It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American scientist admits the existence of Reptilians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
...This paper being published is very cool, because it's basically a credible scientific journal stating that, "YES", there is intelligent life, other than us, in the universe. Which is a first as far as I know it. Break out the champagne, we are not alone....

It's not really a "first".

Dr. Frank Drake has hypothesized about the possibility of advanced civilizations for over 50 years now. NASA astrobiologist Chris McKay has often discussed the possibilities of life elsewhere -- including intelligent life -- and what that life may look like, and how it may biologically function. Stephen Hawking famously wondered about the "good or bad" intentions of potential ET civilizations that may one day come in contact with Earth.

Among the science community, the belief that intelligent life probably exists elsewhere in the Universe is a very common belief.

edit on 4/13/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

To add to what I said above, here is an article that appears on the NASA Astrobiology Institute website written back in 2001 that discusses how ET life (intelligent and otherwise) would probably look very different than us. So here is an article by NASA written over 10 years ago talking about the probability of intelligent life elsewhere:

The Search for Life in the Universe

Here is another scientist with NASA's Astrobiology Institute who tries to answer a question posed to the "Ask an Astrobiologist" part of the website about what intelligent aliens look like. He goes on to say he can't imagine what intelligent ETs look like due to the diverse body shapes of animals on Earth that exhibit some intelligence. The scientist who answered the question seems to feel that intelligent aliens probably exist.

What do you think intelligent aliens would look like?

And here's another in the "Ask an Astrobiologist" series. This one is about communicating with aliens. Again, it seems this NASA Astrobiologist feels intelligent life is out there somewhere:

Would it be possible to communicate with an extraterrestrial intelligent civilization and HOW?

By the way, NASA's Astrobiology Institute is an entire organization dedicated to the study of the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe, including intelligent life.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think there could be reptilian beings because, what makes you think we are the only ones who suddenly gained the intellgence that 'NO ONE' else did? I always wondered, how did it happen, how did humans became more intelligent than apes and all other species? Science says" It just happened. Coincidence. Mmmok, how do you gain such intelligence and development out of nowhere?

Shouldn't some animals be at the evolution level of at least neanderthals? Why didn't they develop so far even the slightest since they've become today's animals. Why can't we see them more liek humans? What if such race did go underground?

BUT

Saying that Queen Elizabeth is a reptilian and showing some scars that could be from the shoes, no they are NOT scales, and saying the new princess is a Reptilian is a bunk. If they ever originated from such beings it must have happened so that even 1000 years ago and Elizabeth's family tree isn't that old, they were already human looking. No accounts of the middle ages her predecessor to have been seen with reptile-like features, right?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

your wife asks you "Did you have sx with another woman?" and you say "It's possible" instead of "Yes", despite everything suggesting you DID it. That's how puppets say things without openly admitting it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Atleast the spoon feeding process is beginning to add more food for thought for the masses I seen on yahoo yesterday something about the MARS monolith on MSM... So?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Note: The topic of this thread is the possibility of a species of intelligent reptiles evolving on other planets than Earth.

It is not about shape-shifting human/reptiles so popular on YouTube. Any further posts indicating human shapeshifters through digital trickery will be removed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
[snip]

Regarding the scientist's paper, I believe he may have purposefully side stepped some important issues so his peers wouldn't ridicule him and make his paper disappear like some of the posts on this thread.
edit on 13/4/12 by masqua because: Removed OT remark

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
[snip]

Regarding the scientist's paper, I believe he may have purposefully side stepped some important issues so his peers wouldn't ridicule him and make his paper disappear like some of the posts on this thread.
edit on 13/4/12 by masqua because: Removed OT remark

I have no idea where you are getting that impression.

This is a serious scientific paper by a respected scientist discussing an issue that MANY scientists openly discuss -- the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere, and the biology of that life.

If there is censorship on this issue, then the censors are doing an awful job, because (as I stated in my posts above) just about ALL astrobiologists write papers about, and openly discuss, what intelligent life might be like elsewhere in the universe.

The idea that life exists elsewhere -- including intelligent life -- is a very common belief among most scientists.

edit on 4/13/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wait monolyth? If it were any news of the month, it would be on all news as well. It is not, this is kind of like FBI releasing/dewclassifying some UFO sightings letters by witnesses which however show there are indeed beins out there but Monolyth - lots of the craters on the Moon were misidentified as 'Bases' so how is this a monolyth and not a rocky spire on Mars?

Mars has winds, there is weathering and shaping of rocks like on Earth. I remember the smiley crater, the martial sitting on a rock which is actually just a rock..
edit on 13-4-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Topic alread exists here

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join