It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aliens fear us and stay hidden.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Social evolution of humans makes us naturally violent. A long long time ago some human realised that he and his family could survive better not by working hard but by killing others and taking thier food or other property.

Thus evolution favored these violent people and the trait spread. Now not all humans are violent but many are and even more can commit violence with proper motivation.

We are a violent, warring race. We live under the threat of terrorism, nuclear war, and are constantly waging at least one war against other humans.

Now imagine a culture that never made that discovery that killing for resource makes life easier.

Aliens have no concept of war, killing, murder, or violence. Why would a species make a craft that can travel across the gallaxy but not beable to ward off a US aircraft sent to take it out? Simple, they have no concept of weapons.

To reach an advanced space traveling point in evolution a species must not destroy itself first. This would imply that most if not all alien societies are devoid of war and violence.

So, you want to know why aliens don't observe humans and start building weapons to deffend against us? They can't. Their brains, while advanced and technological never learned the basis of the concept of killing. They have no way to equate death of another to their own saftey or gain.

Imagine this. Humans travel through space to another planet with intelligent life. On this planet there are billions of creatures who do many things from manufacturing to science. Often these creature are singing to eachother and every now and then they kill one another. Many enter into a form of court system and go to jail. However, none of the killers ever go to alien jail. Why? Because we have no concept of singing as a form of warfare. Thats right, they sing to eachother to trigger change in other's brains. Turns out killing is just a form of love.

Just as human would take a LONG time to understand or even figure out the above example, alines have no way to grasp us and war.

Thus aliens are simply terrified of humans. We kill eachother and have weapons od massive proportions. Meanwhile this advanced race that can travel the stars never even invented a pointed stick or a club.

(Just thinking. Aliens aren't even a fact, but this could explian why if they do exist they haven't blown up earth.)

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest.
Aliens have no concept of war, killing, murder, or violence.

Why do you assume that?

I would like to draw parallels to ants. They are as violant as they possibly can be (wars, capturing things, hell even eating humans) and outnumber us in such massive amounts we cant even imagine it, and they span the entire globe, ranging from the tiny to the nasty ant.

Do we fear them? They just scurry about in their anthills. They are so far beneath us we can just STEP on them, yet they are very violent and would kill us if we even accidentally attacked them (or TRY, heh). And lets not even BEGIN to talk about mental capacity...

So if we dont fear ants, I doubt aliens would fear us. Sure they might fear the guy sitting with the finger on the nuclear button, just as we fear a few species of killer ants, but that's about it. They would never fear us as a whole.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Aliens that have a 'hive mind', would have weapons. Conquest.

And another good concept, Klingons. (Yeah yeah, I know...) A warrior race that has disputes, but still stands together and explores..

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Aliens have no concept of war, killing, murder, or violence. Why would a species make a craft that can travel across the gallaxy but not beable to ward off a US aircraft sent to take it out? Simple, they have no concept of weapons.

To reach an advanced space traveling point in evolution a species must not destroy itself first. This would imply that most if not all alien societies are devoid of war and violence.

So, you want to know why aliens don't observe humans and start building weapons to deffend against us? They can't. Their brains, while advanced and technological never learned the basis of the concept of killing. They have no way to equate death of another to their own saftey or gain.

Where then did we discover the concept of war and killing?
Even if the species itself does not kill for food, a species so technologically advanced would have observed other species do the same. While in the lab working on their interstellar gravity drives, they ( the Aliens) may observe their pet cat catch, and kill a mouse?!?!
Also they would notice the potentially dangerous side effects of a technology they are developing, when they accidently fire a bolt of plasma at their mate, and think, i could use this threat, combined with their fear to control and manipulate.
Well thats the mentality of human beings anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Anyone ever play the lotto or make a bet with a friend?
well theres a thing called odds .take the lotto its a one in 14 million chance you will pick the right numbers. So if you bet 14 million gess what chance is no longer involved you are now granted to get the right numbers.
now put this into unvirse scales theres hundreds of trillions of stars in the unvirse. so odds that any one star has life is low one in millions going by this there must be billions upon billions of stars with planets with life .
wich gives you billions of advanced life forms .
So out of a billion Intellegente life forms how manny evolved from rabbets and how manny evolved from wolfs?
Going by this there would be millions upon millions of bligerent life forms out there manny of wich im sure look and act like our worst night mayrs.
PREDETER ALIAN can you say KLINGON of corse on the other side of the coin there would be millions upon million that NEVER concived of any kind of violance.
read. Inherit the stars by James P Hogan .
it gives a good excample of why and how intellgent life form would evolve WITH OUT ever having war or violance of any type.
Lets just hope the nastys never find earth immange a life form that evolved from an ANT like creacher. Make hitler look like a girl scout.
cant be reasiond with wont ever stop .
we like to think we are war like compaired to ants we mite as well be rabbits . Ants will destroy every last ant in a invading ant hill or be destroyed to the last the is no middle ground for them . Genicide ant style.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
By the way Quest, thats a trippy avatar you've got.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I would like to draw parallels to ants.

Good analogy. However many people claim at several points the US government had live aliens. Why then would other aliens not rescue them?

I'm not going to go too far with all this because its all based on vague stories and rumor and there is really no way to disect aliens when they aren't even fact yet.

Basicly, the point is, violence, killing, and weapons may be a very human thing and aompletely unknown to other intelligent species.

