It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Cult of Mithra infiltrated the Church of Rome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Salvation come from God to man through Christ Jesus. No where in the bible is reincarnation taught. Please show me where it is taught. thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Salvation come from God to man through Christ Jesus. No where in the bible is reincarnation taught. Please show me where it is taught. thanks

It's outlined in a short article linked in my signature. The title is water and spirit baptism. The article covers all the verses that I could find that indicate the mystery. I cannot say that it is anything other than a mystery, but the symbols in the Bible all fall into place when we take the words of Jesus at face value. You must be born again. Regardless of what we say here, the fact remains that a a person is born into this life and they will be born again into they next life. As Job says:

Job 25

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

We know we have a new body. Jesus was the first fruits. We will be born again. Transmigration happens at least twice. Why limit God to these two? The mystery in the Bible indicates that we have been here since the beginning.

Read the article. There are many more passages. All of it is tied to Elijah in 1 Kings 17.

And yes. Jesus is the salvation that connects us from here to there. Mankind is still waiting. Salvation comes when Jesus returns and not before. Hebrews 9:28 indicates this.

edit on 20-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Don't let it confuse you. Being born again is a spiritual transformation, not a physical one. I think there's confusion between people on what the word reincarnate means. Otherwise, it should be called a spiritual transformation. Reincarnation is a soul leaving a physical body to inhabit a different physical body. Although we use baptism as symbolism of the resurrection, it does not change the flesh, because only the soul inside the flesh can be transformed. When Jesus was resurrected, He did not inherit the same human body or a different human body, it was a heavenly body. There's a big difference.

We can say that Jesus is God incarnate, but let's not confuse incarnate with reincarnate, which is kind of the feeling I'm getting from EnochWasRight's comment.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Jesus kept his own body, he showed Thomas and the other disciples his scars that were healed as proof. So we know resurrection comes we are just not sure of what it all entails. If you think about his nature, he destroys sin and corruption in his presence, it could be that we are resurrected into our same bodies as Jesus was but that his presence destroys the corruption sin has wrought on it and our bodies are perfected. The only thing i can say for sure, is one day we will find out.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus' heavenly body may have resembled his human body, but it wasn't the same body. If you'll notice in the story where Jesus visits his disciples, he was able to transform himself by walking through the door where they were gathered without opening it. He walked through it. Jesus wasn't walking through doors before His death.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Here's one for you, can you see the crescent moon and star in the moon?

Here's the toyota logo, see the sign for the bullcult? The Canaanite goddess Ashera's symbol was the bull or calf, or the golden calf. Ashera's husband was Ba'al or Molech.

Here's a representation of what an idol of Molech looked like with a depiction of sacrificing a son or daughter to Molech (done for prosperity or wealth and riches).

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Actually, all of modern christianity is corrupted....its not just catholic christianity. Christianity became corrupted the moment Constantine got involved. Non-semitic europeans handled semitic religious concepts resulting in what we know today as "christianity".

What we have now as christianity is a faint echo of the original message of Jesus.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You just keep spewing anti-Catholic bullcrap ... :shk:
I was going to go line by line and show all the errors.
But it would take too long and you won't listen to facts that don't agree with your cult anyways.

ATS should close this forum.
It's useless and just provides a soap box for ignorance.
This thread being a case in point.
edit on 4/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Buahahaha
, keep hugging those idols.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

ROFL
, right
. Walking around a blackstone, praying to it and kissing it isn't? MMM, lovingly stroking a rock, and praying to it.

Here's whats actually inside the Ka'aba! An idol to Shiva "the Destroyer", see the crescent moon witht the star in the center of the V?

edit on 21-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Non-semitic europeans handled semitic religious concepts resulting in what we know today as "christianity".

Where catholicism went wrong is they tried to say Yeshua is a 3 headed God and they made too many concessions with the pagans to convert them. I only have one God and he is Yeshua the Great I AM, the Lion of Judah.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Just what does the Kaaba have to do with your thread???
Instead of addressing what I said earlier, you bring up a completely irrelevant subject.... because you obviously have nothing else to say. Why don't you make a thread about it? Might fetch you some stars and flags... or perhaps you purposely want this thread to get derailed?

