It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just want to know if you truly understand this:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by jiggerj

Ya know, I've always had this question, but never asked: Are we made of light? I don't mean in a metaphysical sense. Our bodies, and the trees and water,,,are they made of light?

Everything is a by-product of fusion/fission;
structure of atom

It was later realized the only thing that can produce gold is a super nova.

I can only represent my thoughts, b/c I don't actually know anything about it really. But yeah, I'd say that we are by-products of light. Or daughters if we use nuclear physics lingo.

Another example of my question is: If energy = mass times the speed of light, wouldn't that also suggest that Mass = energy divided by the speed of light?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
We used to use science to learn how the universe worked. To day we use science with the goal of being able to run the universe.

We humans used to live with and of nature; to day humans just want to control nature.

There is nothing natural about our way of life.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree more. The moment we walked away from nature is the moment we became an abomination to nature.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
You are using importance to define importance which is really redundant.

No, I'm using importance and significance to define what mankind thinks of itself. The religious believe that we humans are god's chosen ones. That god gave US authority over all other living things. That a god gave US creatures a soul. Why? Because we are worthy. We are intelligent. And this god created everything just for us. I'm not buying one bit of it.

Mankind thinks it plays an important role on earth and in the universe. We have value. We are destined for the stars. We believe we belong there. Our minds are powerful, to the point where we can have out of body experiences. We can see paradise through near death experiences. Our ability to formulate thought will on after the flesh dies.

I don't think so. And, if you don't agree with me I'm gonna get out my voodoo doll and BOY are you gonna hurt!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Infinite Presence requires an unlimited number of "finites" over eternal time inside of infinite space to achieve It's intent.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Maybe there are beings out there that believe that microscopic beings are of MORE significance than larger ones.

That would be wonderful! Unfortunately, mankind is not one of those beings.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If God is the infinity of limitless possibility, then there is no limit too large. That also implies no limit to small. From the numbered hairs on your head to the largest Sun, God knows (and IS) every atom. Complete awareness and complete presence. There is no defect like a limit we could imagine by our own limited perspective. Our awareness expands as our understanding expands. God is the measure of what is known or can be known. He is the benchmark. We are merely a degree behind. That degree is the same "Great Chasm" that separated the rich man from Lazarus. We manage this degree by faith and growth toward God. We are ever-rising to the infinity. Consult this post. LINK

Luke 16

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

God separates the light from the darkness. It's a continual process. We are charged with the same task while among the temporal living. It's a choice between each side of infinity. We move from multiplicity to unity by experience.

edit on 16-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
one drop of water is very insignificant as well as one grain of sand. what they have in common is being connected and together they make the ocean and the Sahara desert.

Well, there you go! If we did have a purpose in the overall scheme of things, our role is sooo miniscule that we would be that one drop of water in the ocean.

How do you rate which drop is significant and which one isn't? You can still take out one drop and claim its insignificance. That does not take away the grand scheme of things. In the grand scheme of things, we are here to play a part. We may not know it yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I got a deep field image by hubble that shows our early universe. It's a speck of a speck in our sky and yet it's filled with galaxies like pebbles on a creek bed. That's what it reminds me of.

I'm letting it slowly digest. Every point of light there is a galaxy with billions and billions of planets.

But maybe it's just a clever illusion. Do those places really exist? I'm not sure.
edit on 17-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Since we are quantitatively less than a "termite fart" in the "grand scheme" of things, thats what makes we humans insignificant...?? Hey, even this universe we are apart of started out really small, and according to your reasoning, insignificant.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No, I'm using importance and significance to define what mankind thinks of itself. The religious believe that we humans are god's chosen ones. That god gave US authority over all other living things. That a god gave US creatures a soul. Why? Because we are worthy. We are intelligent. And this god created everything just for us. I'm not buying one bit of it.

Mankind thinks it plays an important role on earth and in the universe. We have value. We are destined for the stars. We believe we belong there. Our minds are powerful, to the point where we can have out of body experiences. We can see paradise through near death experiences. Our ability to formulate thought will on after the flesh dies.

I don't think so. And, if you don't agree with me I'm gonna get out my voodoo doll and BOY are you gonna hurt!

Yeah I agree with you. I really don't like such egotistic beliefs myself. There is no reason that a God that created all beings would love us more than all of the other creation. That doesn't make sense and that is how you can tell that such belief systems were created by humans, especially the ones that have God being a human.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by spy66

what is natural, and what isnt?

That is a very good question. We have come so far of track that we dont know what the hell we are doing. But it should be common sense that everyone should know that our way of life is very unnatural.

We treat this world as if it was all about us and our needs. We have taken ownership over everything. We have taken it upon us to run this world according to our standard. We rule against nature and not with nature.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The universe is a hologram, and one tiny sliver contains a mirror of the whole, every person is the universe within and without and that goes for every atom too.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Ya know, I've always had this question, but never asked: Are we made of light? I don't mean in a metaphysical sense. Our bodies, and the trees and water,,,are they made of light?

Everything is a by-product of fusion/fission;
structure of atom

It was later realized the only thing that can produce gold is a super nova.

I can only represent my thoughts, b/c I don't actually know anything about it really. But yeah, I'd say that we are by-products of light. Or daughters if we use nuclear physics lingo.

Another example of my question is: If energy = mass times the speed of light, wouldn't that also suggest that Mass = energy divided by the speed of light?

It's actually....E=MC..Squared

I was like you....then certain...Realities were shown to me...and nothing that is based on Religion and one of these things was an experience. I am a HUGE SKEPTIC....I still am to an extent for I know there is more things involved in not just one reality. It is impossible to describe...and some of it I am not allowed to describe.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You believe you are tiny and insignificant because that is what science tells you. Science works on things that can be seen and known but leaves out the other aspect of this life experience, the seer and knower, awareness.

Please tell me, how could this 'universe' appear without a seer of it?
edit on 17-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The first thought I had reading your post was...
One mans trash is another mans treasure

Then you made me laugh, so for that you get a beautiful star and an equally beautiful flag

I understand you are feeling small, but you are so much more and perfect just the way you are.

Much love and hugs to you xx
Amanda

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Because you lack information and base all you assumptions on the theory of a GOD. What if we all have a soul group of between 10 and 30 people/souls, what if we are born from A source one of many, what if we choose to come to earth with our soul group and experience life and death in a contain environment because we cannot experience such thing at home aka the other side. What if I told you iv seen it? you would not believe it or take any of this information in....an one day will remember you have done this a million times before and maybe even remember this post in your life review, and go doh!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
we are helping move the whole forward through our individual experiences.

Really? You honestly believe that our individual experiences in this universe, or even in the great unknown scheme of things has any importance whatsoever? I mean, really?

They have to, even on some level. Even a tiny bump in the road, a tiny ripple in a still pool is still felt and seen.

It's easy to get lost in the grand scope of things, and yes, perhaps beings with millions of more years experience would view us in the same way we crush ants without even considering their lives, but all we need to do is look at just how amazing both we and this world we live on are, to see there has to be something special created here.

Just to ponder our place in the universe, to be able to create things in this world that are able to peer into that universe beyond this world, wouldn't you consider that amazing?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Do people really REALLY understand just how tiny and insignifcant we are when compared to the vast universe?

You are the universe. The universe exists inside you and you are a co creator of it...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

As far as many many humans are concerned, we ARE souls.

edit on 4/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

FYP

We don't have a soul but we are souls.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

edit on 17-4-2012 by DjembeJedi because: wrong response

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join