It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Seen in There Own Footage Caught In Staging Mortar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well today on twitter i got a tweet telling me that Assad's Violence Continues, so i opened the news link and got this.
Source

Here is the video.

This video looks highly suspicious when you watch the video you can tell that the camerman is very close to the supposed Mortar team.

But if these are Assad Forces Mortar team how come they have a tent nearby?
covering up so nobody will notice them that its the rebels maybe?

Before in the past i have seen many images, many images of the Mortar teams and not once i have seen them wearing civilian clothing?

I would say this.Rebels Try to Blame Assad Forces by using there own Mortar Team Hench

"it's the 14, Kofi Annan"

And just who came to Turkey on the 14 asking for a military intervention?? Why Sen John McCain and his lapdog Joe.

Well i wont be surprised again if our mainstream news media outlets give John McCain more free press air team.
Either ATS you be the judge of the video.

With Assad or the rebels in power after this whole mess is over with, this wont be good for the west,

edit on 15-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
this whole situation is complete BS. Many of these rebels are Muslim Brotherhood goons. They are doing everything in there power to make Assad appear as though he is fighting innocent citizens when in fact he is up against a coup. Most people aren't smart enough to realize this. I read an article on Debka the other day and the president of Iran was quoted as saying

they should take a look the map of Iran so that they understand about which great and powerful country they are talking.” Turning to threats, he said: “Some of these countries give their oil money to the arrogant powers so that it can be used against another country.

Of course Debka completely sensationalized the comments he made and tried to make it as though he was speaking about something completely different as they do on a routine basis. I for one believe that his comment was referring to the nation of Saudi Arabia using there oil money and Muslim control to topple regime after regime in the Middle East with the help of the "arrogant powers" aka the US and NATO..Of course you will never hear them mention that on Debka.

debka.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
This video looks highly suspicious when you watch the video you can tell that the camerman is very close to the supposed Mortar team.

Judging by the time the sound takes to reach the camera (some two seconds), I think it would be something like 700 metres.

This whole Syrian situation has sounded strange from the beginning, but I don't really know what may be behind it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Judging by the time the sound takes to reach the camera (some two seconds), I think it would be something like 700 metres.

This whole Syrian situation has sounded strange from the beginning, but I don't really know what may be behind it.

Check out the thread I created yesterday title "Muslim Brotherhood takeover of the Middle East. US and NATO is helping them come to power." It might make things a little clearer as to what is going on in Syria.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Could it be possible the mortar crew is in civilian clothes on purpose? The flip side of the coin could also be the crew is in facct Syrian government forces and the video was taken and released specifically to blame the rebels? You said yourself you found it suspicious so its a possiobility.

What about Iranian forces that werre sent to Syria to assist?

For what its worth and to prevent a thread derailment Im not discounting your hypothetical. I am just adding other possibilities.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Could it be possible the mortar crew is in civilian clothes on purpose? The flip side of the coin could also be the crew is in facct Syrian government forces and the video was taken and released specifically to blame the rebels? You said yourself you found it suspicious so its a possiobility.

Highly unlike, but you rise another interesting point as for the trucks seen in the footage well they probably could be from those Ex Syrian soldiers.

Xcathdra the whole Syrian is like that user here said very suspicious.

And also i find the timing of this video suspicious, since it was released on April 14 on YouTube when could have this been filmed? a week before the planned ceasefire?

Did the rebels knew that a ceasefire was likely? and also was this really uploaded in Syria? i thought they no internet access.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yes, my inbox this morning was from MoonOfAlabama, who agrees with you entirely.

All this leaves some intriguing questions:

Homs is a rather large city with some 750,000 inhabitants.
How did these people know where the shelling would take place so they could be there with all their equipment just in time to witness it?
Why would several people with cameras and laptops on the ground stay in the open street while the high rise across the street is subject to shelling with, from the sound, impacts every few seconds and visibly every few minutes?
Why are those people so near to the shelling so very content and not afraid at all?
Where is the fresh damage after all these impacts?
Why would the Syrian army shell an empty high rise with no discernible hostile target for over an hour wasting valuable ammunition and at a time where it is critical for the Syrian government to keep the ceasefire?

My impression is that this whole thing is a staged to impress on the people voting today at the UN Security Council.

This is an information war, and information is perception. Some can and others can't, even more other won't. We are watching one of the grandest illusions ever. The hostile take over of the middle east.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Did the rebels knew that a ceasefire was likely? and also was this really uploaded in Syria? i thought they no internet access.

The rebels have been part of the dialogue to end the bloodshed in Syria. If I am not mistaken they are in contact through the friends of Syria program.

Both sides agreed to the ceasefire however the Syria government made a last minute change by wanting assurances in writing. The rebels refused stating is was not part of the agreement they signed on to.

I am curious if Turkey is going to act. They have had 2 incidents now where Syrian troops have fired at people on the turkish side of the border. Another border incursion occured near lebanon as well.

i have seen conflicting reports that Syrian government forces have withdrawn heavy equipment from cities and other reports stating a few cities still have heavy equipment present with no overt signs of them being withdrawn.

To be honest im not sure why people even bother posting videos like that to youtube since both sides will deny or claim it with no resoluion and no evidence to support either sides claims / denials.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have a question Xcathdra

Do you understand anything about the Brotherhood?

