It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Cult of Mithra infiltrated the Church of Rome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

understandable... I wanna act like Jesus myself

you now turn over tables and all that jazz... I can't believe the Catholics are allowed indulgences of sin!

I just learned about that here,.. is that really how they pervert the truth and try to maintain their hold on Jesus?

Indulgences are not scriptural in anyway. They are walking after their own desires and not after Christ. Theres a statue in Rome that if you touch it or kiss it or pray to it will give you 90 days of absolution to sin as much as your heart is content. Idolatry in it's finest.

They believe a man can forgive you of your sins. This is what people do who are not saved, they get a priest to remove their sins and believe they can whisper prayers to them when theyre dead to get them into heaven.

Interesting article i dug up where Pope Benedict the 16th grants absolution for people who have commited murder via abortion.

Church to absolve sins of abortion for Papa visit

edit on 15-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Did you know that the "Branch Davidians" who were killed at Waco with David Koresh, were actually considered as an offshoot of the SDA movement?

Interesting, i do not understand how any of them fell for his B.S.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I just learned about that here,.. is that really how they pervert the truth and try to maintain their hold on Jesus?

Like the iceberg that sank the Titanic, that is just the tip of the iceberg...the rest of it is way down under the surface which could explain why so many are alcoholics and are cursed with so many mental diseases like pedophilia and priests right along with them.

There was even a case involving the Queen of England and the Roman Catholic Church in which hundreds of Native American Mohawk children were murdered and covered up by the Pope and Queen Elizabeth II and hidden in mass graves. Murders and toruture happened from 1832 to 1970 when the institution was closed.

International Tribunal for Crimes of Church and States (ITCCS.org) is expected to commence judicial proceedings starting in late October 2011 in Brussels, Belgium and Dublin, Ireland for child genocide crimes against humanity against defendants Elizabeth Windsor, head of state of Canada and head of the Church of England and Pope Joseph Ratzinger, both of whom knowingly participated in the planning and coverup of the child genocide, according to forensic evidence.

Source

My my, with godly people like this who needs Satan? You can just cry "The Pope made me do it" or "The Queen of England made me do it" instead of "the devil made me do it".

Now ask yourselves, would Yeshua sanction any of this? I believe he would be rather angry, like kick the tables over and whip you angry.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Here is the wiki on Christian Heresy which hopefully people will investigate.

Indeed i am reading that right now. This is the R.C.C.'s response to anyone who refused to engage in their blasphemy right along with them...point their fingers and accuse "Heretic!" and the laity goes right along with it because theyre brainwashed and do not know how to read their own bibles. Go read the old Latin Vulgate version of Genesis 3 and see that the seed of woman is a she and she crushes Satan's head and he bruises her heel.

Here's an interesting video from an SDA fellow who seems to know quite a bit about the Church of Rome.

and

It will make your eyes pop out of your head.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ok check out this book: "Suns of God".

It says that Mithraism, along pages 125-126, revered Mithra/Mithres/Mithras as the "Sun God" in ancient Persia.

It talks about how in the 8th century, the Assyrians under Shalmaneser V took over Samaria and deported the tribes.

The name Shalmaneser is used for him in the Bible, which attributes to him and his father the deportation of the "Ten Lost Tribes" of Israel. In the 17th and 18th chapters of 2 Kings he is described as the conqueror of Samaria and as sending its inhabitants into exile

"Samaria" = West Bank = Ancient capitol of Kingdom of Israel in antiquity Samaria (ancient city wiki).

It states that Mithra was also the sun god of Cyrus the Great the founder of the Achaemenid Empire, "The First Persian Empire". That's roughly two centuries after the Assyrians conquered Samaria and the Israelites were deported, (8th to 6th centuries BC). Take notice of the maps, photos, etc, on the wiki.

Alright back to the source book I linked, it then states that Mithra was considered the Messiah or Christos by Jews during the historical "Captivity" from 586-538 BC.

Then it continues, that Mithraism was the royal cult under Artaxerxes I of the Achaemenid Persians, and this continued after Alexander the Great overthrew the Persians and this region then became the Seleucid Empire.

It states that "reliefs of the tomb of the King Antiochus IV Epiphanes" demonstrate Mithraic influence.

