It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All sorts of matter from what look like a second big bang is coming in at a fast speed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but what is your point? To me that is like saying, what if there were hail stones the size of Buicks?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123
the big bang is a theory,and a weak one at that.

Interestingly scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which occurred immediately before the Big Bang. The sound is proving difficult to decipher, but they have narrowed it down to either "Oops" or "Ohh sxxt"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123
the big bang is a theory,and a weak one at that.

Not so sure, I put the Big Bang theory to the test last night. And it's true, fat women are more grateful.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, I read the OP and was quite uninterested but then I read all the replies... Nice to see there is still a good sense of humour on ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by artistpoet
Good find Op
Glad someone is on the ball...............Or off his rocker

Good find? What did he find except stating something that hasn't happened? Or, has no source?

Off his rocker..

well i think its an interesting theory, and it may have happened many times before...

(if things remotely work how we think they might)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a "second" shockwave from a "big bang" would probably support multiple "universes" like Bubbles. I'd thought as a kid that the "expansion constant" of the Universe would accelerate either due to the influence of gravity from these other "bubbles" or due to particles getting smaller (relative to space getting larger -- it becomes a geometric change).

However, a 2nd Big Bang shockwave event might not resemble the shockwave from a bomb -- as the Universe did NOT explode outward -- but space expanded causing everything to spread apart (according to the standard theory).

So the remnants of the Big Bang are witnessed billions of light years away ONLY because at that distance, we see what happened billions of years ago (like the Universal Background Radiation).

If there were a 2nd Big Bang from another Universe -- we might not notice it at all, except as some huge gravity wave. Like little birds on the ocean, we might just bobble up and down and be unaware of the event. The OTHER possibility is that if the other Universe were not connected with us in a dimensional sense - then the direction and location of the "bang" effects might not show up coming from a certain direction -- but as non-localized events. Something like a Quasar might be the upwelling of such a cataclysm -- and we don't know if the microseconds of a new Universe translate to eons here or vise-versa.

>> When thinking of infinite and larger things -- it's important to understand that your 4 dimensional frame of reference might not be the right way to understand these things.

We ultimately can only judge from what we can observe -- and our entire Universe could be on the head of a pin, or lasting a nanosecond in a larger Universe -- or some other reality even stranger. There is no way to know with our technology and point of view at the moment.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's not possible for the Big Bang to happen again. The way the universe is now does not translate in anyway for the "big bang" to happen again. Read up on what the big bang actually is. Sorry but what the OP is saying doesn't even make sense.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I hope you all guys know that after the universe will have expanded to full potency, there will be a "big crunch", so after that, all of the universe's mass will be "consumed" and put into a ball, then a big bang will happen, sorry to deceive you man !

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
It's not possible for the Big Bang to happen again. The way the universe is now does not translate in anyway for the "big bang" to happen again. Read up on what the big bang actually is. Sorry but what the OP is saying doesn't even make sense.

What if the thoery is only slightly wrong...
We assume that our universe is the result of this "incident" taking place within our universe, becasue science tells us that it has to be that way only becasue there have yet to be any "proven" alternative universes/dimensions,

M theory and string theory both seem to make those alternatives a "plausability" and when you think about gravity waves and membranes interacting with eachother as supposed in a previous post above, then what is to say that there could not have been some type of multi galactic inter dimensional bleed through which dislodged some random singularity and then began to pour through into out reality?

In short, isnt it plausable that the "big bang" didnt even happen in our universe....yet

forget the economy..perhaps THAT is the next bubble to pop...

HEADLINES for 12-22-2012 : Universal expansion too big for its own good!

Originally posted by TheLastStand
WTF there is nothing there, no substance, what-so-ever. How the hell is it this thread has more stars for providing NOTHING, than some threads I've seen that have been extremely well researched and have heavy links to reputable sources. WTF IS THIS???

i dont do this out of spite for the green eyed monster but merely out of jest for its captors

Star and Flag for the OP!!!
edit on 15-4-2012 by owtFsink because: too add

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyTruth
I hope you all guys know that after the universe will have expanded to full potency, there will be a "big crunch", so after that, all of the universe's mass will be "consumed" and put into a ball, then a big bang will happen, sorry to deceive you man !

I think your terminology is wrong, it's a great suck that goes along with the big bang.

