It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday the 13th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Do you believe there is something paranormal behind Friday the 13th?

I strongly believe so.

Our next day is a Friday the 13th. Beware!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nothing bad or strange has ever happened to me on Fri 13 so I say big no.

Just me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Well if you're a 17-21 year old girl naked in the woods I'd watch out for a large man in a hockey mask wielding a machete.

Otherwise it will just be another day for the rest of us....hopefully.....

chi chi chi, ah ah ah

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Do you believe there is something paranormal behind Friday the 13th?

I strongly believe so.

Our next day is a Friday the 13th. Beware!

I wonder why Friday the 13th was singled out? You know if there is a Friday the 13th in a month, then all the other days will fall in line with the numerical day of the month.

Just sayin!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I was born on Friday the 13th
Feb 1987

I have been cursed all my life (99% bad luck probability)
toast lands butter side down if I dropped it from 2 inches height (with butter side facing up)
I could put the lottery on and get a knock on the door saying I owe 10 million pounds for losing the lottery :/
if I put money in a slot machine it does not even acknowledge it gets put in
when I walk the dog it looks at a lampost and decides to take a leak on my new shoes instead

i found a 20 pound note before!
i bought a newspaper and some cigarettes and what do ya know!
i lose the change i receive in a un-noticed hole in my pocket!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My birthday has fallen on Friday the 13th on numerous occasions.

Nothing spectacular. The day is what you make it -- if you buy into the superstition and you think you're going to have a bad day, you'll fall for confirmation bias.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
my birthday is october 13th

i remember reading that coal miners
would refuse to work on this day (uk)
il try to find more on it

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well tomorrow is my moms birthday and she's already crazy enough as it is...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I was born on Friday, November 13th, and I'm not unlucky whatsoever. If anything, after all the stupid stuff i've done in college, I'm blessed to still be alive, not to mention this lucky lol. Stuff is just the way it is, and it's however you perceive it.

I've always been extremely lucky as with my fathers family.. but who knows, may just be in the bloodline.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Friday the 13th was the day that the Knights Templar were arrested, they were then tortured until they admited to the crime of heresy and eventually burned at the stake. Many did manage to escape along with their vast treasures. They were the original bankers and it is rumoured that they went underground to emerge later as the free masons. I believe it was in October of 1149. but not sure. But that is the origin of Friday the 13th being unlucky.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It sure was a strange friday 13th for me, i didnt argue with my girlfriend all day, spooky stuff,

But didn't the whole friday 13th thing start just because of a movie ? Or does it go deeper than that.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

That's awesome! I never knew that but I assumed it had basis from some historical event.

As far as Friday the 13th (the date itself) I don't believe it's anything special/evil. Other than being the reason for my favorite number and love for Jason Voorhees that is.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
No, lol, friday the 13th is just like any other day.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Haha the girl in the woods guy. I personally am on the fence with this, I'd love to see where it all started though.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkDefender

The S always H'sTF on Friday the13th!

Some say that the concepts of Friday and the number 13 as being an unlucky are linked to the Bible. For example, Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus, has been labelled as ""the 13th guest" at the Last Supper.

Events that supposedly occurred on a Friday include the great flood during the time of Noah, the confusion of languages at the Tower of Babel, the day Eve tempted Adam with the apple, and the day Jesus Christ died. On Friday 13, October 1307, a warrant was issued for the Knights Templars to be arrested. Masses of Templars were tortured or executed by burning at the stake.
www.timeanddate.com...

I'm pretty sure this came out on the 13th too!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I got married on a Friday the 13th, on purpose. Everyone thought that my wife & I were weird to do it, but we just wanted to have a good time with our wedding date.

top topics

join