It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aliens fear us and stay hidden.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Originally posted by ArMaP
If you say that aliens are not a fact, why do you say that aliens do not have the concept of violence?

Its not a statment of fact, its a tool to express possibilities. If there are aliens they could be violent and destructive...they could be many things. The idea that they are peacful to the point of not even understanding murder just hadn't been brought up before, so i did. People are reading into this far too much.

OK, I did not understood it that way, once more the fact that I do not speak English very well shows.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beer

Originally posted by MacKiller
Aliens don't fear us and they are not hidden. They are observing our every move, watching from above, kind of like the all seeing eye. They can see you, but you can't see them.

They are just waiting for the right oportunity, and then *POP* out they come, they will be noticed when their time is right.

I say, Aliens DO NOT exist. Either backup your statement or i dare you to prove im wrong.

I'll call your challenge out as a logical fallacy: You CANNOT prove a negative

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I'll call your challenge out as a logical fallacy: You CANNOT prove a negative

Logic leads to the following...

1) You can not prove a negetive.

2) Something does not exist until proven to exist.

3) Proof of a positive that is mututally exclusive of other events effectivly proves something does not exist.

EXAMPLES:

1) No one can prove I'm not superman.

2) No physical direct evidence of the lock ness monster exist therfore it does not effectivly exist. (Proof could change this.)

3) Red light is EM radiation at 428,570 GHz, therefore blue light is NOT at 428,570 GHz.

So depending on what you consider to be proof of fact, the same logic that says you can not prove a negetive also says aliens to not exist. This does not mean that they might not exist, but rather, until solid proof is presented, they effectivly do not exist.

For example, giant poo flinging space monkeys do not exist. This is not to say that they are not out there, but rather until evidence of them is presented they are conscidered to not exist.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
wow i read the whole thread and OMFG! I do think aliens know how to kill each other and other things. I mean how the he** u suppose to play as a lil kid with out pushing someone or something and that would eventually lead to more. You see through out life u can't just not know about violence it is IMPOSSIBLE! You wanna challenge me then step up but i still standing my ground on thos one!

[edit on 26-9-2004 by portfreezer]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The arrogance of humans can be found in religion. The fact that most religious people believe that no other planet in the universe can have intelligent life is wildly arrogant.

It's also the same type of arrogance that makes many people crave religion. Because "When I die, that can't possibly it! I am so important, that there must be more to my life!"

I mean come on...when you smash a fly, is there more to his life after he's dead? "No, because they don't count, or they aren't as smart, or big, as us."

It's arrogance, and when we finally are presented with undeniable proof of life on other planets, your religions will flushed down the toilet.

Also, the fact that a person can believe in God, but not aliens, is ridiculous.

You can't be sure if there is a heaven, but WE KNOW there are other planets.

Stop arrogance, deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
2) Something does not exist until proven to exist.

So depending on what you consider to be proof of fact, the same logic that says you can not prove a negetive also says aliens to not exist. This does not mean that they might not exist, but rather, until solid proof is presented, they effectivly do not exist.

For example, giant poo flinging space monkeys do not exist. This is not to say that they are not out there, but rather until evidence of them is presented they are conscidered to not exist.

That is not logic; it is ignorance. If there is no proof that something exists, it means: there is no proof that it exists; it does not mean it does not exist. if I step into a dark room, and I see dark, it does not mean that the room is empty.

Burden of proof: If I make a statement, I must provide proof for it. The statement that "Aliens do not exist" thus needs to be proven, however as negatives cannot be proven, the statement itself is a fallacy.

Occams Razor: Do not multiply quantites unnecessarily: E.g: What is reality/existence? If I do not know what reality/existence is, then how can I state what doesn't exist in reality?

Hence, logically, stating x does not exist, is an irrational statement.

To further complicate matters: laws of logic are arbitrary, defined by us, who do not even know how and why we exist. First paradox of the universe: Nothing is everything; 2nd paradox: effect without cause. Henceforth, logic is clearly limited and inadequate to explain existence.

Rationalizing human: Humans are rationalizing creatures, not rational creatues. There is a rationalization for everything, including the irrational. The abstractions we call logic, is limited by our comprehension and our perceptive abilties. Humans have an obsession to place everything into categories or boxs; if I place a human in a red box and erase his memory, will he ever be able to comprehend blue? Can you imagine a different colour spectrum?

The universe is not a logical existence, it is an imaginative and limitless existence, and creations thoughts materialize into infinite quantum realities. Our observable universe is one such reality, and our thoughts, another. This is not just a philosophy; this is quantum physics.

