It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look What I Found Today....Animal Lovers Only LOL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
OK pet lovers....get ready to say awwwww.....When I went outside today I discovered the stray cat I feed had babies. I just thought i would share with other animal lovers here. She had them in a flower pot and I tried to move them to a comfy box, but she kept putting them back in the flower pot

So I just put a baby blanket in there.

I think it's so cute how she keeps trying to pull the blanket over them! She is purring so hard you can hear it in the video .....
She's a very sweet cat who adopted me. Someone dumped her at the end of my road....In the second one, I love how she looks up and does that cute meow as if to say "aren't they adorable?" LOL!

ETA....please excuse the pathetic "baby talk" I'm doing
I can't help it when I see her!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I hope they make that squeaky "mew!" sound!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well congratulations mama

I had the same thing happen with me at my place. I basically adopted 3 of them and gave away 2. I went ahead and paid to have them 'fixed' and get their shots, The vet gave me a discount and praised me for my efforts. The cost for all 3 was 80 dollars total. They clip the female's ear too, so that it is known they have been neutered.

I kept them all outside, for I wanted them to remain somewhat wildish. I live out in the sticks, with just a few neighbors. I fed them until summer then they went out on their own, coming back a few times, but able to fend for themselves. Now 1 of them still shows up each fall, and I feed her and built a small shelter outside for her. She hangs out until spring and then just shows up sporadically, but is basically self sufficient. That is, unless she is getting fed by the neighbors.

Anyways, it seems to be a good balance, but it is the country too.
Enjoy the pleasure...

spec
edit on 14-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

They do....it's so sweet. I think you can hear it a little in the second one

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hey Spec! I do plan on having her spayed since she has decided to stay for good. I didn't have the money when she first showed up and stole my heart

I had planned on doing it, but evidently, there was a tomcat doing some "prowlin" hehe....so....too late. But I'm going to do it as soon as she finishes nursing these. Believe it or not, I have already found homes for them all (thank God!).....so as soon as they are old enough, they all have good homes to go to.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Awwwwwwww! Soooooo sweet!!!!!!!!! I think it's awesome that she adopted you and that you have found homes for her babies. Also glad to hear that she will be spayed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Can i hold one ?

adorable video

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

A couple of years ago, one wandered up that looked almost exactly like her...people just dump animals off like trash.
I don't want her to have any more kittens.....but I would have taken care of these if I had not found homes for them.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

sure.....if you have very long arms!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oh this makes my black cement heart get kinda melty

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I love cats too!!! ♥♥♥

and thanks for sharing

edit on 15-4-2012 by Luckyxfactor because: ♥

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
LOVE kitties! My current baby was born in my neighbor's garden and I happened to be in mine when he was walking down the street with the kittens in a box. I always wanted a black cat so there was no way I was letting him get away. Eventually I would like to get 2 more black kitties since they are always in abundance at the shelter. Crazy that people still get all skittish around them...or worse...think hurting them will gain them something. I'd have a farm for them if I could and adopt a whole legion, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
always remember that cats want to take over the earth and are just waiting for mother nature to give them thumbs to be able to open tins of cat food and then the human race will perish
but they look a lively lot and hope they do well so i may be spared when the feline overlords take over

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Oh wow...listen to that lady purr! Cats are wonderful mothers...just look at her loving it!

Thanks for posting that

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Very cute, Mama. Now, get her fixed. I'm sure you'll find good homes for the kittens. And eventually she'll be living with you. That's always how it is with stray cats. They inch their way in little by little.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Good for you StealthyKat!!!!

Thank you for taking care of
this Momma and her kittens.

We have a family run sanctuary for
sick and injured felines. Started the
same way by taking care of those
that were abandoned on our country road.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow...I didn't expect as many views as this got, but I'm glad so many people appreciate the simple beauty of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh and just as a sidenote...they all have official names now

They were born in a flower pot, which used to grow roses

There are 3 girls and one boy

So with the above facts, I and the adoptive parents chose these names

3 girls are named

Rose
Ruby (the rose type was Morden Ruby)
Blossom

and the boy's name is.... either Potsy...(because he was born in a flower pot) or.... Thorn

edit on 4/16/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hey Stealthy.

Nice choice of names for the new members of your family.
My vote for the new boy is Potsy. Kind of a throwback to
Happy days.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

..... The lady who wants him came up with that! I'm going to try to get a picture of them individually asap. They each have a completely different look and the most precious little faces!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join