It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 LAPD police officers shoot and kill 'unarmed' Asian man, 19, with more than 90 rounds as dramati

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I couldn't see this any where, but thought it relevant to the current 'potential race riots' theme.
IE you got Trayvon for the blacks, now you got Abdul Arian for the asians. This is in LA, but if it happened in UK the streets would be burning already. The last time we had asians rioting here it was kicked off by an asian being arrested for motoring offences.

ps I couldn't find the 'submit news button' as mentioned in the posting guidelines, is it actually called something else, or am I blind??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A news report:

Yea it looked like he pointed something at them before they shot, and then the reporter goes on to say the suspect was firing back, which it does look like he was a second time in the vid. I counted 6 cops, so yea the bullets were flying for sure. So was he "unarmed" or not? It looks like he was pointing something, twice, in the dark...dangerous for sure.
edit on 13-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
given that he supposedly says "If they pull their guns, I'm going to have to pull my gun out on them." is hardly going to make the event end happy as the police will consider him armed and dangerous and the police shoot to kill so if its true he was a prize idiot for saying what he said and paid the ultimate price for his stupidity

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He told the 911 dispatcher that he had a gun and was willing to use it. I normally don't stick up for the cops but in this case the kid had it coming, sorry to say.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The tragedy here is his stupidity.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

1. how did the police sideswipe him when he parked the car......
2. the headline suggests that he was UNARMED then why is the reporter claiming he fired shots.....

3. look more senseless deaths

i guess gone are the days when police aim to disable. now its just shoot to kill
edit on 13-4-2012 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freebornman

Yep I get that to, he was certainly pointing something, although he could have been a nutter and was pointing his finger but hey its still pointing.

Oh and the Daily Mail is a sensationalist fear mongering news paper.

edit on 13-4-2012 by freewestray because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
suicide by police

unarmed pointing his finger as weapon

conveyed to 911 he would shoot

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sorry but if you point a gun at me and I have a gun then I'm going to shoot you.

I don't care what you say but the cops were right to take his ass out.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

haha im predicting the next fatality is going to be either middle eastern or hispanic

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeseaewe
Sorry but if you point a gun at me and I have a gun then I'm going to shoot you.

i agree but it use to be they threaten with a gun they shoot u in your arm or leg to avoid fatalities.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freewestray

The report in the DM says he rang police while being pursued and stated he had a gun. when he exited vehicle and ran, he repeatedly turned and pointed at cops as if he had a gun, but no weapon was recovered at the scene.
Suicide by cop, mabye?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

i guess gone are the days when police aim to disable. now its just shoot to kill

Was there ever that day? My understanding now is, for better or worse, cops are trained(policy) to not shoot to maim or disable, but to kill. This is probably a safety issue for the officers, because a wounded suspect is still dangerous in some cases. Now I agree there is an issue with police violence these days, but this incident does not draw so much suspicion from me. The cops were defending themselves and their brothers, and the guy was obviously pointing something at them, in the dark, after running from them in a car chase. What is so surprising?

edit on 13-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

thats sad it makes you wonder what was going on in his life to cause him to want to die...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

Originally posted by eyeseaewe

i agree but it use to be they threaten with a gun they shoot u in your arm or leg to avoid fatalities.

No.

Those guys are lucky to hit anything at all.

You aim for the body.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeseaewe

I dunno maybe my new age hippie self just doesnt agree with killshots

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The police where i live still shoot to disable if posible, but they also very rarely get shot at.
It's kind of different in the US, but i would say that 90 rounds is a bit of overkill

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is it me or is there something shiny in his hands?
Also to the orientation of his arms looks like a shooting one.
And I'm thinking I see a muzzle flash there.

Seems to me that he had a gun and was using it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freewestray

Yep I get that to, he was certainly pointing something, although he could have been a nutter and was pointing his finger but hey its still pointing.

[ed
itby]edit on 13-4-2012 by freewestray because: (no reason given)

Well, bend my legs and call me bandy. I never knew that,
[sarcasm off] They were also the first to report the epidemic of muslim paedophile grooming in the UK, against what seemed to be a media blackout. But yes, the DM does pander to the 'disgusted from epping' element.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Do you know how hard it is to shoot someone in the leg?

If you miss you risk being shot or someone else being shot. Police are trained to resolve the situation by the most effective means necessary. They don't aim for shoulders, knees, or even the head in most cases but center mass because you have a better chance of hitting your target that way.

This event was very unfortunate, and I find it kind of absurd that the OP compares this to the Martin shooting. This man was involved in a police pursuit which ended in him exiting his vehicle and continuing to flee, doing so in a suspicious manner that led to the assumption that he as armed.

This has nothing to do with race or anything other than a criminal being shot for his own ignorance.

Very unfortunate, if only he would have listened he would be alive.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join