Please continue onward this gets really good.
It claims that Herodotus the acclaimed Greek historian, wrote in the 5th century BC of the 'Persians', "worship the sun, moon, and earth, fire, water, and winds", as Mithra, and then it equates this with "Aphrodite" (very important clue), and the Arabian Alilat.

Then it says that Mithra was considered bi-gender or hermaphrodite (hermes + aphrodite), "Mithra the Persian deity was both God and Goddess".

It then goes on to talk about how monuments can be found from India to Scotland, and that it is quote "the most nearly universal religion in the Western world".

This is very interesting because remember the influence that "Baphomet" had on the medieval Christian Orders allegedly. Baphomet was essentially an equivalent of sorts to Mithra. Hermaphrodite, represents the multitude of aspects, positive and negative, astrological, etc.

The outright flavor of Mithraism, which was relatively rare due to the historical secrecy, supposedly even became the official religion again for a brief moment right after after Constantine established Christianity as the official religion.

Julian the Apostate , Roman Emperor 361-363 AD , attempted to bring Mithra back. (It was very short lived), and this may have even been designed as a false ploy, in my opinion, by the Mithraic cult itself to fool the people into thinking "Nicaean doctrine of official Roman Christianity" was actually separate from the "Mithraic polytheism". This could have been effective as a means to create false differences between the two systems, and made 'official' Roman Christianity even more appealing to the unwitting masses. That's just a hunch.

Read this section on Julian the Apostate
He made all religions legal, and it claims this was a ploy to reinstate outright traditional pagan polytheism.

But get this: Julian the Apostate wanted to rebuild the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.
According to Ammianus Marcellinus:

Julian thought to rebuild at an extravagant expense the proud Temple once at Jerusalem, and committed this task to Alypius of Antioch. Alypius set vigorously to work, and was seconded by the governor of the province; when fearful balls of fire, breaking out near the foundations, continued their attacks, till the workmen, after repeated scorchings, could approach no more: and he gave up the attempt

edit on 15-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

the Arabian Alilat.

Al-ilah is Allah, Alilat is just one way to spell it but thats Allah dude.

Yeah i know all about the Julian incident with the fireballs but the Mithra stuff by the jews considering "him" the Messiah around the Babylonian exile is new to me. This is quite the elaborate setup El Destructo has been setting up. "The Destroyer" is also one of Allah's titles.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So really when we are talking about the Mythraic Mysteries, we are talking about one of the main pillars of historical paganistic polytheism.

Important aspects to this exploration:

1) The methods of control that governments have utilized through dissemination of the principals of the cults to the masses. Sort of an ancient 'mind control' system.

2) The use of religious doctrine, mass confusion, etc, to justify war and other atrocities.

3) Justifying giving an extra tax (religious offerings).

I am sure you can think of many other various applications that the cults orchestrated and implemented into human civilization.

The connections between the presence of the Mithraic Mysteries in the royal courts and the theory and execution of imperial power upon the masses are not coincidental. They are integrally related. All hosts of things derive directly from this, from clothing fashions to building architectural design all the way down throughout history.

Nowadays people call it the "Illuminati", they are "illuminated" in the "light", aka they worship the sun /mithra or whatever thousand names they gave it.

If anyone hasn't read it yet (I assume most of you have but idk), check out the Babylon thread for more background information.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

the Arabian Alilat.

Al-ilah is Allah, Alilat is just one way to spell it but thats Allah dude.

Yeah i know all about the Julian incident with the fireballs but the Mithra stuff by the jews considering "him" the Messiah around the Babylonian exile is new to me. This is quite the elaborate setup El Destructo has been setting up. "The Destroyer" is also one of Allah's titles.

Excellent Observation.

You are right about how intricate and widespread this system is set up worldwide. But with a careful eye you can recognize the patterns they are everywhere.

Notice that the main iconography of Islam is the exact same primary iconography for the Mithraic/Babylonian mystery schools as well. The connections are blatantly obvious.

I find it quite fascinating how easily things can be connected in regards to determining cult influence through history. It's rather compelling how there has been an unbroken line of influence from antiquity till today.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well Roman Catholic Dogma has been called "The Sacred Mysteries" for 1700 years at least and the clergy learn the secret esoteric mysteries of spiritism (like praying for the dead which is forbidden to even communicate to spirits) in seminary school and they learn other nefarious things behind closed doors away from prying eyes.

