It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets and the after life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I agree with the other posters that you should throw out what you were taught and listen to what is inside of you. Love is not something that is created by neurotransmitters and neurons. It is a state of being that is created and experienced by more than the chemical reactions in our bodies, regardless if that body has 2 or 4 legs. Love is an energy exchange between beings, and energy cannot be destroyed. If you are interested in looking into this further, I would recommend taking a look at Karen Anderson's website. She can communicate with animals even after they have passed and can relay messages that our departed babies would like us to know. They are always still around us, watching and protecting. Your baby is not far away. (I have worked with Karen twice to find two lost cats, and with her help I was able to get them back.) I hope you find healing and peace in the days to come.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Thank you for sharing those beautiful memories of your dog and how she had become a part of your family.
I'm sorry to hear that she was unwell and had to be put down. You were truly blessed to have her in your life for 15 years.

I absolutely believe that dogs, and indeed all animals, have souls, and that they reincarnate just as we humans do. If you decide to adopt another dog one day, keep an eye out for traits that she used to have – it just might be her coming back to say hello again.

take care TW

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am sorry for your loss. I am confident that you will see her again. I am not sure what your beliefs are but here is something to think about,

Matthew 10:29 - Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.

All animals belong to God (Psalm 24:1)

God cares for the animals (1 John 4:16)

and my favorite

"Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:7-10)

PLPL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It's amazing how I have lost a two grandmothers, a grandfather, and even a close cousin.

I mourned for each one of them, but never was I broken.

I rarely cry, but now I find myself with emotions I have never felt before. My home still smells like her (we often had to give her baths because of the tumor making the house constantly smell of wet dog.) I used to do all I could to cover the smell, now it is a sweet reminder of the life of my best friend.

I am trying my hardest to pre-occupy my mind, but even the smallest sound reminds me of her. She would sit under my feet as I worked at my computer (I work from home). She couldn't hear (age) so I would have to nudge her to get her attention to go outside or go to the bedroom. Everytime I getup I look to nudge her, so that she knows I am leaving the area.

I knew this day would soon come, but I wasn't prepared for the deepest sadness I have ever felt.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

The point here is I have heard that Dogs have no souls and heaven is reserved for Humans only.

That's the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard. If humans have a soul, then every animal has a soul. We're animals too and we're all made of the same stuff. I swear some people don't understand their place in this universe.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

"Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:7-10)

I like this verse too. I've had several experiences with my dog and other animals where they were teaching me things. It's sort of telepathic. I think if you really want an animals opinion of what it thinks of you, you can get it.

The crazy thing is we both had the same look in our eyes like we were both learning from each other.
edit on 12-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Best reply yet.

I firmly believe that the poem? 'Desiderata' should be taught in schools as a core topic.

"Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy."

P

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It has always been my opinion that animals "know". When you compare the life of an animal and that of a human, it is easy to see that in the spiritual sense they abide more with the laws of God then most people do. The most prominent being unconditional love. I think that is why the loss of a pet is so hard, they never intentionally set out to hurt anyone, they have no voice to speak harsh and cruel words, and when you call them they are there, now try finding a human who fits that description. ALL living creatures are created by God, and that being said, they all have a place in his kingdom.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I have no doubt that she'll be the first to greet you when you get to "the other side".....so sorry for this tremendous loss....she is free from pain....and is hanging out in Heaven.....you gave her a great doggie life...and you helped her pass through....you couldn't have loved her better....have faith....prayers are coming your way...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I'm crying as I write this because I feel for you more than I can say.

And so I will tell you something that I KNOW is true only because it was something I personally experienced and there is no way that I imagined it...but it is a long story and kind of personal...I would be glad to share the details privately, so let me know...but suffice it to say that dogs have souls...all animals, actually...even plants although they are of a different organic structure somehow...I can't explain it but the communication is different because of it, somehow.

And I know reincarnation is a fact...I already knew that when I lost my last little dog...I loved her so much and I was more heartbroken then I admitted to anyone because I did not think anyone would consider it normal to be so grief-stricken over a dog...but I know you understand...I kept it to myself and to GOD but I asked GOD with all my heart to let me have her again as my dog...and even though at that time, my circumstances would not have made it possible to even have another dog, especially the kind I'd chosen for her next time...I chose a dog that was strong in everything Sassy was weak in...so she wouldn't be scared or cold and could enjoy her dog life better than before...all this I just did because my heart was broken.

