It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Addict Confesses 15 Procedures in 16 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Abortion Addict Confesses 15 Procedures in 16 Years

abcnews.go.com< br />

Irene Vilar worries that her self-described "abortion addiction" will be misunderstood, twisted by the pro-life movement to deny women the right to choose.

Her book, "Impossible Motherhood," which will be released by Other Press on Oct. 6, chronicles her own dark choices: 15 abortions in 16 years, much of it as a married woman.

As press on the book has begun to leak out, Vilar -- a literary agent and editor --- says she has already sensed "an inkling of hatred.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I so hope this is a lie. As accessible as birth control is, this would be ridiculous, if true. I won't even argue pro-life or pro-choice; why would you willingly subject your body to that?

I never heard of such a thing, I find it hard to believe.

abcnews.go.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It looks like all the other news, and lots of books.

Propaganda.

Most women would have been fixed by then.

No one who is sane is addicted to abortions, they are not pain free by any stretch of the imagination. Most women in the clinic scream.

So there is something wrong with this situation, woman and book. Its agenda, and I would even go so far as to be suspicious that someone who has done this over and over is a M'Kultra Satanic ritual slave. And this is like child sacrifice to their group.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I hope this is a lie too. If not, the situation is too sad for words. I get tired of hearing that women are using abortions as a form of birth control. I would imagine that (no matter if you are pro life or pro choice) this would/should disgust you. I can only shake my head at this...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If this is indeed true, I am disgusted.

Being addicted to abortions?? This is sick beyond words.

Everyday my hope in the human race dwindle a little more.

vvv

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There are all sorts of weird addictions, you just need to google it.
There's a show on it "My strange addiction" or something like that.

People eat cigarette buts, ashes, metal, glass, laxatives
Sex, Money, Drugs
Food, Coffee, Sleep
Shopping, Exercising, Tanning
Plastic surgery
Internet, Games.

You name it. Someone somewhere is addicted to it.

I'll also make a note: Who are people here on ATS to judge? You know addictions control right? And that most people who have said addictions cannot completely control it. Its a mental issue. Abortion addiction is really messed up and strange, but its like any other addiction.
edit on 17/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
There are all sorts of weird addictions, you just need to google it.
There's a show on it "My strange addiction" or something like that.

People eat cigarette buts, ashes, metal, glass, laxatives
Sex, Money, Drugs
Food, Coffee, Sleep
Shopping, Exercising, Tanning
Plastic surgery
Internet, Games.

You name it. Someone somewhere is addicted to it.

I'll also make a note: Who are people here on ATS to judge? You know addictions control right? And that most people who have said addictions cannot completely control it. Its a mental issue. Abortion addiction is really messed up and strange, but its like any other addiction.
edit on 17/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

I think the outright judging comes from the fact that this particular addiction has led to the loss of several lives. An addict to other things generally just creates mental, economic, and yes (at times) physical havoc in the lives of those who choose to stick around for it. There are exceptions as usual though to every rule.

Nobody is denying that this woman has an issue at all...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
.... Most women in the clinic scream.

They are aneasthised during the procedure and are still groggy afterwards for several hours. The screams wouldn't be from pain but the emotional element. But I get your point.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Its definitely a problem, i see that. I think she needs some professional mental help to get around that kind of addiction. Or to just use birth control so she doesn't have to subject her body to an abortion, which can be devastating to a womans reproductive organs.

But, This also depends on your stance on abortion. some people say life starts at conception, some say after the forming of the pineal gland, some say when it exits the womb entirely. Depends on your stance.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

You are right on both accounts. It does indeed depend on how one views when life actually starts. I also agree that she needs help. If doctors were aware of this, they should have stepped in and got her the help she obviously needs.

No matter what side one stands on, this is extreme. No telling how much harm she has done to her body during all these procedures. A sad situation on all accounts.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I see this as her being more 'addicted to irresponsible sex' than being addicted to abortions. I dunno...there's certainly weird addictions out there, but I find this one kind of hard to believe. That'd be like me saying I was addicted to colonoscopies!

