It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Deception the veil is lifting!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by -mytym-

]OK, let the "re-education process" resume!

You first. Look up the words "nutation" and "lunar libration." Or just go back and re-read the thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Oh noes... run for the hills...

better yet, read a book.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So the moon just happens to be rotating on an axis that points to the earth as well as rotating on an axis perpendicluar to that to ensure the same side faces the earth......OR......wait for it wait for......somebody rotated the photos of the moon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is more likely : the moon rotating on two axis and no amateur astronomers have noticed with no reports on the TV OR somebody has rotated a photo of the moon and creates a nonsensical conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't see what is so hard to understand, there have been people on ATS mentioning the moon wasn't right, whether it's the moon's position or reflection or placement in the sky. The OP is simply showing all of the different pics of the phases of the moon on various days/nights and at various times showing that the shadow or dark side is meandering all around the moon. I applaud your hard work.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

Watch the videos two posts above you. This is a well documented phenomena. It's like saying, "conspiracy theorist has noticed cats have tails, The OP compiled these hundreds of pictures of cats... note all the tails... He thought it best I put them all in one place...he deserves applause..."

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
uhhh, the guy on the link who took the pics. Had this to say...

I've just checked my daily stats for this collage of my moon photos. I don't know who posted it it on abovetopsecret.com .... or even what that website is for that matter. For your information. the shots were taken pretty much daily and are just a screen shot of the collection as they appear on my Set summary on Flickr. I don't see anything weird going on on the moon. The shots were taken sequentually (weather permitting) at different times and therefore they appear at different angles and different phases. Anyone who tries to read deeper into them has a fertile imagination. Thanks for all the attention but the image here is supposed to be arty..... ye know... all pretty like! Here's the address of the page

address of his page

Owner of the pictures comment.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Call me crazy but i have noticed something weird about the moon (and our sun being whiter but that's another subject) since the beginning of last year. No need for pictures to prove it to myself because i go outside every now and then and just look up

Sometimes you can see the moon two nights in a row and because of the way it is lit on the second night (unlike what you would expect) it seems more time has passed for the moon to be in that position. I did read about all the possible anomaly's, they all seem legit but it is just a strange feeling, something not quite the same as back in the day.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Sometimes you can see the moon two nights in a row and because of the way it is lit on the second night (unlike what you would expect) it seems more time has passed for the moon to be in that position. I did read about all the possible anomaly's, they all seem legit but it is just a strange feeling, something not quite the same as back in the day.

It means you are paying more attention than back in the day. Your observation is correct. This page will explain it for you:

cseligman.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Wow! So I'd say that ATS better take them down as the OP didn't own the image...

And the photographer, like sane people everywhere, thinks the moon is normal..

Ban hammer maybe?
edit on 17-4-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Asking questions about a theory does not make someone a "paid dis-info agent" or a shill. Pages ago, I asked this:

Therefore, the question still remains unanswered: What is so abnormal about the random array of lunar images in the OP? What scientific evidence would lead one to determine that there is "deception" going on?

The response, as best I can tell, is the red dots marking the Mare Fecunditatis (better known as the "Sea of Fertility"):

It has already been pointed out that the polar orientation of the red dot depends on the rotation of the camera, the location on Earth where the photo was taken from, the phase of the moon, etc, etc. All those facts have been ignored.

You will notice, however, that the red dot is ALWAYS approximately the same distance from the edge of the moon, within the limits of lunar libration or "wobble".

Moving on, many pages back I said this:

The collage of lunar images in the OP are not all from the same source. Some are rotated, and they are in no sensible order whatsoever, which is why no sensible analysis of the original images applies here.

And of course, now we've found out that what I said is entirely true and the OP is a total sham and hoaxer. The photographer who posted the original photos that have been fraudulently used in this thread has stated:

I've just checked my daily stats for this collage of my moon photos. I don't know who posted it it on abovetopsecret.com .... or even what that website is for that matter. For your information. the shots were taken pretty much daily and are just a screen shot of the collection as they appear on my Set summary on Flickr. I don't see anything weird going on on the moon. The shots were taken sequentually (weather permitting) at different times and therefore they appear at different angles and different phases. Anyone who tries to read deeper into them has a fertile imagination. Thanks for all the attention but the image here is supposed to be arty..... ye know... all pretty like!

