It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Navy to Test Anti-Terror Ability Against Olympic Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

UK Navy to Test Anti-Terror Ability Against Olympic Attack

www.bbc.co.uk

The Royal Navy will test its ability to deal with major events, such as a terrorist attack on the Olympics, in a major exercise next week.

The Joint Warrior exercise involving forces from Europe and North America is aimed at creating a task group that can be deployed to major global incidents.

About 8,000 personnel and 30 warships will take part in the training drill off the west coast of Scotland.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Drills on 9/11?
London Underground Bombing 'Exercises' Took Place at Same Time as Real Attack
2012 Movie - Subliminal message - London Olympics False Flag

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We have all heard about the "drills" that were on going during 9-11, The London Bombings etc, so this article piqued my interest.

Do we have another False Flag brewing?

Is it possible that those that believe in a False Flag on the Olympics are right?

Personally, i think this scale of exercise is frighteningly large for a sporting event. Lets see if the conspiracy minded folks are right?

I sure as hell hope not!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
See the article related to "Illuminati card game predicts attack London Olympics" as I am too lazy to look it up.

But yes I believe something will happen at the 2012 games, why I will be watching when it is well over...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
30 warships, 8000 people and a multi-country exercise including Germany, Denmark and the US.

That's a hell of a drill "just in case"...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Don't really see how warships
are going to be effective against
terrorists in an urban area.!
What next ,cluster bombs to prevent
fare dodgers on the underground?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh

Interesting angle you present, didn't really think about it like that. The only way i can see it having any bearing on protecting London would be in case of a terrorist attack using planes!

Any bombs etc at the Olympics couldn't be dealt with by warships so this drill must be far more specific than we are being told.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The Joint Warrior exercise involving forces from Europe and North America is aimed at creating a task group that can be deployed to major global incidents.

Is nobody noticing the fact that they are putting together a real "World Police" that would seem to have jurisdiction everywhere? But no, Let's focus on this non-event and pat each other on the back for noticing it while the real news passes right by.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Seems a bit excessive.

I agree with you guys as far as the warships. Maybe they are there to prevent people from leaving.

"They" are prepping for something big......don't know what it is.....I don't know if I want to know what it is!!!!

We are going to find out though and I think the 2012 Olympics is a perfect stage to reveal whatever it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
maybe some [SNIP] will sail over from Calais with a bomb on a boat.

that's about the only effective way the Navy could do something.

or maybe it is to stop the presenters of top gear doing this again !
edit on 13/4/12 by argentus because: removed derogatory word

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

planes... or ufos :3

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
maybe some [SNIP] head will sail over from Calais with a bomb on a boat.

that's about the only effective way the Navy could do something.

or maybe it is to stop the presenters of top gear doing this again !

Yeah but the warships will be 1,000 miles away off the coast of Scotland...they'd be useless

edit on 13/4/12 by argentus because: removed quoted word

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh

There could be exercises going on at the same time to prepare for an attack on urban areas. This could be simply a red herring to draw the media's attention while they quietly execute the REAL training drill.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mart0

Is nobody noticing the fact that they are putting together a real "World Police" that would seem to have jurisdiction everywhere? But no, Let's focus on this non-event and pat each other on the back for noticing it while the real news passes right by.

Well it's just as well you are here to highlight that for us!

But to answer your query, no i didn't notice that...thanks for bringing it up, it sure sheds more light on it. Maybe the drill is to take place and a false flag planned but averted so that they can get approval from the masses to create a "World Maritime Police Force" without flack from other governments.

Will London be the location of the "foiled" attack?

Lets see!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Speculation over the 2012 Olympic games does have my interest vested. The fact they are having military preparedness drills before is pretty strange. Normally, they have their special security task force protecting athletes, spectators and events. I cant see a large terrorist attack at the Olympics, but I can see a repeat of the Germany Israel hostage situation. But that would not require military force, only tactical anti-terrorist units.

We shall wait and see if a 'show' goes down at the Olympics.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
time to go place some bets on at the bookies then. :-)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The river thames runs through the heart of london witch would be good cause to have the navy involved, not that anyone would fill a speedboat full of explos.......oh yea iran......hmmmm.... (sorry couldnt resist)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As has been pointed out before, by me and many others, there have been hundreds of thousands of drills all around the world since 9/11, and hundreds of thousands prior to it too, and out of all of those we have the suggestion that this happened with just two?

Alex Jones loves to scream about this, and he has said countless times that a drill is "cover" for a false flag, and yet it never seems to happen.

The idea that a government would use a drill to cover for a false flag attack makes little sense to me. Sure, it would help to distract and confuse events, but so could anything else with far less risk and far less investment - all while being far less obvious.

As you can tell, I do not buy the BS for one moment. Why not just extend whatever you're planning to stretch the resources to the limit? You don't need a fake drill to confuse and distract, you just need to plan properly and make it part of the event.

That's why these suggestions are complete rubbish.

Just my opinion, of course

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
The river thames runs through the heart of london witch would be good cause to have the navy involved, not that anyone would fill a speedboat full of explos.......oh yea iran......hmmmm.... (sorry couldnt resist)

Thatwon't work

The Thames is too shallow to be effective.
If the Navy were to put ships in there it would turn into a Benny Hill comedy scene !

The beech landing will turn out like this

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You are probably right.

Sometimes what may appear to be normal or obvious is part of the deception.

If I told you I have a pet alien you would laugh and walk away......right?

If you found my pet alien you would say, "hey that guy has a pet alien". See my point?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

Maybe missions will be held from warships???
edit on 13-4-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join