Personally i don't care about tithes in protestantism because it goes to helping by clothes or food to the needy or buying bibles and school supplies to children in countries like Nicaragua and Argentina (which we did last year).

This rabbit hole goes deep dude. Early christians didn't even celebrate christmas and this is what Tertullian had to say about christmas:

"On your day of pagan gladness, we [Christians]
Neither cover our doorposts with wreaths...
You consider it a proper thing to decorate your
house like some new brothel...but we do not
celebrate along with you the holidays..."
-(Tertullian, (A.D. 155-220), 2001, p. 1176).
(quoted by David Bercot,
A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs,
1998, p. 342).

December 25th was observed as a Holiday
long before Christ was born. In fact,
while Christ was still on the earth, both
he and his early followers were witness to
the Joyous merry-making of the Roman Saturnalia,
that occured every December. It is certain
that Jesus and his Apostles were able to see,
the gift-giving, the feasting, ane the decorating
of fir trees, during the Pagan Holidays of Rome.
The houses were decorated with Holly, Mistletoe,
and evergreen wreaths, on the very day that
mankind now claims is in honor of Christ.
Yet this was the pagan Saturnalia of Rome during
the celebration of the sun-god "Sol".

source

So Christmas was really Saturnalia and the Roman Catholic Church just renamed it Christmas and December 25th was Nimrod's birthday. Jesus was born when the weather was still warm enough for the shepherds to sleep outside with their sheep which can be no later than October 15th so he would have been concieved around the end of Kislev and that means he woulda have been born sometimes early to mid October near Sukkot (the Feast of Tabernacles). Early christians did not celebrate his birthday either, his crucifixtion was what mattered.

Check that source you will read some interesting things if you do not know them already.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I will copy a post I made in a thread a few years ago, in regards to Christmas celebrations being overrun with pagan idolatry according the the Bible itself.

Jeremiah 10: 1-5

1 Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel.
2 This is what the LORD says:
"Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.

3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter.

5 Like a scarecrow in a melon patch,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good."

1)We put a Star on top of the Christmas Tree (Sun Worship)
2)Many ornaments are shaped as Spheres - reference to the Sun
Etc Etc

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You are right about how intricate and widespread this system is set up worldwide. But with a careful eye you can recognize the patterns they are everywhere.

Notice that the main iconography of Islam is the exact same primary iconography for the Mithraic/Babylonian mystery schools as well. The connections are blatantly obvious

Watch those videos i showed when you get the chance, that guy is a pro at symbolism and he will show you exactly that it is everywhere, even under your own nose or in the magazine rack next to your chair to the symbols on police officers cars. I had to stop watching his stuff because it started making me feel nutty but he is right. The antichrist already has this world.

He will show you stuff like how even on a Toyota theres a symbol of the bull cult sitting right in front of the hood...another sneak peek at Mirthra and the "Star of David" called a hexagram jews sport on their flags is pagan because it is on ancient Sumerian/Babylonian ruins and even on Chinese ruins and David's shield did not look like that. The hexagram can even be found on Masonic Temples and on Mormon cathedrals. Enochwasright knows alot about the Masonic stuff.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Take a peek at this, its just a little of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here is the wiki on the festival of Saturnalia.

The practice of giving gifts on Christmas originates from Saturnalia (among many other aspects):

The day of gift-giving was the Sigillaria on December 23.[34] Because gifts of value would mark social status contrary to the spirit of the season, these were often the pottery or wax figurines called sigillaria made specially for the day, candles, or "gag gifts", of which Augustus was particularly fond.[35] In his many poems about the Saturnalia, Martial names both expensive and quite cheap gifts, including writing tablets, dice, knucklebones, moneyboxes, combs, toothpicks, a hat, a hunting knife, an axe, various lamps, balls, perfumes, pipes, a pig, a sausage, a parrot, tables, cups, spoons, items of clothing, statues, masks, books, and pets.[36] Gifts might be as costly as a slave or exotic animal,[37] but Martial suggests that token gifts of low intrinsic value inversely measure the high quality of a friendship.[38] Patrons or "bosses" might pass along a gratuity (sigillaricium) to their poorer clients or dependents to help them buy gifts. Some emperors were noted for their devoted observance of the Sigillaria

Then it makes more connections with Mithraism.