The moral of this post - is not to discount anything and pigeon hole your existence. Deny ignorance. The universe cannot be intellecualized, it can only be experienced.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You like using big bold red letters, and trying to prove everyone to be wrong don't you.

I honestly have no idea if aliens exist or not, but I think they do.

I think YOU are ignorant for thinking that in a universe this big, that we are the only kind of life form.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by MacKiller]

Well, look at your previous statement, you present them as facts. If you present them as facts, i demand backup.

Your post:

Aliens don't fear us and they are not hidden. They are observing our every move, watching from above, kind of like the all seeing eye. They can see you, but you can't see them.

---

If you present something like this, i need a source or an evidence, otherwise try using "IMO"

[edit on 26-9-2004 by beer]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Social evolution of humans makes us naturally violent. A long long time ago some human realised that he and his family could survive better not by working hard but by killing others and taking thier food or other property.

Thus evolution favored these violent people and the trait spread. Now not all humans are violent but many are and even more can commit violence with proper motivation.

We are a violent, warring race. We live under the threat of terrorism, nuclear war, and are constantly waging at least one war against other humans.

Now imagine a culture that never made that discovery that killing for resource makes life easier.

Aliens have no concept of war, killing, murder, or violence. Why would a species make a craft that can travel across the gallaxy but not beable to ward off a US aircraft sent to take it out? Simple, they have no concept of weapons.

To reach an advanced space traveling point in evolution a species must not destroy itself first. This would imply that most if not all alien societies are devoid of war and violence.

So, you want to know why aliens don't observe humans and start building weapons to deffend against us? They can't. Their brains, while advanced and technological never learned the basis of the concept of killing. They have no way to equate death of another to their own saftey or gain.

Imagine this. Humans travel through space to another planet with intelligent life. On this planet there are billions of creatures who do many things from manufacturing to science. Often these creature are singing to eachother and every now and then they kill one another. Many enter into a form of court system and go to jail. However, none of the killers ever go to alien jail. Why? Because we have no concept of singing as a form of warfare. Thats right, they sing to eachother to trigger change in other's brains. Turns out killing is just a form of love.

Just as human would take a LONG time to understand or even figure out the above example, alines have no way to grasp us and war.

Thus aliens are simply terrified of humans. We kill eachother and have weapons od massive proportions. Meanwhile this advanced race that can travel the stars never even invented a pointed stick or a club.

(Just thinking. Aliens aren't even a fact, but this could explian why if they do exist they haven't blown up earth.)

I strongly doubt that aliens have no concept of weapon or war. Probably they are all under control of something similar to our mind control, so they are slaves and do nothing but obey orders of their NWO.

Probably they are monitoring us to decide when to wipe us out. Humans are very dangerous creatures. I am sure you will find species much more aggressive and dangerous than us out there.

One day you may find out.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Actually, what I posted was not fact.

It was my personal opinion, and others also.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have some questions about these aliens you speak of. It's going to be really hard to put what I'm thinking into writing, but I'll try. First, I believe that there PROBABLY is something out there, seeing as how big that universe is. On to m questions:

1.)Why haven't Aliens made themselves known to us? As another poster mentioned, many space-ships have been seen zig-zagging across the sky, or having big lights on them. This must mean that they want to be seen, because surely a race advanced enough to travel all the way to earth would have found a better way of cloaking it's self. Surely after all of these years, they would have caught on to the fact that the government is covering them up, and the would have just landed their big space ship in the middle of time square or something.

2.) Hypothetically, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the people that say the government is just really good at covering them up. What about 50 years ago? What about 100 years ago? What about 500 years ago? Wouldn't the aliens have visited us back when we didn't have the technology or the government agency's to cover them up? Wouldn't they have visited us in a bigger manner in the past? I know there have been a few small sighting, but wouldn't the E.T's have made a bigger entrance back when they had the chance?

3.) Why does everyone put aliens above us? Intellectually, techologically?... Isn't it possible that there are also aliens who are more primitive than us?

4.) As another poster also hinted at, if there is one other species other than us humans, there must also be many more. Wouldn't at least one of those species have decided to make themselves known, or start war with us?

(possibly more to come)

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
The arrogance of humans can be found in religion. The fact that most religious people believe that no other planet in the universe can have intelligent life is wildly arrogant.

Which is kind of fun, since ALL major religions talk about life on other worlds, even if the people under it dont believe.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Social evolution of humans makes us naturally violent. A long long time ago some human realised that he and his family could survive better not by working hard but by killing others and taking thier food or other property.

This is a flawed assumption you base your thread on.