If I was Assad I would want full assurances from them too... the Syrian people are angry that Assad is not doing enough to protect them from the rebels, it is his job to make sure that if he pulls out all military, that the residents themselves will be safe...

they are killing innocent people, I know you are not clear on this but it is very important... they are killing people and Assad NEEDS to make certain that his citizens will be safe if the military is not there to protect them.

The UN certainly wont protect the people! Of this you can be certain!

Wallahi any of us would do the same I would hope!

edit on 16-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

My point was not to blame either side. I am pointing out that if a written guarantee was needed then why didn't they work that in originally? Why wait till the other side agrees and then spring it on them at the last minute that the written part is required?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

how was days ago the last minute?

the reasoning was because the rebels were still shelling heavily, there was not a slow down or a tapering off, but rather an escalation in fighting since the agreement to ceasefire.. After such an escalation Syria was within her rights to ask if they were really going to comply should the military pull out

the citizens should not be left to a slaughter!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I was just saying this to my parents the other day. The indiscriminite shellings supposedly done by Assad make no sense at all.

I can imagine that it would make sense to stop protesters and people directly attacking his regime, from his perspective.

But there is no tactical or political advantage in shelling random civilian targets at all. At least not when it is down by the nations own ruling forces. None. It is just complete BS.

Only a pure evil man would do that for fun. I don´t think Assad is that evil and stupid. It would only increase his own problems.

Apparently most mainstream people are not smart enough to realize this.
edit on 16-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I would say it is pretty obvious what is behind it.

The same thing has been going on for years. The taking over of the Midle East by Western powers.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
The same thing has been going on for years. The taking over of the Midle East by Western powers.
Even if it is, why this type of action, why now?

And if there's someone else behind this, counting on other people thinking that's the same thing that has been going on for years?

As I said, there's something that looks strange about this, as if there is a third or fourth party doing things behind the scenes, someone that we do not expect to see linked with a situation like this.

But this is just my opinion, and I know nothing about international politics.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

After Iraq and Afghanistan the whole War on Terror excuse lost it´s magic, so to speak. So they moved on to a new tactic. Destabilize a nation from within. Setup a rebellion against the nation´s leaders, attack the people and blame the leaders. Move in on a socalled humanitarian mission.

Look how they got Libia, now they are going for Syria.

After Syria there is only Iran left. They control or have friendly governments in all the other Middle East countries I can think of right now.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Even if it is, why this type of action, why now?

And if there's someone else behind this, counting on other people thinking that's the same thing that has been going on for years?

As I said, there's something that looks strange about this, as if there is a third or fourth party doing things behind the scenes, someone that we do not expect to see linked with a situation like this.

But this is just my opinion, and I know nothing about international politics.

Strategic positioning. Take a world map and put pins in every country that has Western powers wars or influence. This includes all western powers not just the US. I see a perfect ring that has developed around IRAN. In my opinion the Syrian situation is strategic positioning to protect Israel for the Big Hit! on Iran. They know that as soon as Iran is hit, it will cause an immediate attack on Israel.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I know that things are done to promote violence from the inside against the leaders, so they can use an excuse of helping the civilians, but I still think something is missing.

Being 49 years old, I have seen this type of thing happening in South America, Africa and, obviously, in the Middle East, but for some reason that I cannot identify, this doesn't look organised by the same people, it looks like this is a variation of what has been done by Western powers but with some twist, like if it was organised by some corporation(s) instead of government(s), for example, so they lack the power a government has but have different resources and ways of doing things.

I cannot really put my finger on it, but since the beginning of the Syrian situation I have felt that there's something different in this one.

I guess time will tell, as usual.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

how was days ago the last minute?

the reasoning was because the rebels were still shelling heavily, there was not a slow down or a tapering off, but rather an escalation in fighting since the agreement to ceasefire.. After such an escalation Syria was within her rights to ask if they were really going to comply should the military pull out

the citizens should not be left to a slaughter!

You are still missing my point.. Let me try again..

The Syrian government met with the UN Secretary general and adopted his peace plan to end the violence. The rebels also agreed to it. There was nothing in the peace agreement that required anything in writing from the rebels. That requirement was added at the last minute, and by last minute I mean the moment the plan was to go into effect, the Syrian government then stated they wanted a written guarantee from the rebels.

I get the reason behind the request.. I am just stating why didn't Syria add that in to the peace plan prior to both sides agreeing? From this side of the fence it came across as somewhat of a last minute sabotage of the peace plan.

With that being said your side of the fence shows the rebels as breaking the peace plan. Im just stating it was a weird move by Syria.

Im not even entirely sure if the cease fire / peace plan has even attempted to be put into full scale implementation.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

But there is no tactical or political advantage in shelling random civilian targets at all. At least not when it is down by the nations own ruling forces. None. It is just complete BS.

Sure there is... It sends a message to not only the rebels, but any other group who may want to see a different leader / government in place.

The Syrian government has made it clear in their actions that change will only come when they decide and not when outside pressure demands it. It does not matter if you are a rebel, a loyal citizen or member of the military..

The message sent is loud and clear.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
That requirement was added at the last minute, and by last minute I mean the moment the plan was to go into effect, the Syrian government then stated they wanted a written guarantee from the rebels.

I think that was asked two days before the date marked for the ceasefire, at least I saw that on the news on the 8th of April, while the ceasefire should start on the 10th, if I'm not mistaken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join