So in summary, I'll use a quote taken directly from the OP's scientific cross-references. From his own posting of the quackery in this thread, fourth link:

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Here are some more people who are noticing, all very recent.

icanfixthis.info...

somethgblue.hubpages.com...

victoriastaffordapsychicinvestigation.wordpress.com... -for-all-oceans-prediction/

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Plenty more where those came from.

Halfway down the page, it CLEARLY states "Moontards need attention too". It may not be a scientific research paper that was posted to support this theory, but it's the best source material I've seen provided on this subject.

In my humble opinion, this thread should be moved to the hoax bin. It's been proven. If anyone's been a dinsingenuous dis-info agent, it's the OP.

Indeed, the veil of deception has now been lifted.
edit on 17-4-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
uhhh, the guy on the link who took the pics. Had this to say...

I've just checked my daily stats for this collage of my moon photos. I don't know who posted it it on abovetopsecret.com .... or even what that website is for that matter. For your information. the shots were taken pretty much daily and are just a screen shot of the collection as they appear on my Set summary on Flickr. I don't see anything weird going on on the moon. The shots were taken sequentually (weather permitting) at different times and therefore they appear at different angles and different phases. Anyone who tries to read deeper into them has a fertile imagination. Thanks for all the attention but the image here is supposed to be arty..... ye know... all pretty like! Here's the address of the page

address of his page

Owner of the pictures comment.

mahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

brilliant!

this thread is a joke, all you weird moon supporters need to go and read some books, think a bit more objectively and deny ignorance!

this thread is up there with the alien invasion imminent thread, the flying down the stairs and the rest of the nonsense I see on here that detracts from the actual nuggets of truth that we should all be taking notice of.

OP I am no shill, read my post history, im just sick of nonsense like this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Indigenous people know that something has recently happened - Pole Shift?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Indigenous people know that something has recently happened - Pole Shift?

I'm afraid I don't speak Inuit, so I have no idea how accurate the subtitles are. The arctic environment has definitely been changing due to global warming, which might also explain changes in the local horizon. If the stars are wrong there, they should be wrong elsewhere. Non-native people would have noticed, too.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

BS.

There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what... thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly.

Which wouldn't be true if the earth axis was tilted.

Once a year, at the winter solstice, the rising sun shines directly along the long passage into the chamber for about 17 minutes and illuminates the chamber floor.[4] This alignment is too precise to be widely considered to be formed by chance. Professor M. J. O'Kelly was the first person in modern times to observe this event on December 21, 1967.[26] The sun enters the passage through a specially contrived opening, known as a roofbox, directly above the main entrance. Although solar alignments are not uncommon among passage graves, Newgrange is one of few to contain the additional roofbox feature (Cairn G at Carrowkeel Megalithic Cemetery is another, and it has been suggested that one can be found at Bryn Celli Ddu.[27]). The alignment is such that although the roofbox is above the passage entrance, the light hits the floor of the inner chamber. Today the first light enters about four minutes after sunrise, but calculations based on the precession of the Earth show that 5,000 years ago first light would have entered exactly at sunrise.[13] The solar alignment at Newgrange is very precise compared to similar phenomena at other passage graves such as Dowth or Maes Howe in the Orkney islands, off the coast of Scotland.

en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah, those stones are a bit more precise than a couple elderly Inuit guys, etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

BS.

There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what... thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly.

Which wouldn't be true if the earth axis was tilted.