So many fictional aliens are based on humans and earth life. We can imagine klingons because they represent parts of humanity. Warriors, honor, and death.

What you rarely see in fiction (aside from a few good books) are real ALIENS. SOmething totaly unknown and unrelated to us.

Aside from a species that may have no concept of violence, other may have even stranger traits.

For example, imagine a species that was intelligent and had technology but absolutly no concept of self. Of all the things they have done, they never had internal thought that conscidered themselves to exist.

Or how about a species that had no concept of life. Rather they just see everythign and pure physics and chemistry. Even humans are just a giant mass of matter and energy. What if to them we are just complex matter.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And now i will kill your thread as well as your statements.

Cow mutilations and Human abductions.

That explains the "friendliness" of ET's

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Quest

If you say that aliens are not a fact, why do you say that aliens do not have the concept of violence?

Also, that idea that people killed the others to steal their goods only works if there are many people to kill and few people doing the killing, thing of chickens and foxes.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Quite to the contrary, most documented alien encounters seem to indicate a total LACK of fear on the part of the Alien abductors. These beings are extremely cunning, calculating and most of all totally confident that they are in complete control of the situation.

It seems their desire to remain hidden extends only to periods when they are actually phsically abducting some poor soul. They do not like to be interrupted...At all other times it almost seems as if they want to be sighted. This is evidenced in their zig-zagging across the sky, having bright external beacons, and choosing rather conspicuous places to hang around such as 100ft above a nuclear weapons storage depot, or some other highly secure sight.

As Mcluhan said, "The medium is the message..."...The sightings/abductions themselves are meant to be noticed....for what purpose, well it seems this is one of the holy of holy questions of UFOLOGY...

There is nothing friendly or gentle about the greys, in this researcher's opinion...

Sorry to pose more questions than answers....

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If you say that aliens are not a fact, why do you say that aliens do not have the concept of violence?

Its not a statment of fact, its a tool to express possibilities. If there are aliens they could be violent and destructive...they could be many things. The idea that they are peacful to the point of not even understanding murder just hadn't been brought up before, so i did. People are reading into this far too much.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I do not think the aliens fear us. I do however think, they consider us warring and primitive, and they are not wrong either. Humanity may have to evolve a lot more, before they are even ready to engage us as equals.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Originally posted by merka
I would like to draw parallels to ants.

Good analogy. However many people claim at several points the US government had live aliens. Why then would other aliens not rescue them?

Well why dont the US rescue hostages in Iraq? At least they know that they are in Iraq, now imagine if you would try to save someone that can be anywhere on the entire PLANET. Its not like aliens think "Ah, lets see... Buddies captured in the US where we always crash? AREA 51!!! DOH!!!".

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I could see our barbaric existence scaring a truly kind and gentle race. Heck, a lot of what I see go on in society is enough to shock me.

But what about beings that aren't "kind" and "gentle"? If they were rather mean, or wanted nothing more than conquest of resources/ labor, they'd laugh at our violent tendencies as "primative actions", and get to controlling.

Who says that only a kind and gentle race would want to remain hidden? What if they decided to establish dominance of this planet and it's inhabitants without ever firing a shot?

Why let the enemy know you exist if you have a means of infiltration and conquest without them ever realizing what you're doing? You can't hit a target you can't see.

Why not just come in, take over via infiltration of the peoples' governmental institutions? Offer them wonderous technology with the caveat that they must not reveal alien existence to their people.

Surely both a good and an evil highly evolved race would see the advantages of remaining in the shadows?

X

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Aliens don't fear us and they are not hidden. They are observing our every move, watching from above, kind of like the all seeing eye. They can see you, but you can't see them.

They are just waiting for the right oportunity, and then *POP* out they come, they will be noticed when their time is right.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

They are just waiting for the right oportunity, and then *POP* out they come, they will be noticed when their time is right.

Hi there,

When, in your estimation will the "time be right"?

What do you think their intentions are?

Thanks,

X

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
Aliens don't fear us and they are not hidden. They are observing our every move, watching from above, kind of like the all seeing eye. They can see you, but you can't see them.

I say, Aliens DO NOT exist. Either backup your statement or i dare you to prove im wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If you believe that aliens evolved over millions or billions of years then they know violence. Aliens wouldn�t have just �popped� into existence from nothing with all the advancements we associate with them. They had to evolve in some type of echo system that contained many different species of plant and animal life. It is the survival of the fittest, those animals that learn how to manipulate their environment and dominate other species in their echo system will be the dominate animal and have the opportunity to evolve into a self aware, philosophical and scientific beings. I�m sure aliens evolved in this way, they needed other animals and plant life to eat and sustain life. So they know violence and how to kill.

It�s difficult to imagine an advance race of beings that know the workings of the universe yet know nothing of life.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You like using big bold red letters, and trying to prove everyone to be wrong don't you.

I honestly have no idea if aliens exist or not, but I think they do.

I think YOU are ignorant for thinking that in a universe this big, that we are the only kind of life form.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beer

Originally posted by MacKiller

I say, Aliens DO NOT exist. Either backup your statement or i dare you to prove im wrong.

I can prove you wrong: Go into any well sorted movie store, and you will find a DVD (well who use VCR now a days?) with the the letters "Aliens" on it. Now whether extraterrestrials exist... That's a trickier question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join