It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Nail polish contains dangerous chemicals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Maybe that is why those old Chinese women they always bring out of the back to do my pedicures are so damn mean? About once or twice per year, my wife talks me into joining her for a pedicure. She promises me it will be fun, and she promises me I will enjoy all the little asian girls running around, bringing me wine, rubbing my feet etc.

Last time I went, there were sure enough a dozen cute little asian girls, but just for me, they brought out some triad, gangster looking, ninja bodybuilder to rub my feet!
It was ROUGH! And he flirted with her the whole time he did it, but then winked at me and said, "Don't beat me up bro, just playing."

Time before that, they wheeled out a 150 year old crippled up old women from the back, apparently they unhooked her from life support just long enough to clip my toenails, pound on my calf muscles, and turn my water up to 211 degrees to boil my feet!

I think she pre-arranges it, and I think she gets a free service everytime she talks me into coming in there as comic relief!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, since this is just going to be a thread harping on women for wearing makeup I might as well skip out BUT, I'm sure there are some ladies here who might want a little information on safe cosmetics.

You guys are so unhelpful.

Ok, the chemicals in question are the "toxic trio" , toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and formaldehyde. If see the label "3 free" this is what it is referring to. The labels I know of offhand that don't use these chemicals are Butter, Zoya,, Julep, Sparitual and Nubar. Sally Hanssen agreed to finally go 3 free a few years ago, but I wouldn't trust em to label their products right. OPI still refuses to take out formaldehyde for some reason. Check here: www.ewg.org... and you will find information about your brand of choice.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is very funny material you have there. Thanx for sharing

Ok, the chemicals in question are the "toxic trio" , toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and formaldehyde. If see the label "3 free" this is what it is referring to. The labels I know of offhand that don't use these chemicals are Butter, Zoya,, Julep, Sparitual and Nubar. Sally Hanssen agreed to finally go 3 free a few years ago, but I wouldn't trust em to label their products right. OPI still refuses to take out formaldehyde for some reason. Check here: www.ewg.org... and you will find information about your brand of choice.

this is excellent info for any ladies out there who'd like to be a litle less toxic
edit on 12-4-2012 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That's sweet , gready, I can feel how much you love and care for her in your post.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for sharing with women and the men who love them, the fact that there are "3 free" products! And also for sharing the link!

It could be that makeup and personal care products will finally be made safer to use, just as hair dyes were finally made safer:

Hair Coloring
It’s true that early hair coloring formulations contained chemicals that were found to be toxic to health, and research as recent as 2004 has suggested that women who used dark hair color regularly before 1980 had a higher incidence of certain types of cancers. However, manufacturers removed the known carcinogenic ingredients in the mid-1970s, and today’s hair coloring formulations have not been shown to raise brain cancer risk. A 2007 NIH study concluded that there was no consistent association between the personal use of synthetic hair coloring and glioma, meningioma or acoustic neuroma (three types of brain tumors).

source

While the nail polish concern in the OPs link was primarily for work place health, there should also be a warning that chemicals in beauty and personal care products applied on the skin can find their way into the body, besides inhaling fumes when applying. And if younger and younger girls are encouraged to use such products, are these products safe for THEIR use?

...pictures it again....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Study: Nail polish contains dangerous chemicals

WOW!
for a minute I though the OP was trying to tell me there is nail polish in the dangerous chemicals I'm swilling.
well, I am glad we cleared that up.

so, you're saying I shouldn't be drinking nail polish?

you're probably right.

I'll switch back to diet cola first thing in the morning

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

...pictures it again....

Sure, funny to you!

It is funny, but it is 100% true! I couldn't believe the meanness of the little old lady beating on my calf muscles, and my expression must have been priceless, because my wife was trying so hard not to laugh that tears were running down her face.

The gangsta ninja was also hiding out somewhere in the back, sleeveless shirt, with tats all the way down both arms, bald head, 5'6" but 230lbs of solid muscle, and being nice in a mocking way and winking at me like we were old buddies, while he flirted with her! And again, she was looking at the ceiling, looking out the window, red-faced, trying so hard not to burst into uncontrollable laughter that she was on the verge of either tears or running out the door at any second.

I don't learn too quick though, and in another 5 or 6 months, she will lure me back with the promise of pretty young women massaging my feet and serving me wine, and how relaxing it is, and how much nicer my feet will feel afterwards.

It has to be a set up.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh, indeed, I, too, think you were set up...
...and, yes, beware the next time...
..."fool me once, etc."...

One of my all-time favorite shows, Reno 911, had a scene where...well, I'll let them explain...

As part of a prostituion sting, Junior goes undercover as a customer at a massage parlor. An Asian woman in full Geisha regalia begins by smacking his body with a long palm frond, then beating him with a lotion bottle. She continues to abuse him until she finally throws him on the floor and jumps all over him. Unable to take any more, Junior runs out of the parlor. On the hidden camera we see the "Asian" woman with her normal American accent tell someone over the phone that she doesn’t think the cops will be coming back anytime soon.

source

Hey, if your wife wants to recommend a good masseuse after your pedicure beating, well, consider yourself warned...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join