It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the out rage for Daniel Adkins, the mentally disabled 29yr. old shot in AZ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I believe you brought up a point in the other thread about media attention, and how that could essentially end up freeing the supposed perpetrator. I was worried about this with the Trayvon case. With so much national attention, is it possible to have a fair trial? I thought I had read about a few cases where the accused could not be tried, because there was so much attention, hate and vitriol directed towards them. I may be off here, and my Google machine broke earlier. I forgot to lube the muffler bearings.

Members of a jury have an obligation to presume innocence and high expectations of the state proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the shooter is guilty. In proving this, mens rea is part of that proof, which means the state has an obligation to prove the shooter had a guilty mind. Because of this a thorough investigation is necessary, and people are not as stupid as some would claim they are. If the shooter is arrested, and he has effective representation, that defense team, or lawyer will vet the jury pool doing their best to obtain a jury panel that will fulfill their obligation of a presumption of innocence.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I don't see her race baiting, I see her comparing two similar cases, and wondering why one outraged the country while the other is going to be swept under the rug.

Oh no? Lets check.

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
A black man kills a white-Hispanic and claims "self-defense"?
This may be a revenge act in and of it's self. If more events like this happen, are we going to ignore them?

Boy, that doesnt sound like trying to promote division at all...hell, shes practically singing Kum Bai Yah!

I have more posts than you, so I will try to be nice about this.

But you cant say you have been around longer, can you? I guess post count = more authority, huh? Or more posts means that Im new? Im not following you. This poster has less than 50 posts. I think I was justified in what I said.

Go chase a mouse.
edit on 15-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

So the OP poses questions and instead of trying to answer the questions, you attack her for the questions asked?

What would be YOUR answers to the questions posed?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You seem new here, so I will try to be nice about this.

I have more posts than you, so I will try to be nice about this. I don't see her race baiting, I see her comparing two similar cases, and wondering why one outraged the country while the other is going to be swept under the rug. It's actually a very interesting topic. She seems to be calling the media out on their race baiting.

A members tenure should have no bearing on the validity of a thread they post. Or opinions they express. Before I started this account, WAY back in the day people didn't act like that. A first post was viewed with the same respect as a poster who had been here for years. Should your posts be considered less credible based on your time here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP this is an interesting thread. One thing I learned from the Trayvon nonsense (I believe I said this in the other thread) is that it's not wise to jump to conclusions. I think it's a tragedy when anyone dies, and it seems from the limited information this was not a justifiable homicide. That being said, it's important to let justice run it's course.

Bravo Zulu Domo! I couldn't agree more with your post.

I was pondering whether or not to post a thread about this incident earlier but unfortunately I was leery about exactly what the OP was accused of. It is really sad that we have sank to the point of being labeled a "race baiter" or a bigot for simply pointing out the tremendous bias that has engulfed our nation when it comes to race issues.

Whether or not people want to admit it we are all being played by the likes of the Reverends(?) Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Farrakhan as well as the MSM and the politicians with both sides of their two faced ideals. People just continue to buy into the political and social race baiting and that will be our downfall.

IMHO the reason we have not seen this plastered all over the MSM is because doing that would retract from the racial division that TPTB are so desperately trying to instill in us. The OP has a legitimate reason to question this, as we all do. The fact that all we've seen from the MSM over the last month is the Trayvon case yet not a peep on this story speaks volumes about the agenda at hand.

Sadly I think that we may very well start seeing more incidents such as this in the coming months and I sincerely doubt that it will get any better anytime soon. The fuse has been lit by the Trayvon case and if we are not careful we may see the rise ignite a major racial conflict in this nation.

It would definately serve a purpose to TPTB, perhaps a full implementation of the NDRP act or a number of other plausible scenarios. Regardless of the outcome, it is really starting to look like we are in for a very rough ride.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

We can't just ignore that this happened right in the middle of this racially charged circus. Also, I only said that was a possibility. Do you really think that I'm the only person that think it was possible? Not to mention, you completely took it out of context. I was responding to a post that accused me of being out for revenge. I was not the first person to bring up revenge. I responded to the first post to bring up revenge. No friends on ATS yet, but looks like I've already made an enemy.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea

We can't just ignore that this happened right in the middle of this racially charged circus. Also, I only said that was a possibility. Do you really think that I'm the only person that think it was possible? Not to mention, you completely took it out of context. I was responding to a post that accused me of being out for revenge. I was not the first person to bring up revenge. I responded to the first post to bring up revenge. No friends on ATS yet, but looks like I've already made an enemy.

