It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Seen in There Own Footage Caught In Staging Mortar?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It may not be so weird..

Assad had to provided written guarantees to Kofi Annan of cease-fire

"Mr Annan said he had received a written pledge from Syria to halt military operations from dawn tomorrow."
www.rte.ie...

If it was needed for Assad to provide guarantees in writing, then does it make sense that Assad was under the impression the rebels were also to be providing the same written guarantees?

“To say that Syria will pull back its forces from towns on April 10 is inaccurate, Kofi Annan having not yet [or; not until now] presented written guarantees on the acceptance by armed terrorist groups of a halt to all violence,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdessi said Sunday.rt.com...

Perhaps, rather than adding a condition, he was demanding a condition be fulfilled before pulling out...

That, coupled with escalated violence, do you not believe it possible that Syria may feel the need to protect the citizens? Why should Syria be leaving her citizens to a slaughter, because slaughter is what the armed terrorists HAVE promised all who opposed them in their 'fight'!

Should Syria leave them to the slaughter so that she can be blamed for their deaths later? As has been happening throughout this fighting? Perhaps it is exactly that, which is what the west wants, more killings to blame Syrian government for. As it stands the west is still blaming Syrian government for the escalation in violence as seen here in this quote;

"Mr Annan said an "unacceptable" escalation in violence in Syria violated guarantees made to him and called on the government to keep its promises to end the bloodshed."

Why not call on the terrorists to stop the escalation? Why is the government the ONLY one blamed? Do we not see a pattern in making the Syrian government the 'bad guy'?

edit on 16-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Syrian government is responsible for the protection of the citizens. How could anyone pull up a number of trucks outside of town set up a camp and casually start shelling apparently without any fear of any response by the Syrian government. That just seems odd. There is definitely a problem in this part of the world when it comes to who is really fair and just. Could it just be that no one really is? Innocent people should not die but if you take out the government what is left are split factions fighting about who will be in control. Thanks to the brutal laws that exist in that part of the world Islamic countries are probably more stable when run by dictators that keep the trouble makers on the defensive. I guess there will be information forthcoming shortly on exactly who is killing who but, as far as we can tell from this video those munitions could be landing in a empty field as far as we know.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We had a civil war to stop slavery but these people want to fight about who has the right to kill another person. The should have a civil war to end slavery and make every person free and equal under the law.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
We had a civil war to stop slavery but these people want to fight about who has the right to kill another person. The should have a civil war to end slavery and make every person free and equal under the law.

We did not have a civil war over slavery. We had a civil war over states rights, and slavery was just one aspect of that conflict but not the sole reason for it.

As far as Syria needing to protect its civilians I agree with the sentiment however I disagree with the suggestion civilian casualties are the sole result of rebel activity.

As for last minute and 2 days before implementation I will concede that days is not last minute however in diplomatic realms and how long it takes to resolve and agree to conditions 2 day or 2 hours would be last minute.

Setting those issues aside though and coming back to topic does it make sense for either side to document actions without a clear way of blame in either direction? It just seems like a sloppy attempt to lay blame, on either side.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If they were rebels and shelling civilians, they would quickly lose their support from the public. Who knows how many factions are involved from where, when the dis-info flies out from all sides and the middle. The idea of trying to understand WTF is going on is ridicules in itself. It must suck to live in this part of the world. If the UN plans to do something, I wish they would do it and get it over with.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I disagree with the suggestion civilian casualties are the sole result of rebel activity.

While i agree with that and you want to know why? whats because you think the rebels are all Saints?
thats a Naive suggestion to suggest that Rebels aren't also killing civilians.

So Far Assad Is holding power and thats because there weren't high defections, nor military high command.

Xcathdra Maybe since your backing the rebels you could explain why IS GW Bush suddenly supporting the Syrian Rebels? is it because GW Bush truly loves freedom and democracy?

No its because of interest.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Xcathdra
That requirement was added at the last minute, and by last minute I mean the moment the plan was to go into effect, the Syrian government then stated they wanted a written guarantee from the rebels.

I think that was asked two days before the date marked for the ceasefire, at least I saw that on the news on the 8th of April, while the ceasefire should start on the 10th, if I'm not mistaken.

i concur with the 8th for the guarantee.
furthermore syria wanted written guarantees from qatar, saudi arabia and turkey that they would not fund/arm the rebels. this according to reuters. www.reuters.com...

i am led to understand that qatar was the financial/oil hub transition country for the libya takeover with regards to the rebels in the east.

f

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
U.N. monitors visit Syria opposition stronghold
www.cbsnews.com... itors-visit-syria-opposition-stronghold/

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I started laughing at that news article

Hilal Khashan, an analyst at the American University of Beirut, said he believes the regime will try to sabotage the larger mission because it could pose a threat.

Really Hilal Khashan? Assad will try to sabotage the larger mission because it could pose a threat? what about the Opposite? and that is that The fact is.

That The Rebels want to sabotage the larger mission because it will provoke NATO intervention what an a analyst

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And there you go, another Charley Foxtrot guided by the UN

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
10 dead as UN is branded ‘big joke’ by Syrian rebels

Read more: www.metro.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk... -big-joke-by-syrian-rebels

top topics

<< 1   >>

join