The Neoplatonic philosopher Porphyry, however, took an allegorical view of the Saturnalia. He saw the festival's theme of liberation and dissolution as representing the "freeing of souls into immortality"—an interpretation that Mithraists also may have followed, since they included a significant number of slaves and freedmen.[76] According to Porphyry, the Saturnalia occurred near the winter solstice because the sun enters Capricorn, the astrological house of Saturn, at that time.[77]In the Saturnalia of Macrobius, the proximity of the Saturnalia to the winter solstice leads to an exposition of solar monotheism,[78] the belief that the Sun (see Sol Invictus) ultimately encompasses all divinities as one. Perceived relations among the Mithraic mysteries, the Dies Natalis of Sol Invictus (the "Birthday of the Unconquered Sun") on December 25, and the Christian Nativity as celebrated in December are a matter of longstanding and complex scholarly debate.

Also check out the festival of Lemuria. Some really interesting info there.

Look at how the Roman Church essentially adopted the temples of their predecessors, rather than making their own temples. Even the Pantheon in Rome, one of the most important structures of all.

Pope Boniface IV consecrated the Pantheon at Rome to the Blessed Virgin and all the martyrs, and the feast of that dedicatio Sanctae Mariae ad Martyres has been celebrated at Rome ever since.

He consecrated it to the Virgin and all the martyrs (pantheon- polytheism), rather than to God which you would expect if they were actually monotheists as claimed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

He will show you stuff like how even on a Toyota theres a symbol of the bull cult sitting right in front of the hood...another sneak peek at Mirthra and the "Star of David" called a hexagram jews sport on their flags is pagan because it is on ancient Sumerian/Babylonian ruins and even on Chinese ruins and David's shield did not look like that. The hexagram can even be found on Masonic Temples and on Mormon cathedrals. Enochwasright knows alot about the Masonic stuff.

You are going to love this one:

The company Subaru, which sells cars right? It's logo, look at it again.
Here is the Subaru wiki

Subaru is the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster, which in turn inspires the Subaru logo and alludes to the six companies that merged to create FHI.[2]

Subaru is Japanese for the Pleiades star cluster.
Check out this link:
Pleiades in folklore and literature

Also check out this link to the "Seven Sisters", Pleiades (Greek Mythology wiki)
Very good reading material there.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yeah i knew about the Subaru symbol being Pleiades. In greek its the Seven Sisters which if memory serves me correctly were the Furies (harpy like women with wings and claws).

On that wiki of Pleiades i saw this:

(The moon and star artifact representing Pleiades dating back to 1600 B.C. is the same star and crescent moon of Islam)

This one is a pic of the Apis-bull, notice the sun/star sitting between his horns shaped like a crescent moon?

I know about the Roman temples and pagan temples they captured being dedicated to the "Mary" and the "Saints". Mary has another name...Ishtar who is also the "Queen of Heaven" and according to Babylonian mythology has been called "the Whore of Babylon" because she took many lovers and the ones who bedded her died unexpected deaths (see the book of Revelation on the Whore of Babylon) but she has also been called Ashterah, Astarte, Hera, Inanna and Ashtoreth and probably Aphrodite and Venus.

Look at the teeny tiny cross ontop of that giant starburst on the Pope's Monstrance which he puts the Eucharist in (think Mithraism) and everyone all bows down and worships it. That's Sungod worship.

Paganism all around us.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda first appeared in the Achaemenid period (c. 550–330 BCE) under Darius I's Behistun Inscription. Until Artaxerxes II (405-04 to 359-58 BCE), Ahura Mazda was worshiped and invoked alone. With Artaxerxes II, Ahura Mazda was invoked in a triad, with Mithra and Apam Napat.

Ahura Mazda is described as the highest deity of worship in Zoroastrianism, along with being the first and most frequently invoked deity in the Yasna. The word Ahura means light and Mazda means wisdom. Thus Ahura Mazda is the lord of light and wisdom. Ahura Mazda is the creator and upholder of Arta (truth). Ahura Mazda is an omniscient (though not omnipotent) god, who would eventually destroy evil.