Nah, I'll add you to friends.
edit on 4/15/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

OK, explain to me how this is a hoax???

Yes I commented on a thread today that was about a racial issue. I don't believe that I was racist in my comments. The thread was about a racial issue though, so how could I have posted on it with out involving race?

This is all very strange to me. I have a bi-racial nephew and my husbands step-father is black, and I have never been accused of being a racist. In fact I've been called some pretty bad names and gotten some evil eyed stares for taking my nephew to the park.

This just seemed to be something that people should hear about. That's it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thank you to the OP for bringing this to my attention! I had not heard about it, is that a shock ... no not really, but it is interesting, and yes, you did ask some good questions in your OP, I must say that I don't think this guy would have been killed if Zimmerman was arrested earlier. It is sad that both guys are now dead, but how far are we the people of the USA going to take this??

I say let justice be served, even if it's in the hands of a Florida jury in one case
and in the other case let the police do their job ....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The only real similarity between this case and Zimmerman/Martin is that both shooters are claiming self defense. In the case of Zimmerman there is a good possibility that he did act in self defense, this is backed up by witnesses and the police report. In this case, the shooter's self defense claim is debunked due to lack of the metal pipe which Adkins was supposedly swinging. Besides self defense claims, however, the cases are almost opposites.

Adkins was walking his dog near a Taco Bell; Martin was walking around "suspiciously" within a gated community.
Zimmerman, older, killed Trayvon, younger. Adkins, the older man, was slain in this case by a younger man.

Justice would see this man arrested and tried; there was no weapon found, therefore there is a strong amount of reasonable doubt in regards to his honesty. Regardless of his race, this man should be tried for second degree murder. Just because we can prosecute the guy doesn't mean there needs to be a media circus around the case.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
In this case, the shooter's self defense claim is debunked due to lack of the metal pipe which Adkins was supposedly swinging.

Not to mention the fact that according to the article I read, the shooter was inside his vehicle when he shot Adkins. Pretty hard to claim that you were in imminent threat of bodily harm or death when you could have driven away.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
www.myfoxphoenix.com...

He was holding a leash.

Does anyone know if he had a packet of skittles?

A metal pipe or bat was never located. An independent witness did say Adkins swung his fists in the driver's direction. “He swung his fist towards the driver window, and at some point the driver shot him,” says Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “Just because we don’t book a person immediately does not mean we don’t charge a person at a later date.”

It does sound like he took some swings though. Who know's.

Anyone that carries a weapon is a coward you know. A scared coward.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Adkins was shot dead and there was no evidence to corroborate self defense

however, there is evidence the murderer should have been arrested on the spot,

by calling 9/11 and admitting he shot Adkins but oncocting a story from his car that Adkin was wielding a metal pipe (lies).

Cops claim they could not find the gun the gunman admitted to using to kill Adkins (!), yet did not arrest him over that ambiguity.

and claim they have not ruled out self defense even though there was no metal pipe.

Do the math? the cops are corroborating the gunman's unidentified thus illegal (unregistered) gun and his self-defense cockamaimee story.

Why are the cops on the killer's side?

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This is definitely equally outrageous. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
People are shot and killed every day.

Should I rage over each one?
If I did I'd be a mental case.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Desensitization & indifference are the neutral area

i would think the other extreme (to outrage) is common in society too:
people who side or sympathize with the killer perhaps because of current social issues or they would cap someone too that got on their 'nerves'.

it boils down to a lack of respect for human life, each and every time of too many that someone is killed rather randomly, senseless

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'll just repost what I posted in the other thread about this..

Even if the guy posed a threat, to shoot him dead, in public, have the police come and then not even arrest the shooter?? I mean WTF?

Even if it was self defence and the guy was going to "Punch" someone.... that doesn't mean he deserved to be shot dead.

And just to let the guy walk away, while an investigation is carried out... as if NO CRIME has been committed.... just shows how backwards, retarded and ridiculous gun laws and "killing people" are in America.

What an absolute joke.

If this and The Martin/Zimmerman case are both examples of "stand your ground" then this "law" needs to be scrapped right now

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join