It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police let unlicensed gunman, who killed unarmed customer, get away with bloody murder at Taco Bell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

I just re-watched two more times, where do they say that? It only says "he" was walking, and they say he was "carrying a leash" not "walking a dog?"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It says it in several articles.

www.chicagonewsreport.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

At first, the couple claimed that Adkins had a metal pipe that he swung at them -- but it turns out he was holding a dog leash with his yellow lab on the other end.

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In truth I don't believe that race was a factor in either instance, but the anti-discrimination folks, like Sharpton, always make it about that. I guess they have to prove that they are still relevant by getting in the press somehow. Even this family has stated that this is not a race issue, and they don't really want it turning into one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Indeed. Theyre trying to make it out to be more than what it is, which is what those kind of vultures always try to do. When the whole Zimmerman/Trayvon thing first started the media jumped the bandwagon and started saying it was a white guy and NBC was actually caught editing key components out of the recording to inflame the masses. Then Trayvon's mother got on TV and said she believed it was an accident and when her lawyers talked to her she got back on the hate crime wagon and recanted that statement.

Thats what i hate about this country, anytime something happens it automatically becomes a race issue before anyone even bothers to actually take a look at the evidence and what exactly happened. Today is no different than the 1600's, we still have witch hunts, just of a different type and the media is the very first source that cries and points the finger while accusing "WITCH!"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea

At first, the couple claimed that Adkins had a metal pipe that he swung at them -- but it turns out he was holding a dog leash with his yellow lab on the other end.

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

Right, like the dog is running around lose with no leash and the fellow just happens to be going to taco bell carrying a leadpipe.

Either someone is lying, or someone is very severely retarded and cannot tell that a guy in a taco bell parkinglot is going to get some chow.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Here in UK, if I found someone burgeling my house and I punched him out cold, I'd get prosecuted.

It's a truley sad state of affairs if your allowed to kill a man in any circumstances and not have heavy repercussions.

He should be arrested no questions.

Such a messed up system you have in USA.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Here in UK, if I found someone burgeling my house and I punched him out cold, I'd get prosecuted.

I actually find this to be a sadder state of affairs then we have here in the US.
You obviously have no right to protect yourself, your family, or your property.
As a matter of fact your leaps ahead of the US in being a police state.
So let me ask you...
Does your government equally refuse to go to war to protect its assets?
I mean we all know that the UK doesn't have a history of colonizing other peoples countries, for their personal profit, then using their armed forces to enforce their rules upon them, or anything.
Rather hypocritical thinking on their part, IMHO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

BTW, weren't you guys having some issue with folks breaking into peoples homes, changing the locks, and the police refusing to do anything about it? Letting criminals stay in your property, and have access to all your belongings?

Between that and all the security cameras over there, sounds like a great place...
I think I might just consider moving there if they're out of room in frozen over hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm allowed to restrain and sit on him/her. No hitting or biting.

Yeah I get what your saying, it's pretty bad here too, though I did word part of that post wrong, because in truely self defensive situations it may be your only chance, to kill someone.

But here it seems rediculous, sounds like he brought a gun to a fist fight, did he try rolling up his window? Did he try reversing if there was nothing behind him? It seems like there could have been a multitude of things he could have done otherwise, but jumps straight to the gun. What are your kids really being taught that this is how they deal with hard situations?

Edit: your talking about Squatters Rights in your second post. I believe Simpsons did it too, so you may have this law over there, or maybe in certain states, or you dropped the law sometime ago.

Squatting Laws worldwide:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-4-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Its a law problem.
We have too many of them anymore, and they are starting to conflict with one another.
You have all these interest groups lobbying for them, and politicians pass them because they get lobbied too, or because they are popular with the constituents, with no thought if they're good.
This “stand your ground” thing was put in by the gun lobby, and its not going to last much longer, its already causing too many problems, and conflicting with other laws.

Right now, I can claim that I believe someone is brandishing a weapon, claim I am “standing my ground”, and pretty much get away with it, like this guy has so far. Since they made the brandishing laws so ridiculous to cover when police, banks, etc... “believe” someone has a weapon, common sense is no longer even a factor in claiming someone is “brandishing”.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

We had a real crackdown about 10 years ago when an innocent man was shot by police on the London Underground, actually it was not long after 9/11 and the world was living in fear of dark skinned people with backpacks.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Shooting someone in your house is very different from shooting them out in public, in most states.

I would suggest the burgelers should try my neighbors house, not mine, for their own safely. Cause they would not survive otherwise. On second thought, neighbors would shoot them also.

People should be polite, and not fight. There is no way to know how dangerous someone is by looking at them. Looks can be deceiving. We have martial artists here, dangerous without a gun. Just don;t even try it. Stay home at night, don;t make trouble. Or you get dead...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
How can the cops let this guy claim self defense? He was sitting in a car if he felt threatened all he had to do was put the car in drive and hit the gas.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by defcon5

It's a truley sad state of affairs if your allowed to kill a man in any circumstances and not have heavy repercussions.

He should be arrested no questions.

Such a messed up system you have in USA.

Indeed.... even if the guy posed a threat, to shoot him dead, in public, have the police come and then not even arrest the shooter?? I mean WTF?

Even if it was self defence and the guy was going to "Punch" someone.... that doesn't mean he deserved to be shot dead.

And just to let the guy walk away, while an investigation is carried out... as if NO CRIME has been committed.... just shows how backwards, retarded and ridiculous gun laws and "killing people" are in America.

What an absolute joke.

If this and The Martin/Zimmerman case are both examples of "stand your ground" then this "law" needs to be scrapped right now.
edit on 15/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

assuming they bothered to run the suspect to see if there is a gun license, and if there isn't - means its was an illegal carry.

edit on 14-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

Since when do you need a license to carry?

As a gun owner the most common misconception I educate people about is the fact that you do not need a license or you do not need a permit to carry. Only a permit to purchase a handgun is required.

On the other hand, an individual can receive a gun from a relative like his father as a gift and that's perfectly legal.
edit on 15-4-2012 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I dont know where this happened but in most states it is perfectly legal to carry a loaded fire arm in your vehicle without a permit. Im not saying it makes it a justified shooting, but know your gun laws before making assumptions.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

If you caught someone in your home here and punched then out, you'd get a medal. And probably questioned why you didnt kill the moron. But yet in your country you would get prosecuted for an unwanted stranger coming in to your private residence and taking your personal property without your permission. And we have a messed up system? Are you serious? Somebody needs to tell your lawmakers to lay of the sauce....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

No he was being a little sarcastic.

You are well within your rights to use reasonable force to protect your self and your family if an intruder breaks into your house.

Smashing their head into the floor and killing them would not be reasonable.... neither would stabbing them 34 times.

But Using a bat, crowbar, or any other blunt instrument to disable the attacker and/or restraining them, knocking them out or anything else you like is also OK.

Chasing them out of your house and beating them to within an inch of their life in the street is not OK.

Don't get me wrong, If someone broke into my house I have things to protect myself with and the person would be sorry that they did break in.... but I'm not insane and neither would I want to kill the person.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Demand justice. Make them have to pay the price for bad behavior.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

As far as I've always seen. Where a death has occurred or a weapon was involved, the police take everyone down to the station to put them in separate rooms and question each one by themselves. Why all of a sudden they just let people walk away with only they're name now I have no idea whats up with that. Seems more like they are just being lazy in they're investigation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join