I mean...I can't imagine abortions are much fun.....More likely than not, she just doesn't like sex with condoms, and won't be bothered to use birth control......Sigh...It's people like her that make pro-choicers like me look bad!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Perhaps there should be a law.. first 2 times is understandable.. a third and you get sterilized since you've obviously got some issues.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have heard of some crazy things but how can you be 'addicted' to killing babies?

I don't even want to open up a big can of worms.....this is one debate I will cower away from. Being a man I have learned not to try to tell a woman what she should or shouldn't do with her body. For all of you younger men out there just trust me on this one!
I'm not that old but I've made the mistake once or twice and barely escaped with both of my balls!

Honestly though I don't think many sane people would defend this woman. Why doesn't she just get fixed? Obviously she's broken.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Some people are 'addicted' to the attention received during medical procedures and/or the pain killers and relaxers that are given. I forget what the psychology term is called ... when people fake being sick to get attention and/or make themselves sick to get attention. This could be part of that mental health problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Unfortunately, I don't think it is a lie. I worked in a medical unit and as part of a pre employment questionnaire, it was asked how many pregnancy's you had and how many live births (this was 20 years ago so it would probably not be asked today). A 26 year old had 9 abortions over 7 years, she was quite open about the fact and admitted she was "sloppy" with contraception and saw no problems with what she was doing. The Dr had serious misgiving about passing her medically fit and explained that while there was no evidence that termination had any effect on your future ability to bear children, repeated gynecological procedures of any nature could effect fertility.

As a pro choice woman I find it unbelievable that any female with half a brain cannot be bothered to find a better method of contraception than abortion, abortion should be seen as a last choice resort. She may be a "Dr" and hold a degree but this woman is seriously deluded if she thinks that either her body or her mind will not be effected by her behavior.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I never thought of this aspect before, but what if someone gets an actual rush out of an abortion? What if it is a safe and legal way to get the same thrill of killing as a serial killer would get? I'm not saying all abortions would be for that reason, but for a socio or psychopath they might find some elation in the act and then seek to do it again and again to get that same elation.

Pretty sick and sad concept.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ive wondered for a long time how the mind works when it comes to this. I used to know a woman, name Christina. I hear of her now but do not speak to her, at that time, as of I'd say 3 years ago, she had 10 abortions in under 5 years.

I went with a friend to the city because she was about to terminate her pregnancy, I didnt agree, but it wasnt my body, I was just going so she wouldnt go alone. While waiting in a full waiting room 7am on a Saturday morning Christina comes rolling in smiling ear to ear. My friend and I already knew of 2 abortions she had so we just looked at each other for a moment like really?!?! The 3 of us start talking and she says it was her first time at that particular clinic because the clinic she would normally go to get her abortions finally refused her saying they will no longer be able to do that procedure on her because the limit was exceeded. Blew my mind away, I had no idea you can have that many much less continue getting them with a smile on your face.

Whats even worse, the number of woman who terminate at such a late stage, the rooms are full of them too. 2 day procedures.....I just dont get it

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Maybe someone should clue her in on this pharmaceutical invention we have called "The Birth Control Pill."

It costs about $15 a month, which I'm sure is hella cheaper than carving up your insides once a year.

I don't know though, because that would require "responsible behavior", and we can't be starting all that kind of nonsense.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Some people are 'addicted' to the attention received during medical procedures and/or the pain killers and relaxers that are given. I forget what the psychology term is called ... when people fake being sick to get attention and/or make themselves sick to get attention. This could be part of that mental health problem.

Munchausen's? Probably.

Why not just donate your eggs to people that need them though?
Mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by majel42

There are still medical questionnaires that inquire as to how many pregnancies you've had and how many live births.

Most OBGYN's have that on their patient med info charts and I know that all hospitals ask that if you are there for delivery services.

Delivery services....lolz....
sounds like ordering pizza or Chinese food.

How about: "All hospitals ask that if you are there for birthing yo'self a baby..."

Birthing babies sounds much better than delivery services, IMHO...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join