It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the out rage for Daniel Adkins, the mentally disabled 29yr. old shot in AZ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Daniel Adkins, a 29 yr. old mentally disabled Hispanic male was almost hit by a car while walking his dog past a Taco-Bell near Phoenix,AZ. Daniel and the black male driver apparently had an argument before Daniel was shot and killed by the driver. The driver called police and reported the shooting. He claimed that Daniel was swinging a metal pole at him and he shot in self-defense, but a weapon was never found. The only thing Daniel had in his hand was the end of his Golden Retrievers leash. The Driver never exited his vehicle. He shot Daniel through the open window. The shooter was not arrested and after 11 days, he is still free!

Where is the msm on this one? Why are there no protests?

About 7:30 p.m., a 22-year-old man and his girlfriend ordered food at the Taco Bell drive-thru and were told to pull up while their order was prepared. At the same time, Adkins stepped around a corner into the path of the vehicle and angry words were exchanged between he and the driver. They got into an altercation and Adkins was shot once by the driver. He died at the scene. The driver, a 22-year-old black male, called police but has not been arrested. At first, the couple claimed that Adkins had a metal pipe that he swung at them -- but it turns out he was holding a dog leash with his yellow lab on the other end. Family members want that driver arrested, but he's claiming self-defense.

www.myfoxphoenix.com...
www.myfoxphoenix.com...

edit on 15-4-2012 by BrittanyLea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Nobody mentioned color or politics such are the media we endure.Your Daniel is lost in the mix.I don't know all the particulars of that story enough to comment on it, perhaps there is your explanation.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

think about your response before you respond. turn the other cheek so lots of innocents don't die in a huge race war. you'll be angry at yourself for the destruction that follows if everyone keeps calling out for revenge.

i'm not happy about this at all, but be the better "side" and let it go. (the sides don't actually exist)

edit on 15-4-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Please be mindful that it's not easy to care when there are so many good shows on tv to watch.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

think about your response before you respond. turn the other cheek so lots of innocents don't die in a huge race war. you'll be angry at yourself for the destruction that follows if everyone keeps calling out for revenge.

Does this not sound like possible revenge?? A black man kills a white-Hispanic and claims "self-defense"?
This may be a revenge act in and of it's self. If more events like this happen, are we going to ignore them? Does this not seem coincidental?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

yeah, you just got slapped in the face due to a perceived injustice. now, what are you going to do about it?

you want revenge, and as you and others seek revenge, you're going to get lots of innocents killed. this isolated event will become huge riots in major cities if people don't learn to let water pass under the bridge.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea

Does this not sound like possible revenge?? A black man kills a white-Hispanic and claims "self-defense"?
This may be a revenge act in and of it's self. If more events like this happen, are we going to ignore them? Does this not seem coincidental?

You seem new here, so I will try to be nice about this. Please stop with the race baiting. I have seen you do it multiple threads. ATS doesnt need people like you. You are obviously trying to divide people based on color.

Im sure you believe Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty, right? So why are you trying to promote outrage in this case, where the shooter was the one who called 9/11? Furthermore, in the story you posted, the police chief says:

Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “Just because we don’t book a person immediately does not mean we don’t charge a person at a later date.”

When this man gets charged, will you come back to ATS and make a big stink thread about it? I didnt think so.
edit on 15-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
No! It is not about that at all. Did no one read these articles? It's an injustice. A man was killed for no reason. The killer has still not been arrested for over a week. How is this not an important issue? Please explain to me how it is wrong to post about this incident. I recapped the article and then posted. I didn't say one racist thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

yeah, you just got slapped in the face due to a perceived injustice. now, what are you going to do about it?

you want revenge, and as you and others seek revenge, you're going to get lots of innocents killed. this isolated event will become huge riots in major cities if people don't learn to let water pass under the bridge.

It's not about revenge. I've never been a vengeful person at all. I just thought it was important for people to hear about this case. I mean, the only ones reporting it are local news stations. Why doesn't this man deserve to be heard about? Honestly, I don't even know how posting an article is considered seeking revenge.

Also, I hardly think that letting a murder slip by is "letting water pass under the bridge."
edit on 15-4-2012 by BrittanyLea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

In terms of political currency, this story "ain't worth a dime".

It wouldn't benefit or promote a political ideology.

And that's what we've all become. Fodder for a political advantage.
Left/right it doesn't matter.

"Does it benefit me?" is the thinking on events such as these.

Pity that we have reduced the value of human life to a currency that we can benefit from.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

You seem new here, so I will try to be nice about this.

I have more posts than you, so I will try to be nice about this. I don't see her race baiting, I see her comparing two similar cases, and wondering why one outraged the country while the other is going to be swept under the rug. It's actually a very interesting topic. She seems to be calling the media out on their race baiting.