Once a year, at the winter solstice, the rising sun shines directly along the long passage into the chamber for about 17 minutes and illuminates the chamber floor.[4] This alignment is too precise to be widely considered to be formed by chance. Professor M. J. O'Kelly was the first person in modern times to observe this event on December 21, 1967.[26] The sun enters the passage through a specially contrived opening, known as a roofbox, directly above the main entrance. Although solar alignments are not uncommon among passage graves, Newgrange is one of few to contain the additional roofbox feature (Cairn G at Carrowkeel Megalithic Cemetery is another, and it has been suggested that one can be found at Bryn Celli Ddu.[27]). The alignment is such that although the roofbox is above the passage entrance, the light hits the floor of the inner chamber. Today the first light enters about four minutes after sunrise, but calculations based on the precession of the Earth show that 5,000 years ago first light would have entered exactly at sunrise.[13] The solar alignment at Newgrange is very precise compared to similar phenomena at other passage graves such as Dowth or Maes Howe in the Orkney islands, off the coast of Scotland.

en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah, those stones are a bit more precise than a couple elderly Inuit guys, etc.

How could ancient primitive people (without the tools we use today today) chart the stars so precisely?

And yet modern primitive man can't!

Either we had a technology far superior to what we are being told by TPTB, or IT WAS DONE JUST LIKE THE INUIT.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Hawking

Paranoid? Delusional? Like I need to be told how the moon works? Do you know me ? Do you know my background? My education? My children or their education or their professions ? Maybe you can tell me what 2 words I am thinking right now?

Paranoid Schizophrenic?

I read through the first few pages and noticed a glaringly obvious pattern.

1) Those that believe the op is on to something, are rude, close minded, and lacking any real weapons in this conversation. ( "Thousands of others have noticed that something is up with the moon", is not a valid fact or argument)
2) The pictures provided, are all normal. Op is yet to prove that the pictures are out of the ordinary.
3) The only facts or proof being offered are from people that see this as natural. Then someone says, these facts are a reason why this site is going down hill.. REALLY?? This site is degraded by science and facts? That's great, but does fit the climate of this thread.
4) If anyone disagrees with the Op or his followers, they are called a disinfo agent, or told they will be ignored if they continue to pollute this delusion with facts and science.

Most of the believers of this delusion have proven to be angry, aggressive, close minded dreamers, that stopped reading my post, as soon as they noticed I wasn't a cheerleader for their team.

It is easy to follow the trail of believers, finding more "evidence" of "something is up". If you only took the same time to read about the normalcy of this, you'd regret the time wasted on the other.. But hey, there isn't that warm fuzzy feeling you get from feeling like your special, and see something that others must be tioo stupid to see. Oh the irony.... Oh the Irony....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

What are you talking about?

Modern man carts stars much MORE precisely.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Try this ...

Hold a quarter at arms length ... (this quarter represents full moon)

Tilt your head to the right. Now put your hand up vertically just to the left of the quarter to represent the horizon.

Observe the orientation of the quarter with your hand.

This is full moon just after sunset.

Now tilt your head to the left keeping the quarter stationary. Place your hand vertically just to the right of the quarter to represent the horizon.

Observe the orientation of the quarter with your hand.

This is the full moon just before sunrise.

Note that the quarter (moon) has "rotated" with respect to the hand (horizon).

... And yet the quarter never moved.

OP you need a good mental 3d picture of what is really going on ...

May the veil lift indeed ...

edit on 17-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

How could ancient primitive people (without the tools we use today today) chart the stars so precisely?

And yet modern primitive man can't!

Either we had a technology far superior to what we are being told by TPTB, or IT WAS DONE JUST LIKE THE INUIT.

You miss the point entirely; yes, it was done like the Inuit. If what this video alleges the Inuit are saying is true, the ancient monuments should also be out of alignment. They are not.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
REPLY TO DJW001 AND CAPTAINNOTSOOBVIOUS

Chill Dudes,

@ captainnotsoobvious "There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what... thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly. There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what... thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly. There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what... thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly". - According to who? Did you personally take the measurements, or are you parroting someone else's research?

We have Al Gore spreading disinformation about climate change, I would look into someone's claims before parroting it as the truth. Just sayin.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join