It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Addict Confesses 15 Procedures in 16 Years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by getreadyalready

The biggest problem in this country and world is that everyone has to know everything and meddle with other peoples personal lives when they have no reason to do so because it does not affect them. I dont think its right but I have known people in this situation and trust me the child was better off not coming into life. It isnt like they are really alive anyway they are potential lives but cannot think feel see smell etc. The point is its the individuals decision not other peoples.

Which individual? The child? Father? Grand-parents? Doctors? Or just the Mothers?

I agree with you on the meddling, and the nanny-state laws, and government intrusion into our lives, but this is a little bit different. Personally, I don't see any difference between 1 abortion and 15 abortions. If 1 is ok, then 15 or 100 is ok.

I don't think they should ever be ok, but if they are going to be legal, then we need to get rid of the extra penalties for injuring a pregnant woman, and we need to be allowing stem cell research, and we need to get rid of child support enforcement laws, because the women had every choice to abort the baby, and the father shouldn't be financially liable for a choice that wasn't his to make.

Like I said, personally, I am against abortion, but if we are going to allow it, lets make sure all the related laws make sense too!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I knew a girl who had 5 abortions in 5 years. Her family was anti-abortion so she claimed she was raped in every case. Her family was OK with the abortions, since it was rape. Nobody ever tried to find the rapist, as he never existed. This girl was an egomaniac and her family had terrible values.

1 rape, debateable... 2+ rapes, CHANGE YOUR FUC**NG LIFESTYLE!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Maybe this woman has mental illness.Why not just have a hysterectomy,and be done with it? Not normal.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

When you consider how hard Americans couples have to work to adopt a child, there is no reason for any abortions being done in America.

If we had orphanages full of kids looking for families maybe, but we don't. We have American families going overseas to adopt because there are no kids available in America.

Abortion as birth control is a mental illness.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Im all for stem cells. But lets face it Im a full time parent and I dont have half the responsibility my S.O. has. I feed the baby play with her change her diapers bath her etc and it still cant even compare to what my S.O. goes through to take care of the child. And thats with me home all day after getting hurt at work 3 months ago. And alot of these women dont have a soul to help them I could not even imagine how they stay sane. So really the father having a choice in it is not an equal responsibility so the choice should remain with the one who is going to be the main caretaker.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I can't imagine being a single parent. It is difficult having 2 kids, with a great wife, 2 good incomes, 2 sets of grand-parents, and health insurance! If it is this difficult for us, it is beyond imagination for those with nobody to help them.

Still hard to be empathetic though, because it takes a whole 5 seconds at the beginning of sex, or 1/2 second at the end of sex to avoid getting pregnant on the man's side. And it takes a whopping 1 second per day for a female to pop a pill to avoid getting pregnant. If someone does get pregnant, it is ridiculous to claim it "was an accident." This isn't the middle ages, people know exactly what gets them pregnant, and it is very easy to have just as much fun and still avoid the conception. That is why I have no empathy for father's that complain when they have to pay child support, and that, combined with the relative ease of abortions is why I have no empathy for women complaining because they don't get their child support.

Not to brag, but out of many 1000s of *cough* experiences, I have yet to have any "accidents." My wife and I don't use birth control of any type, and we have two intentional children, and we have never had any accidents nor abortions.
It is ridiculous to me that people can act so irresponsibly and then blame someone else? And this is my wife, we'd be fine with another child, there are no drastic repercussions, we trust each other, we aren't going anywhere, and we can afford to feed and cloth them. Even with those circumstances, we are still able to be careful, so surely someone in dire straits, during a random encounter, can manage to be careful?

Gotta go back to work now, this issue starts getting me angry.
I worked in child support enforcement for years, my wife still works there. I have friends and family working in school systems, and in child protective services, and this whole dam subject just makes me want to drive around doling out smacks back to reality.
edit on 17-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
[mor

I hear you I just dont feel its my place to decide whether someone makes a choice in that department and I dont feel these women should be demonized for what they choose. If they can live with it it shouldnt matter to the rest of the world. I mean some people go so far as to say that wearing a condom is just as bad but we dont get all up in arms about people who choose to wear them. Yes people make poor decisions but that is exactly why they have these clinics bc people do choose to not think about the ramifications of their actions or have had some things come up after deciding to get pregnant that make them decide bringing a child into the world is not a good Idea. And atleast these children arent being thrown into trashcans after they are born so mama can go get her a rock

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

GMTA

Perhaps there should be a law.. first 2 times is understandable.. a third and you get sterilized since you've obviously got some issues.

thats exactly what I was going to say

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by earthdude
I knew a girl who had 5 abortions in 5 years. Her family was anti-abortion so she claimed she was raped in every case. Her family was OK with the abortions, since it was rape. Nobody ever tried to find the rapist, as he never existed. This girl was an egomaniac and her family had terrible values.