A members tenure should have no bearing on the validity of a thread they post. Or opinions they express. Before I started this account, WAY back in the day people didn't act like that. A first post was viewed with the same respect as a poster who had been here for years. Should your posts be considered less credible based on your time here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP this is an interesting thread. One thing I learned from the Trayvon nonsense (I believe I said this in the other thread) is that it's not wise to jump to conclusions. I think it's a tragedy when anyone dies, and it seems from the limited information this was not a justifiable homicide. That being said, it's important to let justice run it's course.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

This is getting to be crazy. We are starting to see what I was hoping to never see, something that I read about in the history books...the race wars. This country is so screwed up and misguided. They think "oh well the media says that a white (who they fail to mention is also half hispanic but I guess since he is half white lets just say hes all white, like rounding up the number 5 to 10) man killed a black boy who was holding skittles and did nothing, resulting in him shooting the poor boy, better start hating the whites." I mean I am 19...and everyone comes across a little racism in their life, I got called a cracker and a nigga the other day all in one sentence by a black kid at my college, you know what I did? Not a thing. Simply because I am sick of the racism. That is what TPTB want us to do, hate eachother so much that we cannot unite as one and fight revolt. You folks dont realize it, but the government does what it does to control us by all means for one reason, they are scared of us. But they are smart, they know how we have worked previously so they think it will work again...that by feeding the media machine this story about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman so much that we literally choke on it as if it actually has any effect on our daily lives, we will fight eachother instead of the man behind the curtain...and guess what guys? Its working. They have complete control right now, I cant go an hour without seeing a facebook post or a news segment about Trayvon. Like really please I will literally get on my knees and kiss your shoes in complete devotion to you if you all just open your eyes. Stop watching the tv and more importantly, educate yourself on what is REALLY going on

-TrollerTrollzo

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I am almost positive your being sarcastic, and it made me laugh...this is something I would say to people when I am ranting about how stupid and mindless people have become.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thank you. I'll ask for the post to be removed myself if it becomes a problem. I just wanted to post the articles and see what others thought on the issue. It does seem like the media is trying to stir fear and hate. This incident proves that. I'm really not trying to spread hate. I won't say that a wrong thought never crosses my mind, but who can?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
No! It is not about that at all. Did no one read these articles? It's an injustice. A man was killed for no reason. The killer has still not been arrested for over a week. How is this not an important issue? Please explain to me how it is wrong to post about this incident. I recapped the article and then posted. I didn't say one racist thing.

If the police arrest this man, before a Grand Jury indictment is brought against him and the trial results in an acquittal this puts the arresting officers in a tenuous position where the shooter acquitted for self defense can turn around and demand justice for false arrest. Let due process take its course. Many people are not formally charged with a crime until a indictment is obtained by a Grand Jury.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Goddamn wascally wabit! How do you always seem to say the right thing? You've actually got me clicking on threads that I see you last posted on. I like the calm, rational approach. Very impressed with you. Don't let it go to your ears.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

actually how are the comments race baiting

I have been here longer.... the words are speculation... you may want to say that perhaps better words should have been chosen... it is close to the line but not over it

A valid point is that now instead of gently moving the focus of the thread to the fact a disabled man was killed and the killer drove away scott free...

like OMG... OMFG

still makes no sense...

What happens is that the cops took the information and let him go... SOP... hey coppers out there, correct us if I am wrong

If he had ran away, he would then be guilty period. Like another over mentioned case here, there is a process being used

The OP's main question is valid... so here let me restate it

Why is the media ignoring the murder of a disabled man by a completely healthy man? This is an example of disability bigotry...

As for the death, what part did race play in it?

the parallel is there

Half hispanic man kills black man
Black man kills hispanic man

therefore the question is there, was it a revenge killing for Trayvon?

I guarantee you the police are looking over open sources of intelligence on the shooter... he better hope his is smart enough not to post or brag on social media or in texts

The day a question is stupid or inappropriate pack your bags and leave. Truth is dead at that point, completely dead.

Questions are the only reliable tool in the quest to deny ignorance. The only tool ... (the main part of the scientific method is asking a question)

The media does not care that a disabled man was killed in cold blood, why is that?

Now if your complaint is over jumping to conclusion then yes you have point, but I believe the OP was trying to ask a valid question

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The question isnt why doesnt this man deserve to be heard about, the question is why does the Trayvon Martin case get so much media attention in the first place, it has became blatantly obvious that they are purposly over-doing it for one reason....to get people going. So they hate one another so much that it is impossibe to unite let alone see the true problems facing this country right now. They want a race war....and so far the masses are complying, the best question perhaps is when will the people actually buying into this wake up and see? I for one have, and I refuse to be subjected to such pootnany. Its getting to be insane how far into this we are, and how we just let it consume us....its vial, literally disgusting to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Op,

It is a clear indication to me, in my opinion, that news story's like the Florida shooting, are nothing more then political steam. Steam used to build up pressure in areas the politics want steam built. People die, every day, all over the country, from accidents, to murders, to people simply being tired of their mortal coil.

How the media is portraying one item, and how they completely ignore a similar scenario, just with different "actors" should be very telling, in and of it self. What I draw from it, may differ from what you draw from it. The beauty of interpretation.

Justice should be blind, in this day and age, justice is anything but. I dare say, there is no such thing anymore.

My thoughts and prayers to the young man's family, and his dog.

May justice be served.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I believe you brought up a point in the other thread about media attention, and how that could essentially end up freeing the supposed perpetrator. I was worried about this with the Trayvon case. With so much national attention, is it possible to have a fair trial? I thought I had read about a few cases where the accused could not be tried, because there was so much attention, hate and vitriol directed towards them. I may be off here, and my Google machine broke earlier. I forgot to lube the muffler bearings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join