It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just want to know if you truly understand this:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As far as many many humans are concerned, we have a soul. We have an afterlife. We have out of body experiences. We are one with the universe. We have a purpose. We have been chosen. Blah, blah, blah.

Do people really REALLY understand just how tiny and insignifcant we are when compared to the vast universe? Of the billions and billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars and planets, and we are significant?
Come onnnn!

If our planet is like a grain of sand in a desert, then what does that make us humans? If we do have a role to play in the great scheme of things, then by comparison, that role is less important than a termite fart.

I mean, really, we are sooo tiny in this universe. We aren't even microscopic. If a god is looking over us in this infinite universe I can see him looking away for just a second, and then saying, "Crap, I lost them! Where are they?!"

Can you even fathom that if there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, they might not even know that our galaxy exists, much less know that WE exist. That's how infinitesimal we are.

We started on this road of enlightenment when we figured out that we are not the center of the universe. Then we discovered that we are way out in left field in our own galaxy, and that ours is not the only galaxy. Just how important can people think we humans are when our own planet couldn't quailify as a subatomic particle if all the material in the universe was clumped together.

We are truly nothing. Zip. Zero. Zilch. We need to accept it, and get over it.

And now I'm slipping into my body armor and jumping into a concrete bunker. Let the bashing begin!

edit on 4/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Think globally, act locally.

Think universally, act worldly.

The rate in which innovation and enlightenment is changing our abilities to have an effect on all that is, is increasing at such a rate that old paradigms such as the one you carry will soon be mute.

Can you fathom that?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
reply to post by jiggerj

The rate in which innovation and enlightenment is changing our abilities to have an effect on all that is, is increasing at such a rate that old paradigms such as the one you carry will soon be mute.

Can you fathom that?

Why, yes I can.... All right, no I can't. What're you saying?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

yes but to ourselves and mediate surroundings and relations, we are the most important thing that exists,,

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
But we are the individual points that the universal consciousness chose to manifest and experience individuality through. To say we are insignificant because we "seem" to be so tiny in the universe misses the point entirely. First of all size is a physical aspect is is rather meaningless since all things physical will disintegrate at some point.

Why couldn't our consciousnesses inhabit a pin head as easily as a planet? If we are all part of the whole we are not insignificant we are we are helping move the whole forward through our individual experiences.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

Can you fathom that?

I'm saying, that any insignificance that you are trying to apply to the role of humanity in the 'large' scope of things, may be correct. But is subject to change...

Our ability to have a significant role, as to the possible relationships in the universe(physically and communication between plausible other intelligent lifeforms) is very real. This will only become more of a reality over time.

To think globally and to act locally, should be easily understood... and destroys any notion of the significance of an individual, as the individual is the construct of the masses.

To think Universally, and act Globally falls along the same notion... That what we do as a collective(humanity) will and plausibly already does have an effect on those other intelligent lifeforms. For their very witnessing of our actions, brings forth thought, rational thinking and critical thinking that inevitably will influence their actions.

Just imagine the rate in which the ability to computationally process information...
Now think about the rate in which we are able to be enlightened through increased communication...
Well, from this processing information, and increased communication... Innovation will ultimately be influenced. Well one logical assumption in regards to humanity and innovation, is that we will be addressing space travel. Which then gives premise to the notion that we will have an increasingly significant role in the universe.

Like I implied before... your paradigm may be mostly correct, but to assume that it will always be this way is faulty(in my opinion). That is why I said that your paradigm will one day be mute.

As to when, I don't know... I'm guessing 100-200 years before we truly have a 'significant' role, but just on the basis of quantum mechanics/computing and the increase in knowledge of the field(studies, findings, and so forth) over the past 6 months alone should set precedent as to the plausibility of this happening much sooner than most people may realize.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Since when has the size of the physical universe anything to do with souls? An infinitely big Universe (And maybe Multiverse) seems exactly what is needed for endless souls to keep experiencing new things.

I never said anything about being special either. We are just as special and important as all the other souls in existence.

Maybe some think we humans are special, but that thought doesn't belong in spirituality anyway...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The only place where size equals value and significance is at Costco and Sam's Club.

That kind of measure isn't relevant in reality. Stars don't think. Planets don't ponder the nature of reality. Open space is vast, but it's pretty much a non-actor in the game of dynamic existence.

Your point of view is pretty interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
we are helping move the whole forward through our individual experiences.

Really? You honestly believe that our individual experiences in this universe, or even in the great unknown scheme of things has any importance whatsoever? I mean, really?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

But we are the individual points that the universal consciousness chose to manifest and experience individuality through. To say we are insignificant because we "seem" to be so tiny in the universe misses the point entirely. First of all size is a physical aspect is is rather meaningless since all things physical will disintegrate at some point.

Why couldn't our consciousnesses inhabit a pin head as easily as a planet? If we are all part of the whole we are not insignificant we are we are helping move the whole forward through our individual experiences.

Heck, what I feel makes us significant is the fact that we are basically a vessel of a complex composition comprised mainly of light photons; but we actually can and do mesh with our surroundings in a conscious manner.

Just because the vessel decomposes and dies off, as far as ashes and dust goes, these light particles don't stop meshing.

IMHO

LIGHT PRODUCTION Light, like any other electromagnetic radiation, results from either an accelerating electric charge or a nuclear fusion or fission reaction. In nuclear reactions, a PHOTON is created in the same manner as other elemental partial products of the reaction. With the exception of sunlight and starlight, however, light usually is the result of changes in the electronic structure of atoms and molecules as they absorb and readmit energy.

edit on (4/16/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

But we are the individual points that the universal consciousness chose to manifest

The universal consciousness (if there were such thing) dribbled a few organisms on this grain of sand in the vast cosmos, and that makes us the chosen ones? Do you really and honestly believe this?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Can you fathom that?