1 rape, debateable... 2+ rapes, CHANGE YOUR FUC**NG LIFESTYLE!

I wanted to ask her why she kept on going jogging in her super short shorts when she kept getting grabbed and raped. One would think she would give up jogging for awhile.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Raped 5 times by different guys in 5 years? Rapes like that aren't that common. I don't want to sound insensitive but the girl was probably lying.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I've been there too, more than once, and some girls do scream. It depends on the girl and the amount of discomfort she can tolerate.

You have a right to your opinion as I do to mine, but to accuse me of exaggeration is uncalled for, whether you are a mod or not. You being there one time and seeing one girl go through it does not an expert make.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are worse things to be addicted to, at least she wasn't increasing the surplus population.

Derek

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by earthdude

Raped 5 times by different guys in 5 years? Rapes like that aren't that common. I don't want to sound insensitive but the girl was probably lying.

Yes, I said the rapist did not exist. My point was that her family could bring themselves to do an act they deemed immoral by using a lie. In my opinion a woman can have as many abortions as she wants, but I don't have to like her.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
There are all sorts of weird addictions, you just need to google it.
There's a show on it "My strange addiction" or something like that.

People eat cigarette buts, ashes, metal, glass, laxatives
Sex, Money, Drugs
Food, Coffee, Sleep
Shopping, Exercising, Tanning
Plastic surgery
Internet, Games.

You name it. Someone somewhere is addicted to it.

I'll also make a note: Who are people here on ATS to judge? You know addictions control right? And that most people who have said addictions cannot completely control it. Its a mental issue. Abortion addiction is really messed up and strange, but its like any other addiction.
edit on 17/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Yeah, who are we to judge a persons actions...even when they make it public.
I mean, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, they were just addicts.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

I've been there too, more than once, and some girls do scream. It depends on the girl and the amount of discomfort she can tolerate.

You have a right to your opinion as I do to mine, but to accuse me of exaggeration is uncalled for, whether you are a mod or not. You being there one time and seeing one girl go through it does not an expert make.

I said pretty much the same thing. And I'm not a Mod anymore for the record, LOL! You know you wrote your post to evoke some emotional response, so it was indeed exaggerated somewhat. It can be technically accurate, and still exaggerated. Abortion clinics in the poor areas of town are still as humane and painless as possible, and there is not a bunch of screaming and crying from the people coming or going. In almost all cases they give more than just a Xanax and a local anesthetic, although it is extremely rare to be put all the way out. In fact, I've never heard of anyone, no matter how much they spent being entirely unconscious during the procedure. This would require a lot more equipment, anesthesiologists, and emergency protocol that most clinics are not set up to provide.

You made your post into a class disparity post, but that is honestly a tiny piece of the abortion problem puzzle. If there is a class disparity, it is in the form of unprotected sex and social acceptance of unwed mothers. It isn't in the abortion clinic, it is in the bedroom.

And for the record, what I recounted was a personal experience, but it doesn't speak to my technical expertise. That is a different subject, and one which I don't like to disclose too much information, but I can and have been considered an expert depending on the questions asked.
edit on 17-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would not call this an addiction to abortion, it is more a case of 'too stupid to use a condom'.

There is a difference.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why the big fuss over this? This poor woman is probably depressed, when she shouldn't be. The demonization of abortions by pro-life and conservatives is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Because shes claiming to be addicted to abortions

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why the big fuss over this? This poor woman is probably depressed, when she shouldn't be. The demonization of abortions by pro-life and conservatives is ridiculous.

How do you feel about her now getting rich off writing a book and doing the talk show circuit? Is it socially acceptable to have 15 abortions, and then claim depression or addiction, and then write a book and get rich off of that terrible decision making?

What if I crash 30+ automobiles, spend time in and out of ER rooms, cause friends of mine to have surgeries and life-long pain, and then I just claim it was an addiction, and I write a book and get rich from the suffering I have caused? What if it is 15 DUI's? Is there something that should cause moral outrage, or is everything explainable, acceptable, and to each their own, even if they make a career out of it?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, 15 abortions in 16 years. To say she has the moral values of a jackal makes the poor little jackal look bad. They can't help what they are..but she sure can.

I have a suggestion for procedure number #16...and it should have come a dozen procedures ago. Forced, TOTAL and irreversible sterilization. Yes indeed... If she can't refrain from making babies to dispose of, society can remove her ability to ever make a baby again...and it SHOULD.

A couple abortions are mistakes. More than one really is bad judgement and immaturity. 15? Thats nor bad judgement, that's criminal in my mind..and the fact the woman still walks free is a problem in my mind.

There are a few things that clearly distinguish a human being from our animal companions in this world. Our ability to control and manage our instincts and mating desires are chief among them. She stands as the exception to the rule and while I wouldn't use her case to restrict ANYONE ELSE...I would damn sure make the mother of all examples out of HER.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join