowledge, Abaddon is supposed to be a demon. Or at the most, one of the 200 fallen angels.

Satan was supposed to be one of the covering cherubs of the mercy seat of God.

I don't believe that any of the 200 fallen were of the rank of cherub.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Adam and eve had to know death. Atleast the animal's died. They had to know because they were warned. Plus Satan was already
There with them.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Where the fallen angels not supposed to be Watchers?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I don't believe that Adam and Eve were ignorant or stupid.
Many people stop at "The Tree of Knowledge..." and leave off the remaining, "of Good and Evil."

I think the point of their choice was that they chose to doubt God and His timeline of revelation to His creation.
It never says that God didn't intend to reveal knowledge to His creation, it only says that He gave them a choice at that particular point in their evolution.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Or at the most, one of the 200 fallen angels.

is this the story, where michael battled lucifer ? where did you get the number 200 from ? i am asking, because i heard there is a ratio 2:1 for angels and demons. so the total number of these beings would be 600 total.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Where the fallen angels not supposed to be Watchers?

Yes, I believe this is addressed in the Book of Enoch.

Watchers were also referred to as Grigori.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It all just a rehash of the Sumerian creation ideology. Im not saying it all hogwash but interpretation seems almost impossible. Have you read the Emerald Tablets of Thoth? Theres some good stuff about the tree of life in there.
edit on 17-4-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Book of Enoch.

200 angels, known as Grigori, referred to as the Watchers and/or princes of the 5th heaven.

I've never heard of a ratio pertaning to fallen entities versus heavenly entities other than the 1/3 referenced in the Bible.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've never heard of a ratio pertaning to fallen entities versus heavenly entities other than the 1/3 referenced in the Bible.

yes, thats the ratio, 2/3 angels, 1/3 fallen ones. princes of the 5th heaven ? interesting. is it the same with the circles or realms of hell ? how many are there ? i once heard, a soul has to go through 9 heavenly realms to come to god. do you know more ?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Heaven and Hell are figments of the human imagination and make believe places. This much as the Michaelangelo Painting of the Creation shows via artistic imagery on the ceiling of a Vatican Church.

In this spiritual make believe world of allegorical speaking Hell is driven by Satan and Heaven via Angels of Benevolent thought / God.

Satan is about distortion of the truth and exploitation causing wars and death. It is the distroyer god of the OT, Yahwah the volcanic associated god of Jethro and Moses. Thus, the god of death and lord of the underworld. It is the hot volcanic underworld where things burn forever, and essence of Hell Fire and Damnation Preaching.

Heaven is about truth and the higher thoughts of humans to serve each other, after the corrections of Jesus.

The Essene/Jesus sought Heaven on Earth, not some place in the sky. The way to get there ---> Truth.

As long as there is the concept for greater good and lesser good, there shall exist the concept of heaven and hell. One can't exist without the other.

edit on 17-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Co-existance

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Shiva is the Great Destroyer; remover of obstacles; obliteration. Satan is not. Death is not the great destroyer either, for death does not destroy. Satan is more like a trickster; his intent isn't to destroy, but rather to fool man into destroying himself.
Death is transition, not destruction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join