Zartosht

Despite a rich legendary material, neither the time nor the place for Zoroaster may be established with certainty. With consideration for when the writing system where invented estimated high figures by the ancient Greeks of 6000 BCE is highly unlikely. While low figures as 100 BCE have problems due to the recorded influence Zoroaster had on later thinkers.

Just a little more I thought may seem relevant.

Ostanes

This 'Ostanes', so Pliny states, was a "Persian"[a] magus who had accompanied Xerxes in his invasion of Greece, and who had then introduced magicis, the "most fraudulent of the arts," to that country. But the figure of Ostanes was such that Pliny felt "it necessary to supplement his history with doppelgangers"; so, not only does Ostanes appear as a contemporary of the early 5th century BCE Xerxes, but he is also contemporary with—and companion of—the late 4th century BCE Alexander.[7] Pliny goes on to note that Ostanes's introduction of the "monstrous craft" to the Greeks gave those people not only a "lust" (aviditatem) for magic, but a downright "madness" (rabiem) for it, and many of their philosophers, such as Pythagoras, Empedocles, Democritus, and Plato traveled abroad to study it, and then returned to teach it.(xxx.2.8-10).[2][8] This Ostanes was the teacher of Democritus.[1][9][10][11][12]

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Well, the thing with Zoroastrianism, is it is close to christianity and the Prophet Daniel was alive and kicking when that religion was popular. It is possible that it was born from judaism and messianic prophecies. Naturally Satan would create a ton of false messiahs to cast doubt on the true Messiah to decieve people into following him. At one time all mankind spoke the same language and that could account for why some of those ancient religions seem pretty close to what we have modern day.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Why do i get the feeling that Democritus has something to do with Democracy? And if Ostanes had a hand in teaching "magic" which is just the art of illusions and deception/slight of hand it could have been incorporated into our "Democratic" government?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Holy crap dude i just made a connection. Take a look at the monstrance:

See the cross on the top? If that giant starburst wasn't in the way it would be the symbol for female. Look :

This is inverted but if you turn it around looks just like the monstrance. This isn't sungod worship it's sungoddess worship. In the Babylonian religion Ishtar was the Sungoddess a.k.a. "The Queen of Heaven". Ishtar is also "the Whore of Babylon"...theyre worshipping the Whore of Babylon!

Here's a picture of Ishtar/Inanna the sungoddess.

It's not just Mithra therye worshipping but the Whore of Babylon. In many artifacts found with her image on it you can also find a caduceus.
edit on 16-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
About 6000 – 8000 years ago people where building large structures out of stone – stuff like Stonehenge and the pyramids and so on.
A very good case can be made that structures like Stonehenge are some kind of calendar
As in:

And i think this ‘technology’ allowed for the development of agriculture which in turn allowed for the first large civilisations such as Sumer to be built and this might also the start of sun worship or the refinement of the beliefs of sun worship.

The Sumerians seem to be the first to use the idea of grouping stars into constellations and the idea of a zodiac (the biblical mazzaroth) - the constellations the sun appears to pass though during the year (there are probably 12 zodiac constellations because there are 12/13 full moons during the year – moons =months or ‘moonths’

And if you plot all of that out on paper you get

Or

Sort of thing

Now if you observe the spring equinox at Stonehenge (for example) and take note of what constellation the sun raises in you will know which astrological age you are in
en.wikipedia.org...

And because of the procession of the equinoxes this changes over a long period of time
en.wikipedia.org...
or:

the red dots are the sun on the equinox and the numbers are the dates of where it was

During the age of Taurus it looks like the ancients got it into their heads that at the start/end of these astrological ages there would be some sort of event and a hero would be born to usher in the new age.
So you get stuff like Mithras slaying the bull or Moses and the golden calf business that are reported to have happened at the end of the age of Taurus and during that age you got bull worship and Isis and Horus

Next up was the age of Aries – so sheep/Sheppard’s/goats themes and Moses gets horns

Heroes carrying lambs Kriophoros Hermes "The Good Shepherd" type stuff - and Pharaoh Akhenaten does his thing (I will let you decide what that might mean)

Then 2000 years ago the sun started to rise in the constellation of Pisces (the start of the age of Pisces) and messianic cults where springing up in anticipation of a new avatar for the age (who was possibly supposed to defeat the Romans) which was a great annoyance to the Romans at the time but it looks like they decided since they couldn’t stop it they might as well use it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join