I've seen it in heaps of movies.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Good find Op
Glad someone is on the ball...............Or off his rocker

I expect Betelgeuse to answer the question. Suppose we see the light when it occurs, will that light reaching us; vaporize us?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Good find Op

What find?
The subject heading presents a fact and that's why I clicked on it.
But it's just a 'what if'.
Misleading at the very least (I'm being kind here).
edit on 15-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To survive, I would go into and close the door of my "2nd Big Bang" time travel escape pod in which I have an eternity worth of food, water, and 3D Blu Ray discs stored up, and go to a safer time and place, i.e. at least a lifetime before the 2nd Big Bang happened. You should hurry up and build yours and stock it up before it's too late.

On the slightly more serious side:

Try to imagine complete nothingness. It is impossible to do so.

If a singularity of the kind that is posited to have preceded the theorized big bang "existed", that means all matter, energy, time, space and anything and everything that you could possibly imagine to exist was compressed into an area of unimaginably small size outside of which nothing, not even space, existed.

The ideas of area, volume, distance, length, width, depth, space, past, present, future, time, and space were meaningless at that "time". The pre-big-bang singularity might have existed for an eternity before it "banged" into the earliest stages of what we know as our existence today.

If you've kept up with the discoveries regarding cosmology, the very idea of the Big Bang is called into question by observations which suggest the expansion of the known universe is accelerating and will continue to accelerate "forever".

If, for the sake of silly argument, it was possible for a 2nd Big Bang to occur within the known universe, the stuff dumped out by that 2nd Big Bang could never consume the already existing universe, which has been expanding for billions of years since the 1st Big Bang occurred, unless the new stuff travels faster, catches up with, and overtakes the stuff that already exists which itself is already accelerating faster and faster in every direction.

Einstein's theories tell us that the stuff from the 2nd Big Bang can't catch up to the stuff that's aleady here.
edit on 4/15/2012 by dubiousone because: Content and corrections to grammar and spelling.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Such a colossal event would happen in terms of time beyond human's imagination.

Your pillow is full of dust mites, which eat the surplus of your dead skin cells. From the moment you get up in the morning, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, check the news, go to work/school, take lunch, back to work/school, home again to call friends or watch a movie (and check ATS), dinner, chasing a girlfriend and then back to your pillow... there has been generations, wars, droughts, pestilence.

These little creatures cannot fathom time outside of their life cycle, into generations, etc.

Your colossal event of a 2nd big bang is so far flung, so "slow motion" we wouldn't even see it happen. Rabbits under the trees, the trees on the mountain, the mountain on the continent and the continent upon the world, your understanding of time will make this situation as unimportant as your choice of lunch for the dust mites.

Perspective... it matters.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh sheet................. Nibiru has been found .............AGAIN

bring it on

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hmmmmm....me thinks someone other than Elvis has left the building

edit on 4/15/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Good find Op

What find?
The subject heading presents a fact and that's why I clicked on it.
But it's just a 'what if'.
Misleading at the very least (I'm being kind here).
edit on 15-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

He found his imagination which fueled this discussion
And many a noble idea by way of this forum has ushered forth from it's humble beginnings.
But yes my remark was sarcasm but since then my sarcasm has dwindled away like the morning mist and given rise to being as a child gazing open mouthed and dribbling at its first glimpse of the wonders of the ineffable Universe - But yes sarcasm the lowest form of wit
edit on 15-4-2012 by artistpoet because: t HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't think its possible. What could happen is a black hole in this universe could pinch off a portion of space time and form a separate distinct universe separate from ours that would have no effect on this universe other than the gravitational effects of the black hole that formed it. I did hear once that its possible that the universal constant could change, IE a fluctuation in the physical properties of the universe. It would spread out from its starting point at the speed of light, I imagine some sort of quantum effect, and it would change the physical properties of all the atoms it came in contact with, resulting in the annihilation of planets, stars and galaxies, and eventually over time, the formation of new ones from atoms with slightly different properties. A sort of over writing of the universe so to speak. It would hit us at the speed of light, so there would be no warning other than being disintegrated in a millisecond. Not something worth worrying about as if it happens you will never know what hit you. Hopefully some physics experiment in the cosmos somewhere wont set this off (or hasn't already)
edit on 15-4-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I predict George Bush will become a multicellular organism. I jest, we'd all be turned to primordial goo I'm sure. (still an evolutionary improvement for Bush)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
why does your thread title say 'coming in fast' when you have provided no evidence to back up this claim?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join