Its funny how you tell a Catholic to "keep hugging those idols"...when you are guilty of something just as bad, or even worse. At least the Catholics have not removed God out of the "trinity". You, on the other hand have removed God entirely from your beliefs and turned Jesus.... a man into God himself.

edit on 21-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Where catholicism went wrong is they tried to say Yeshua is a 3 headed God and they made too many concessions with the pagans to convert them. I only have one God and he is Yeshua the Great I AM, the Lion of Judah.

Catholics don't say "Yeshua is a 3 headed God". Are you making this up?

You say you have one God who you call Yeshua.... because you think the "trinity" is polytheism.
However, you have ended up completely removing God from the equation and made Jesus into your God.

This is the most bizarre take on christianity I've witnessed so far.

edit on 21-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Where catholicism went wrong is they tried to say Yeshua is a 3 headed God ..

He makes up nearly everything he posts. The lies that he doesn't make up himself, he gets from his anti-catholic Baptist missionary sources and Jack Chick tracts. When I come across the bunk he posts here, I'll go around behind him scolding him for engaging in telling lies ... but he still doesn't stop.

Example from the opening post - "AD 1215 Dogma of trans-substantiation " is what he posted ... However, the truth is that the Catholic church has ALWAYS believed in trans-substantiation. Many people were martyred for this belief in the very early church. It is NOT against scripture (as anti-catholic lonewolf claims) but indeed is in scripture .. John 6. Amen Amen, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you will have no life within you. Like it or not .. and clearly lonewolf doesn't like it ... the Catholic belief that Christ is present in the Eucharist is very much part of scripture.

Another example from the opening post of this thread ... he puts that Catholics start worshipping Mary in the 700s. But the TRUTH is that Catholics do not worship Mary and the Catholic Catechism is VERY CLEAR that worship belongs to God alone. Cathollics believe in the Communion of Saints ... which means that everyone prays for everyone else and that we are to ask others to pray for us. That's not even close to 'worship'. He's been told this time and time again and yet he still posted the error that Catholics worship Mary in the opening post.

The anti-Catholic lies that are posted are pretty damn sad and totally unworthy of people who supposedly claim to be Christian.

edit on 4/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Lonewolf invented a god he calls Yeshua, so where does that put him?
I don't think he has any room to be calling anyone a heretic when he is not even a Christian.
Christians believe in the Christian Bible, otherwise known as the New Testament, that is about Jesus.
edit on 21-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

he believes YHWH is Jesus...

it puts him in line with the trinity and regardless he believes in God, there is nothing more to it actually.

we're here in this section to research beliefs, not to attack others.
edit on 21-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Reincarnation and the Bible. Biblical texts that seem to imply belief in reincarnation:
1. Matthew 11,14 and 17,12-13, concerning the identity of John the Baptist;
2. John 9,2, "Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?";
3. John 3,3, "No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again";
4. James 3,6, "the wheel of nature";
5. Galatians 6,7, "A man reaps what he sows";
6. Matthew 26,52, "all who draw the sword will die by the sword";
7. Revelation 13,10, "If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed."
I will not at this time expound on these, but if your read the passages, you will see what I mean. Many Christians would be surprised to learn that the resurrection of corpses did not originate with Christianity nor with Judaism. It originated with the Zoroastrian religion in ancient Persia. (Iran)
Scientific Proof of Reincarnation
I have been seeing the dead all of my life. So have many thousands of people all over the world. Just because your book doesn't talk about it doesn't mean it is not real.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

autowrench... do you believe Jesus is God and do you believe in God at all?

if you don't mind indulging me.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You don't think this thread was created to attack others?

About this god that Lonewolf made, it is not Jesus or God, or anyone else. It is a god made up by people with the intention of subverting and ultimately destroying Christianity and outlawing it as an offense to Jews, where saying the name of Jesus will be considered "hate speech".
Look at the Book of Acts, where the disciples were arrested and beaten for "saying the name". The name they were saying was not Yeshua, which would have been ignored, but they were saying, Jesus, which they took offence to and threatened their lives for saying. The same sort of people are doing that today and Lonewolf appears to have been taken in by that spirit of antichrist.
edit on 21-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You don't think this thread was created to attack others?

no it wasn't but you're being judgmental proclaiming what lonewolf has created...

theist are friendlier vibes go around and rub off on others.

I believe in Jesus and that he was God but I also believe in Karma

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join