It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

actually after re reading what i wrote i think its a bit ludicrous of me to suggest we would be in trouble as a species if it was not for homophobia. I also support homosexuals right to do what ever they want, I guess i just associate my repulsiveness of homosexuality with homophobia.

P.S. fat girls need love too

edit on 29-4-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Study: Law abiding citizens many be hidden serial killers.

Study: Dog lovers may be hidden cat lovers.

Study: Non-smokers may be hidden smokers.

Study: Nuns may be hidden prostitutes.

Might be fun to go on and on.....but this should prove a point.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

It's is called denial.
It likens to the people that are always talking about sex or about all the sex they are "getting" not to mention the braggarts that claim to be the best a pleasuring the ladies/men.
It's all B.S.
They are not getting any at all or are complete failures in the sack.

A lot of these same people are homophobic big time. Yet they will be the first one's to crack a gay or lesbian
comment or joke.
They are also the one's who will grab at one-an-other's genitals/breast area etc..
Men that make reference to the anus in a joking manner is another clue.
Yet this type of personality claim not to be interested in homosexuality and generally swing to the opposite
direction reacting with fear or anger(often violent) if approached by gay/lesbian
or if they are called out as leaning toward homosexuality.

They don't realize that they aren't fooling anyone but themselves,
Just like the "getting so much" sex braggarts.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof

Very interesting. What do you think?

To me this view is most commonly expressed by people who are themselves homosexuals. They seem to feel the need (a psychologist could have a field day with that one
) to show that we are all the same and that most of us have repressed homosexual fantasies. Well we aren't and we don't and they need to get over it.
That said of course there are some 'closet homosexuals' - some of whom are married to the opposite sex even.
edit on 1-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well if it's true then it stems to reason that there would also be heterophobes who may be hidden heterosexuals.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have had homosexual friends pretend to be straight. In an attempt to bond with heterosexual males they have made homophobic statements. "Did you see that disgusting *****, or " I hope they don't hit on me" . A large amount of deception seems to accompany much of the homosexual activity I have observed. In my opinion, a crossed circuit, not that I am against that sort of thing. The study is right, I suspect the entire right wing of being gay.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Heterosexuals that condone homosexuality may be hidden homosexuals themselves.

That makes much more sense.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
So the kkk are just a bunch of repressed black people... I think this is all just a clever way to try n make everybody accept gays. I'm all for girl girl action but other than that it is wrong and should be kept in the closet

aw, your child-like sense of ineptitude is showing!
that's one of them thar straw man arguments. There does not exist an environment in which blacks are discouraged from revealing the fact that they are secretly black. if a rude and mean-spirited gay person is afraid to come out as confidently gay, they MIGHT just repress those feelings and they MIGHT just resurface as negativity and violence. that doesn't mean that every homophobic bully is secretly gay. They are just awful people.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Heterosexuals that condone homosexuality may be hidden homosexuals themselves.

That makes much more sense.

how does that make any sense? because a straight person tolerates gays, doesn't worry about them, let's them "do their thing," they're secretly gay? if that were the case, there's nothing keeping them from coming out themselves. the homophobic bully won't come out as gay because he's spent so much time bashing the gay lifestyle and saying it's wrong. then he would either have to commit suicide or recant his former intolerance. the tolerant friend to homosexuals thinks it's ok to be gay. why would they then continue to hide in the closet?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
always remember going into a gay bar to meet a friend along with the mrs and a few mates and one of them kept mentioning backs to the wall etc and wouldn't goto the loo alone while the rest of us didn't care and got our asses whipped at pool by a few butch ladies and they all said that he pinged their gaydar so it doesn't suprise me that people who have an hatred for gays are probably so far in the closet that they're in narnia

Was that in The Three Tuns by any chance?

Pains me to see it all boarded up.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
To be fair this has actually been known for a while. A few years back there was a study that measured, shall we say, physiological arousal in people while flashing images of same-sex and different-sex couples engaged in sex. This study found that there were a number of homophobes that became aroused when shown the same-sex couples. What this current study has done is taken that same premise and then approached it from cognitive psychology point of view as opposed to a physiological psychology point of view. In the end it definitely strengthens the claim that some of the most vehement homophobes are in fact homosexuals.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Might be fun to go on and on.....but this should prove a point.

Yes, that you didn't understand the study. Nobody's out there calling cat lovers abominations and denying them rights everyone else has. We live in a culture where homosexuals are not just looked down upon but outright loathed by a decent proportion of the population. If you grow up in a household and a society where you're told things like you're going to burn for all eternity if you're a homosexual do you really think you're going to come out as homosexual when you start having those urges? No. You're going attempt to convince everyone that you're straight by overcompensating.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can't believe people are saying "I don't believe it" even when the study is actual proof. This study is not saying that EVERY SINGLE homophobe is gay. It is just PROVING the fact that A LOT of homophobes do INDEED have gay tendencies that they hide.

Whether you "believe" or not is irrelevant because this is actual fact.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Actually, no it's not. Just because there's one published study doesn't make it an acceptable fact.

If it had multiple studies and the majority of the scientific community accept it, it would be a fact and then would become a theory.

Really, all it's really saying is that "those who protest the loudest are the ones who practice it the most".

Which is just not true.

And definately prone to double standards.

The double standards is that those who claim that of other people will not hold themselves to the same standards and say it's impossible for them but it must be true for others.

edit on 2-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddnutz
reply to post by Domo1

actually after re reading what i wrote i think its a bit ludicrous of me to suggest we would be in trouble as a species if it was not for homophobia. I also support homosexuals right to do what ever they want, I guess i just associate my repulsiveness of homosexuality with homophobia.

P.S. fat girls need love too

edit on 29-4-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

Wow, I don't like you one bit! ^

As a lesbian (a feminine, attractive one, gasp!) I have witnessed in people how homphobia can be a 'cover up' of feelings that a person may have been conditioned not to ever feel, and in turn, they will fight and yell at those feelings in such a way that expresses itself as homophobia. I find that those who are comfortable in their own sexuality, are usually comfortable with the sexuality of another, regardless.

I've also met many a homophobic men, who happily accept lesbianism (if the lesbian is feminine) but are disgusted by gay men. What a surprise!

Anyway, live and let live, I don't care what everyone else is doing in bed, as long as there is love in our lives, what does it matter?

edit on 2-5-2012 by AmazonOfArtemis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

Ugh, this sounds like children in grade school saying, "He who smelt it dealt it".

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
have posted this a few days ago to a couple of the gay-bashing threads,

its obvious in society in so many forms... first and foremost with religious "leaders" - Clergy who preach and even quote God supposedly having conversations with people and having always hating on gays or homo acts, yet those same people have a historic epidemic of not just being gay but even scandalous and abuse-of-power homosexual affairs- priests.

the ultimate sacrilege - preaching hate to the community of something you are- why???

and to top it off, using/quoting Gods name to do it!

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

Ever notice something about homophobes?

It's always ranting about gays trying to have sex with them, or people trying to force them to be gay.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

how did you guess
was a fun night

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What about "race supremacists" (All races have em')

Is it because they don't want to admit that "their" race is inferior?
(they truly don't want to accept it, so they "fear" the unknown?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join