It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drills on 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't heard anything about this yet. Is it true? If so...how could anybody believe it WASN'T a conspiracy? This is crazy...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Drills at the exact same time where a "Real" attack was taking place in exactly the manner they were training for...

I do not believe in coincidences.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
www.youtube.com...

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't heard anything about this yet. Is it true? If so...how could anybody believe it WASN'T a conspiracy? This is crazy...

Is it true? No.

I've seen no evidence that Vigilant Guardian was a "terrorist drill". Or that it had anything to do with planes crashing into the WTC. Jones didn't show any, either, so I'd treati t sceptically.

There's no evidence Cheney was in charge of NORAD or the exercises on 9/11, either. Despite the manipulative use of the CNN headline as Jones says so, when in fact that actually refers to something else altogether. It's garbage, pure and simple.

I'd also love to see the evidence Dick Cheney ordered Rumsfeld to allow him to take control of NORAD. But I suspect that doesn't exist either, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

The claim that the CIA exercise involved crashing planes into the WTC and the Pentagon is also unsupported. The actual exercise was at the NRO that involved one plane crashing into their offices. Nothing to do with the WTC or the Pentagon. Jones either has no idea what he's talking about, or he's lying for effect. Or, I suppose, he has super-secret evidence proving what he's said, but "forgot" to include it in the movie. But I think I'll go with one of the first two options.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The Pentagon crash simulation did occur in October 2000. Here is a picture of a model of the scenario from Cooperative Research.

In fact, Cooperative Research lists a great many pre-9/11 drills, including simulated attacks on the WTC.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It also did NOT involve Charles Burlingame, OR a terrorist attack. It was a plane trying to land at Reagan National ACCIDENTALLY crashing into the Pentagon.

And the planes that would have been responsible for responding to the hijackings were NOT involved in the drills. Alert aircraft never flew in exercises.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Before we wave away those 9/11 drills as fabels:

What was that about Amalgam Virgo again?

Hijacked flights as a drill -Amalgam Virgo "1.5"

9/11 was a combination of older terror drills, NOT wargames!
Major parts had been also tested during Amalgam Virgo 01 (June 2001) and during three until recently lesser-known drills in Westmore County, Buffalo and Dayton.
These three drills had odd similarities with the fate of Flight 77, Flight 11, Flight 175 and Flight 93.
Some of the participants of Amalgam Virgo are well documented.
They also prepared "Amalgam Virgo 02", which was underway for 2002.
Therefore, I decided to define 9/11 as "Amalgam Virgo 1.5."

From Google cache (Original article gone it seems) Yeah, yeah, so investigate Amalgam Virgo yourself if you do not trust the source.
ATS thread

What was that about General Richard Meyers again?

Pentagon Acknowledges Four Wargames on 9/11

"[The wargames] enhanced our ability to respond, given that NORAD didn't have the overall responsibility for responding to the attacks that day." -- Pentagon Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Richard Myers, 3/11/05

Source
ATS thread

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Truth4hire]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jones and gross distortions again... but basically of course onto something as usual. Didnt watch close, sorry if I got him wrong but...
- Cheney in charge of NORAD? I have never heard of that at all... I doubt it's even part true, but a growth off of Mike Ruppert's expanded understanding of Cheney's powers re: terrorism
- Rumsfeld's procedure change - regarding hijack protocols and signed in mid-01 it sure - seems odd, but was a red herring,as the order was ignored in scrambling fighters with "permissions later." Never heard of this rule being written on Cheney's order tho guess its possible.

What I know about the War Games of 9/11 compiled here:
they-let-it-happen.blogspot.com... ills-masterlist.html

Games not run (re
entagon):
- Besides Mascal in 2000 there was a drill to simulate a 757 strike as an "ersatz guided missile" on the Pentagon, just four months before 9/11. frustratingfraud.blogspot.com... redness.html Thie means hijacked - but it was only about medical and emergency response after the crash.
- Yet when approached by NORAD - at about the same time I think - to jointly do a drill for a hijacked plane trying to crash into the building (but presumably intercepted first, which is NORAD's area) USA Today says Rummy's people refused, citing it as "too unrealistic." www.house.gov...

NORAD hijack drill run at an indefinite time:
- the other USA Today pre-9/11 drill was "one operation, planned in July 2001 and conducted later, that involved planes from airports in Utah and Washington State that were “hijacked.” This drill was “conducted later” than July 2001, but not after September 11, and the date is apparently classified. Could this actually be the template for one of the war games of 9-11 itself?

- Dawne Deskins, Regional Mission Crew Chief for Vigilant Guardian, on hearing of the hijacking of flight 11 headed to NY: “It must be part of the exercise.” Circumstantial admittedly, but it looks at least plausible...

(Hart, Seely. “Amid Crisis Simulation, 'We Were Suddenly No-Kidding Under Attack.'” Newhouse News Service. January 25, 2002. Accessed May 7, 2003 at: www.unansweredquestions.org...)

- I've seen no good evidence Burlingame was involved in any of these drills or in Mascal 2000. Loose Change and Barb Honegger seem to be the original sources of this, with no sources given. The Wash Post did report he worked AT the Pentagon on counter-terrorism strategies, that's the closest it gets that's concrete.
frustratingfraud.blogspot.com... ant-for.html
[edit on 18-4-2007 by Caustic Logic]

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Drills at the exact same time where a "Real" attack was taking place in exactly the manner they were training for...

I do not believe in coincidences.

Nothing is by accident. You nailed it on the head.

new topics

top topics

join