I'm saying, that any insignificance that you are trying to apply to the role of humanity in the 'large' scope of things, may be correct. But is subject to change...

Our ability to have a significant role, as to the possible relationships in the universe(physically and communication between plausible other intelligent lifeforms) is very real. This will only become more of a reality over time.

To think globally and to act locally, should be easily understood... and destroys any notion of the significance of an individual, as the individual is the construct of the masses.

To think Universally, and act Globally falls along the same notion... That what we do as a collective(humanity) will and plausibly already does have an effect on those other intelligent lifeforms. For their very witnessing of our actions, brings forth thought, rational thinking and critical thinking that inevitably will influence their actions.

Just imagine the rate in which the ability to computationally process information...
Now think about the rate in which we are able to be enlightened through increased communication...
Well, from this processing information, and increased communication... Innovation will ultimately be influenced. Well one logical assumption in regards to humanity and innovation, is that we will be addressing space travel. Which then gives premise to the notion that we will have an increasingly significant role in the universe.

Like I implied before... your paradigm may be mostly correct, but to assume that it will always be this way is faulty(in my opinion). That is why I said that your paradigm will one day be mute.

As to when, I don't know... I'm guessing 100-200 years before we truly have a 'significant' role, but just on the basis of quantum mechanics/computing and the increase in knowledge of the field(studies, findings, and so forth) over the past 6 months alone should set precedent as to the plausibility of this happening much sooner than most people may realize.

Wow, I had to give you a star for that. Easy to understand, and yet, deep. My only argument with it is, when I read this part: "Well one logical assumption in regards to humanity and innovation, is that we will be addressing space travel. Which then gives premise to the notion that we will have an increasingly significant role in the universe." I pictured tiny fruit flies zipping around a bunch of oranges.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

But we are the individual points that the universal consciousness chose to manifest

The universal consciousness (if there were such thing) dribbled a few organisms on this grain of sand in the vast cosmos, and that makes us the chosen ones? Do you really and honestly believe this?

Is it just me, or is your Avatar almost too fitting!?

Jokes aside...

In my opinion... we are the chosen ones, other intelligences are the chosen ones, we have all been chosen to take this experience and mold our souls as to see that they become eternal in relation to influencing the future.

For clarification...

Please identify or define what 'Soul' is... there are so many different versions of this, that it's almost impossible to have this conversation with out doing so.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Can you fathom that?

Wow, I had to give you a star for that. Easy to understand, and yet, deep. My only argument with it is, when I read this part: "Well one logical assumption in regards to humanity and innovation, is that we will be addressing space travel. Which then gives premise to the notion that we will have an increasingly significant role in the universe." I pictured tiny fruit flies zipping around a bunch of oranges.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
The only place where size equals value and significance is at Costco and Sam's Club.

That kind of measure isn't relevant in reality. Stars don't think. Planets don't ponder the nature of reality. Open space is vast, but it's pretty much a non-actor in the game of dynamic existence.

If size and value don't matter, then what does human intelligence have to do with anything. We are able to think deep thoughts. Okay, so what?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't care what the rest of the universe thinks is important. Hell, the rest of this universe isn't important to me. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of this mess can go blow itself. I mean, seriously, why do I have to be pestered with what anything or anyone else thinks is significant?

Because some guy on a messageboard told me I have to see things that way? Ha!

What I'm interested in is what lies ahead for me, and the size and scale of the universe has absolutely nothing at all to do with that. Nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Heck, what I feel makes us significant is the fact that we are basically a vessel of a complex composition comprised mainly of light photons; but we actually can and do mesh with our surroundings in a conscious manner.

Just because the vessel decomposes and dies off, as far as ashes and dust goes, these light particles don't stop meshing.

IMHO

LIGHT PRODUCTION Light, like any other electromagnetic radiation, results from either an accelerating electric charge or a nuclear fusion or fission reaction. In nuclear reactions, a PHOTON is created in the same manner as other elemental partial products of the reaction. With the exception of sunlight and starlight, however, light usually is the result of changes in the electronic structure of atoms and molecules as they absorb and readmit energy.

edit on (4/16/1212 by loveguy because:

Ya know, I've always had this question, but never asked: Are we made of light? I don't mean in a metaphysical sense. Our bodies, and the trees and water,,,are they made of light?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If size and value don't matter, then what does human intelligence have to do with anything. We are able to think deep thoughts. Okay, so what?

You go ahead and sh*t all over yourself if it makes you feel brilliant. Enjoy. I've done a sh*tload of due diligence in my effort to logically establish what can be known about the impact of "thinking deep thoughts", and your ignorance in this matter means nothing to what is and isn't concerning the value and significance of anything that exists. It's out of your hands and it's out of my hands. It is what it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't care what the rest of the universe thinks is important. Hell, the rest of this universe isn't important to me. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of this mess can go blow itself. I mean, seriously, why do I have to be pestered with what anything or anyone else thinks is significant?

Because some guy on a messageboard told me I have to see things that way? Ha!

What I'm interested in is what lies ahead for me, and the size and scale of the universe has absolutely nothing at all to do with that. Nothing at all.

What the...?

Size and scale has nothing to do with our future? Don't let Einstein know that you just tossed out all notions of frame of reference, and the significance in which it implies. What lies ahead of you is a construct of the very notion of time, scale, and size... HAHAHAHA

Who's telling you 'have to' see anything in any way?
If someone tells me that I have to see something a certain way, that by no means registers as an absolute. Most people aren't that impressionable after maturity...

Ahhh man... sometimes, I swear ATS!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Is it just me, or is your Avatar almost too fitting!?

Slap a gray beard on him, and that's me. Grumpy, but lovable

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join