It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets and the after life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

That was such a sad and heartfelt story, so thank you for sharing it with us. My deepest condolences goes out to you.

I think the reason most people say Heaven is reserved for humans only, is because Heaven has an opposite: Hell.

These two places are reserved for humans who make judgements based on their choice.

To me, everyone else who cannot make judgements based on choice: babies, animals, crazy people for example, are returned to the Essence that is God.
Think of it this way, they go somewhere WAY better than heaven
And who's to say you wont be allowed to see your dog when you go to the other side and ask for it?
Hope that helps.

edit on 14-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I want to write down now in bold, that I am confused by the meaning of life. I do not know why it consists of a proud father dying and the world belonging only to his son afterwards. After a close pet, a dog from whom I knew at 5 years olf to 17 years old, died in my arms, I saw his face in the sky after 3 days. It still doesn't answer any questions I have about the mysterious reality of life, and it doesn't tell me what to do.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Animals are in a higher spiritual state than most people.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I completely agree. They don't have higher reasoning brain function that interferes with their spiritual nature. They are just always in that state of spiritual awareness.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I think the notion that only humans have souls is one of the most egotistical notions there is. In the end it's all based on one piece of the creation story- the mention of god breathing the breath of life into man. What people don't stop to consider is that the creation of man is the most detailed account in the creation story. All the other bits are given in a sort of cliffs notes version. That being said- it was the breath of god that animated man- thus, it could and should be argued that it is the breath of god that animates all living things. Just because it doesn't mention god breathing breath into dogs, cats or fish doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just wasn't mentioned. At any rate- I believe all of life is sacred. After all, isn't all of life part of creation? Yes, according to the account we are made in god's image- but that doesn't mean that the rest of life is worthless. God created it all- so it's all sacred. And how can something live without a soul? Isn't that what makes it alive in the first place?? Maybe, maybe not. I believe it is. Personally, I don't believe that the soul resides in the body- rather I believe that the body is a projection of the soul- thus any living thing is the manifestation of a soul, so-to-speak. As far as the afterlife is concerned- I have read the Bible, and it never mentions people being the exclusive species to enter Heaven. Rather, it says that God knows when a bird falls from the sky, and the lillies in the field fret not- so it seems that he is interested in all of his works. I think the concepts of heaven and hell have been severly manipulated to suit certain doctrines, and at the end of the day it could be argued that our soul is energy- and energy can neither be created nor destroyed- so I believe that you and yours will always be together- in one way or another. Trust your heart. What does it tell you? My guess is that it tells you all will be well. Trust that. It knows what it's talking about. Happy day to you, and my sincerest sympathies for your temporary loss.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
"A tool in your hands I am dear God, the sweetest instrument you have shaped my being into. What makes me now complete-
feeling the soul of every creature against my heart. Does every creature have a soul? Surely they do; for everything God has touched will have life forever. And all creatures he has held." - St. Francis of Assisi

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet.
I believe that the Creator of all things has given
us heaven as a reward to be united with our
loved ones, both man and our pets, for all eternity.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't know if this is going to help or not. I'm still not only the loss of my Luci.

Ever. Will I see her again? I HAVE NO DOUBT!

Find peace - your dog is patient and loves you - still.

I'd love to see a pic of your dog - multiple pics!

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am so sorry for the loss of your pet and the hurt you feel. But you didn't lose her. She's right there with you and ever as loving as when she was with you in this life. The silly notion that dogs do not have souls is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!! Another wonderful feat of an organized religion - getting people to believe they'll never see their pets again. That's really messed up and dead wrong! You can look in their eyes and see that they have a soul. They can love. How can something that is given the ability to love not have a soul? I believe all creatures have souls.

I found my dog "Buddy" in a park many years ago also when he was 2. The owner gave him to me because he couldn't take care of him. We had many wonderful years together and he was my very best friend. I had to put him down because he had an incurable disease. The vet put his body in a bag and I took 'it' home to lay up a ways over the wooded hills in an open space for the circle of life to let the other animals and birds have their food. As soon as I got in my car I heard his tail beat against the seat a few times. Unmistakeable sound. We all know what that sounds like. My husband came home later that afternoon knowing that I had taken him to the vet to be passed on. My husband on occasion has seen people who have passed on and so have I. He came into the bedroom breaking up with tears in his eyes. He said, "I saw Buddy" and we cried holding each other that we could no longer touch him or see him but that he was still with us. No doubt I believed him. He said he was walking up the hill towards the house and looked up and there he was by the house wagging his tail so hard his body was wagging with him - "Dad's home!!" He saw him for just a few fleeting seconds and then Buddy had dissappeared. The next day I spoke with my daughter who loved Buddy very much. She said, "Mom, I heard his tail beating against the wall last night. Only about four times but it was the sound of a dog's tail beating against the wall. I know it was Buddy."

My husband also out of the blue saw his cat, "Dawg" sitting on him one evening. He sat there and then jumped off and ran down the hall. We had to put "Dawg" down from mouth cancer. That evening as we were laying in bed we both felt him walking around on the pillows and the bed and did so several nights after that. We moved back to Colorado a year later and still sometimes, I feel the pillow dipping and there's nothing there. But.... it could still be one or both of my cats that got eaten by coyotes several years ago. Or, Dawg could have followed us. Maybe not on the plane - who knows? But in the spirit world I think navigation must be a little different.

When I moved to Colorado in my 20's I had to leave my cat, Leo, behind. I loved him and hated to leave him but I had no other choice. A few months later I was laying in my bed and all of a sudden it felt like Leo was right inside my chest. I could feel the essence of him and the love from him. It lasted maybe 20 minutes? He was right there and it made me cry because he was WAS right there with me. About a week later, I got a call from the man and daughter who I left him with. Leo had dissappeared about a week before and did not return home. He was an outside cat but knew his home - he was not a runner nor the kind of cat that would take off for days. I truly believe that he died somehow and found my spirit on that invisible plane we all share but can't see. Same thing happened with one of my cats that got eaten by a coyote - I felt Dusty in my heart soo, so strong. And even after we had to put "Dawg" down, that night at dinner we could just feel him, but we could feel his happiness and relief of no more pain.

So, don't worry. There are no favorites. If our pets had made themself known, your sweet dog IS with you also. Some people are gifted with their presence in one way or another and others just aren't. I don't know why. She may run around here and there but she will always come back. She probably rests with you while you sleep and jumps in the car with you and follows you around the grocery store. She's there. Don't worry. And I'm quite sure you will see her again. There is love, and would love and it's Creator really allow an eternal separate of two spirits who loved each other?

Still, to this day, when I'm alone, sometimes I say "Hi Bud!" or call his name when I'm walking. Just to let him know that I know he's there and I haven't forgotten. Maybe sometimes he's off running around but maybe sometimes he's with me when I acknowledge his presence, even when I have no clue. THAT'S how much I KNOW they are still around us when they pass on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join