It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Destroyed The Black Woman, Black Woman Destroyed The Black Man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
I also believe that a lot of black men are going for white women simply because the majority of black women participate in that lifestyle, the black men that don't are trying to get away from that lifestyle, but yes there are always the white hoodrats that black men get also.

It's not like that at all.

It's overweight white women that go for black guys.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm not black, but I grew up and lived most of my life in a part of Maryland that was majority black. I can see the point you are trying to make, but the thing us, you are so focused on this being a true dynamic for blacks, that you fail to see the same dynamics destroying non blacks, too. There are forces in the media that pander to the lowest, most base and degrading instincts and insecurities in us all to break up all our families, weaken all our women, and tell all our men it's cool to be a bad boy slacker. What you say that holds true for many black folks I know in one part of MD also holds true for white folks I know in another part. My best friend's nephew had to claw his way out of the black street thug lifestyle but over in the next county my husband's kin fell into the white equivalent of it, having kids out of wedlock, not having jobs to support them and doing drugs and landing in jail. I know white and black young people who got shot as a result of getting mixed up in that.

Meanwhile you have a good number of black and white folks who hold their heads up, use their brains and stay out of that mess. Almost everything good I have in my life at the moment is the gift of a black person. It was a black woman who gave my husband his big career break. It was several black women and men who mentored me in mine. My best role model was a black male engineer, one of several I worked for. The secrets of successful marriages were passed to me over many coffee breaks with the smart and funny black ladies I worked with and worked for over the years.

The doctor who treated me in my youth for endocrinological problems was a black man. The obgyn who brought my child into the world was a black woman. She was the best in the practice. The minister who did my wedding ceremony was a black woman. The medical staff that cured both my parents of cancer was comprised in large number of black men and women. Black teachers also played a significant role in my life.

If I can find all these great black role models who made my entire family what it is and saved our lives and helped us build our lives...why can't you? I know I wrote a book here but after all that strong, wise and generous black people have done for me, I am not going to sit by quietly and let any black person look around and see only despair. Look for the positive, embrace the positive, create the positive. The foundation of a strong and prosperous black population is founded on the personal efforts of individuals. Forget the rap, think of Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror". Actually there is a trend in hip hop and rap now to bring more positive messages. Support the artists who do that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I guess I am like this because I live in Canada, not only that TORONTO! The city of copycats. When I look around at my youth today, there are very few here who don't have a lifestyle and are just looking to be themselves. I focus on black people because I am black and the majority of black youth that I see copy everything they see on TV and from Black Americans.

This video is comedy but it is honestly the way my people act here.
www.youtube.com...

and this is how the black women in toronto act.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-4-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

We are what we choose to be. You are wise and awakened. Find the right woman for yourself, she is out there. You may have to leave Toronto to find her, but don't settle for just any woman and for the sake of yourself and society, do not risk procreating with the kind of woman you do not respect and who would perpetuate destructive values to your children. People are always talking about how women need to be more selective and not accept men who are trash, but for society to gain any real benefit the values have to go both ways and men simply must stop sleeping with and risk impregnating stupid useless women and creating children who won't get the care and education and upbringing they deserve. A pretty face and fine figure will count for nothing if the woman has a bad character and ends up with enough hold over a man to make his life a living hell. Usually that hold is through kids.

What you say and show about black women is true for a lot of white women these days, too. That subculture
you wisely avoid is now embraced by a whole new generation of whites, too, and whites throw their own spin on it. But at its heart it is the same old crap.

Laziness, materialism, ignorance, vice, shortsightedness is not endemic to any one race. Do not fall into that trap of believing it is. Get out into the world and see how stupid the other half lives!

Your point about the media feuling this IS a really excellent one. It is all about marketing. The corporations can't sell you their crap unless they convince you you NEED it. There was a time that we taught children that the things worth valuing were things that money can't buy: family, self respect, faith, community.

But over time businesses got better and better at using all the advances in psychology and changes in culture to shift the focus onto the idea that you HAVE to BUY family, self respect...and even faith and community. We got told we wouldn't attract spouses unless our shirts and our teeth were white, our hair was made the opposite of whatever it naturally is. Meaning women like me with straight hair were sold on perms, women with curly hair were sold on flat irons and straighteners. Tan people need to get lighter, light people need to get more tan. Fat people need to get skinny, thin people need to get curves. For every condition of existence, there is a product out there to change it into something else.

And there are scheming people looking to CREATE and fuel the insecurities in people to buy these things and change themselves. They get sold on the idea they are not good enough as they are, but if they have the right hair, smell the right scent, drive the right car, make the right kind of money...they will be somebody.

Self worth and self respect got separated from a person's actions and choices and instead got tied into how much money they acquired and how much stuff they own. And this happened all across the board, all across racial and cultural lines and to both genders and all ages.

It's not that there is necessarily an evil conspiracy behind it. It is just about corporations doing what corporations do, maximizing profits no matter the cost to society, to mankind, to the earth itself. Media and pop culture happens to be a very effective tool to use for them.

But hold onto hope. Not everyone buys into this. Look around and find the awakened people, they are out there. Look beyond pretty faces and fine figures yourself. Look at morals, character and values. Find your right woman, have a beautiful family, treasure them, teach them and let's rebuild our culture one family unit at a time.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

Man, did you just say the MAJORITY of black men want to be gangsters? GTFOH. You sound like Bill O'Reilly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join