Killing one and other is something humans learned from and in nature, long before they were even human, they learned it from themselves, other animals, whatever you like.

There are species on this world that see the male form of the creature as 2 things, sperm machine and food to support the creatures reproductive cycle.

Example of this? Black widow spiders.

There are a whole flury of animals that don't differ friend or foe, young or elder when it comes to feeding or teritorial behaviour.

When rabbits mate, the male rabbit often kills the youngsters once they are born, when a lion grows up to be strong and formidable, a fight for live and death often occurs between him and his father for rulership of the flock.

In all walks of life, murder, canibalisme, fighting for protection, fighting for teritory and fighting in all sorts of ways is done. Even something as simple as an ant is a furocious fighter that kills and attacks everything in its path.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
maybe extraterrestrials are hiding from another race and if all the people on earth knew it and were talking about it the other race would find them

, but it's a possibility

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Lets assume for a moment, that you are a scientist (studio audience: Your a scientist) who let that studio audience in here? anyway, your a scientist who is studying deer in the wild, would you want to stay hidden and downwind and outta site or stand in a white labcoat rite infront of the deer? (studio audience: hidden!) thats it, im callin the cops... you would want to stay hidden as to not startle the specimen you are observing, simple as that

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can see that none of you are abductee's. I don't really like that word I prefer experiencer which I have been on and off for the last fifty years. I have been shown and told things when taken. One word that was used on one of my experiences has always intrigued me and that word is interfere. If you ask an abductee they will probably say well, they are interfereing in my life and that would be true but to these beings and I am talking the Grey's they don't consider it interfereing because they consider Earth there's so they can do what they want. They do monitor this entire planet. I could tell you so many things but what is out on the net if you look hard enough and put two and two together you will see it is basically there. I will tell you this there are many species here the Grey's are safe and secure we have no equipment to reach them they are in our water's in the DEEPEST of our water's. They have no use for the land up here because they can not survive here at this time there is to much oxygen in our air. They do have weapons and they do use them when needed. And when abductee's are taken they usually are controlled because they do put up a fight and they (the Grey's) are weak.
If you have any questions I can try to answer them for you. There is just so much and I don't really expect you to believe a word I say but life isn't what you were brought up to believe it was.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I belive that they are there, I belive that our government knows they are there. I also belive that they have always been there. I think that they (the government) have been preparing us for the time they decide to admit we arn't alone, or when someone finally proves them wrong by some other means.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beer

They are just waiting for the right oportunity, and then *POP* out they come, they will be noticed when their time is right.

I say, Aliens DO NOT exist. Either backup your statement or i dare you to prove im wrong.

Prove to us that they do not. A lot of people belive in God, and most of it has shady innuendos that God exists. But God hasn't come out recently and said hey Guys, I'm real, and people still believe. Others who flat out don't believe in God have had nothing to sway them back to spirituality as well.

So I say, on Number crunching alone, the likelyhood of non-human intelligent life out there is highly probable. We haven't even mapped our own Milky Way fully, and it is chock full of extra solar planets, stars and the like. In the Trillions of Trillions.

I say either way, it comes down to an unwinnable argument, with the facts leaning to Life outside of our Solar System. Follow science, on this one.

God exists for some, and not for others, Aliens Exist for some and not for others.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paladin327
Lets assume for a moment, that you are a scientist (studio audience: Your a scientist) who let that studio audience in here? anyway, your a scientist who is studying deer in the wild, would you want to stay hidden and downwind and outta site or stand in a white labcoat rite infront of the deer? (studio audience: hidden!) thats it, im callin the cops... you would want to stay hidden as to not startle the specimen you are observing, simple as that

Is this at all plausable?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I still feel aliens have always been here, and I think maybe they did show themselves at one time. This is probally way off but where did all the Egyptians go? I mean they abandoned Their temple and their beliefs? But yet they didn't tear down their temples and build new.... I mean If they didn't change a lot of their belief systems wouldn't they have kept up temple maintence to preserve their ancestrial past? And if they did just abandon it does it say anywhere why they chose to...
I brought up egypt because they had all their temples astrologically alined. I still think there is something about that and also about all the other symbols that can only be made out from way up in the sky and to such perfection these designs are. O well

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
not so much that aliens fear us, its easier to remain hidden and annonymous, to carry out their objectives. Like the alien in the movie predator far more technologically advanced and stronger, but relied on stealth to kill.

The situation here of remaining hidden is perfect as a majority of people simply deny their existance, and even alot of people that believe in them wouldnt even entertain the idea that they could be here to enslave or feed off us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join