It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Trees: Prince of Wales Island Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I caught a program on TV the other day about Prince of Wales Island Alaska bigfoot. In the show they mention and video these huge trees that they attribute to bigfoot. The trees are actually the trunk portion of the tree with about 20 foot of actual tree trunk left and they are turned upside down and forced into the ground with the roots towards the sky. Now I don't know how this could be done without the use of large equipment and then it would mark the tree. These trees are completely undamaged. Pretty amazing. Here is the video. At the 5:00 mark they begin to talk about bigfoot. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Judging from the size of the tree whatever turned it upside down (if it wasn't a machine)
had to have been huge. I doubt something that big would be able to successfully stay hidden.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Judging from the size of the tree whatever turned it upside down (if it wasn't a machine)
had to have been huge. I doubt something that big would be able to successfully stay hidden.

My thoughts exactly. The native elder said this has been happening for decades and that the trees have been like that for some time. Something had to turn them upside down, and your right, it must have been HUGE!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Some people report saucers along with bigfoot sightings. It could be that these creatures are beings from either a different dimension similar to ours. Or they might be creatures from another planet. Anycase the point is that the trees could have been turned with some unknown device/technology. Just a bit more posibility to the bigfoot/sasquatch/yeti/wendigo mysteries.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Its not a big stretch that holes could be dug and primitive creatures would erect a meaningful monument for them selves. If a hole was dug its just a matter of lifting one end for it to slide upright.

I dont know what people expect from wild primates. Stonehenge?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Its not a big stretch that holes could be dug and primitive creatures would erect a meaningful monument for them selves. If a hole was dug its just a matter of lifting one end for it to slide upright.

I dont know what people expect from wild primates. Stonehenge?

If that were the case it would be the first time animals other than humans have built such a thing. That would be even bigger then finding bigfoot in my book.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
cool video,when i was young(7 or 8)we used to go camping and hunting in the everglades every weekend,and we saw skunk apes a couple times,they were short and colored much the same as an organgutan.i know,i know pics or it didnt happen.anyway thanks for the video

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Intriguing for sure, and I have never heard of these type of markings. I would imagine there would have been some more discovered in different regions throughout history if this is a genuine trait of the sasquatch. Anyone else ever heard of this? Can you imagine the power involved?!?! And yea, machinery would have left some scarring, no?

spec

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123
cool video,when i was young(7 or 8)we used to go camping and hunting in the everglades every weekend,and we saw skunk apes a couple times,they were short and colored much the same as an organgutan.i know,i know pics or it didnt happen.anyway thanks for the video

I live in NW Florida and have spent many days in the Everglades fishing. Anyone that has been in the glades knows anything can live there and be undetected. I have talked to many people who have seen something in the glades they couldn't explain. And these are men and women who hunt and fish and pretty much can identify any normal animal.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm not saying that Bigfoot exists or doesn't exist, I'm simply thinking outside of the context of how these trees have been presented to us via a Bigfoot TV show. I have a couple of thoughts;

Could these trees have been moved by a natural phenomenon? They indicated that the trees original death was a result of blow down. With the climate and topography in Alaska, could these trees have ended up in their current position due to being picked up and discarded by an avalanche, tornado, mud/rock slide, water run off or even glacial retreat?

They indicated that the trees had been noticed in this position as early as the 1940's and that the area had been logged. Could they have been placed this way in that time by humans but due to 70 years of time passing that the signs of machinery on the ground have disappeared? There might not be signs on the trees due to the use of ropes instead of hooks or clamps? Or as a previous poster said, holes were dug and one end of the tree was place in the hole and the other end lifted to erect them in their position?

Could the native elder simply have been playing a joke on the younger 15 year old hunter with the story of them being used by Bigfoot to mark their territory for his own amusement to pass the time while hunting?

Just some thoughts on my part

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

I think all that you mentioned is a possibility. This is why I brought this to ATS. However it seems most native people in North America have legends or stories to tell about real creatures and animals they have witnessed over time. Even though the elder is human and humans lie, I do put a lot of credit into Native American legends and stories. Native Americans have lived in harmony and off the land forever. If anyone would know the animals present on their land it would have been the Indians. I find it hard to believe that these men could confuse the bigfoots they have seen over time with more common animals in the forest.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just to be clear... I was only thinking of how the tress came to be in their present state and not discounting native beliefs or what the two men in the boat saw ( although, I do find it peculiar that the other man has never spoken about it). Again Bigfoot may or may not exist...I don't know.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Either huge or very strong... I would think a few bigfoot's (bigfeet?) could do it. Then again we have nothing to base this off of. If it was human activity you would think there would be some form of evidence of this. I remember seeing this show a while back. The parts that stuck with me were these trees of course, and the story at the start of the show. The local fishermen that saw a kodiak bear run away from something, then the witness said a big upright bipedal creature stepped out of the tree line.

I want to believe his story... Guy had lived there his whole life and would have no reason to lie. All it would do is make his life hard. For a kodiak bear to flee says it was something not to be trifled with. I for one have never seen a bear run from anything that wasn't shooting at it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another clarification on the trees...they said that the trees weighted a 1,000 pds...yes that would be a lot for one man to move but considering a man can lift 100 pds on his own, a group of 10 men could move those trees with their own strength without any difficulty.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I do not know if bigfoot exists or not however these trees are really interesting to say the least. I don't want to go out on a limb and say they are proof. However it is pretty compelling evidence that something powerful had to move the trees like that. Not saying its a squatch but not saying it isn't.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One would think there would be large impressions on the ground, something had to support the weight of the tree be it bigfoot or machinery. I really wish they had done a little better looking for marks on the ground. Nothing can lift that amount of weight and not leave an impression in a soft marsh.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very interesting video, The tree thing is weird, i don't know how it can be explained without there being marks on the tree and the ground, i don't quite know what to make of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
not impressed. I've worked for a landscaping firm before and I've personally been involved in removing 1000 pound tree stumps. I've had me and two day labors (who each weighed only about 145lbs) roll 1000lb tree stumps up hill out of a six foot deep hole end over end like a cartwheel. it only took three small men about 10 minutes to accomplish this. Anybody could dig a whole and get a few guys to plant a tree upside down. it's not that hard to do.

It seems hard. and it's hard work but it's very feasible.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wow. I really wish I could have caught this program when it aired.
I find it slightly surprising that if this has been going on in that region for decades that there hasn't been more documentation/publicity about it.
Definitely have to keep looking into this one.

new topics

top topics

join