But GOD blessed me and her, too...and while I didn't expect Him to do so to the point of seeing things that weren't there just to tell myself she was back...I did expect Him to bless me because He always does...for all of us, if we know how to see it...anyway...it was like 3 months to the day when I got Goldy...and she is the exact breed I'd picked but could not afford...I was able to do everything that 3 months earlier seemed totally out of reach!

And I loved her just as a new dog...she is really great. So my heart was mending and I didn't NEED to see the strange things now and then that made it clear that Goldy's soul and Sassy' soul were the same soul...just little odd things that Sassy used to do...Goldy would do just once and maybe twice but never again...things that most dogs don't do or things that Goldy hadn't been conditioned to do like Sassy was.

One example is that I always used to give Sassy grated cheese when I used it to cook...and she knew the sound of that plastic cheese wrapping! Well, I didn't give Goldy cheese or anything out of plastic wrapping (not at first anyway LOL) but one day when she'd only been here maybe a month, I was using the cheese and she heard the wrapper and came over to me just like Sassy always did, even looking at me with that same look except she also had this look in her eyes like 'What am I doing THIS for?' And she had never done that before when I'd opened the cheese...that was something I noticed because it was like a ritual and I missed it, if you dig. And about two times she did that and didn't do it again ever...and I gave her cheese both times...

And some other things happened and I'm certain of what I say. But Goldy is Goldy and for the first several months, I still broke down in tears to think of Sassy...even though I had gotten her back...it is hard to explain, really. I did get over it...I think it was harder than usual because Sassy had gotten sick and I had diligently nursed her for almost an entire month, feeding her baby food and ice cream but she dwindled away no matter what I did and that is a hard thing to endure...whether it is a human or an animal, it is one of the worst situations to live through, I think...I was an RN for 10 years so I know about nursing but when it is a creature who is in your heart...when they cross over...your heart breaks for the emptiness...already being made fragile by the futile labor of love already wrought in the preceding illness.

Your girl will come back to you, I'm sure! If you want it and ask, I don't know why it wouldn't happen. GOD Is good and GOD is love...my GOD is, anyway...and above all, HE IS REAL...so I will ask on your behalf, too...two requests surely seal the deal!

I hope you get some comfort from what I've said because I am telling you, like I said, what I KNOW...not that I'm saying this is what everyone should know or believe and that is for others reading who might want to contest my experience which is not up for discussion as to whether it was valid or not, etc....but you can be sure I would not tell you something so important if I didn't trust in it as reliable and certain...especially about something like losing your best friend. I know what that's like...
...and I'm so sorry for your loss...but I have learned that there really aren't any good-byes in the Kingdom...just 'see ya soon' and 'I'll be back!'
edit on 4/12/2012 by queenannie38 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's amazing how I have lost a two grandmothers, a grandfather, and even a close cousin.

I mourned for each one of them, but never was I broken.

I rarely cry, but now I find myself with emotions I have never felt before. My home still smells like her (we often had to give her baths because of the tumor making the house constantly smell of wet dog.) I used to do all I could to cover the smell, now it is a sweet reminder of the life of my best friend.

I am trying my hardest to pre-occupy my mind, but even the smallest sound reminds me of her. She would sit under my feet as I worked at my computer (I work from home). She couldn't hear (age) so I would have to nudge her to get her attention to go outside or go to the bedroom. Everytime I getup I look to nudge her, so that she knows I am leaving the area.

I knew this day would soon come, but I wasn't prepared for the deepest sadness I have ever felt.

I just have to say again that I KNOW what you're feeling! It is shocking and so desolate and I wondered at times how I'd ever endure it! The lowest point for me came exactly a month after her last day...and what is another sign is that same day turned out to be the day my new dog was born! It was November 22. I am not someone who considers suicide a possibility for any reason...I've been low before...but I'll tell you...the only thing that probably kept me here on that day was the fact that I have never considered my life something I had authority over as far as when it began or ended...and who could I have told that to?
My family would have had me on suicide watch...LOL...they know me well yet not at all in some ways, I guess...they know I stick to my guns but I don't think they know what guns I carry.

It's going to be hard for a while, I know it is. Just hang in there, is all I can say. And know you're not alone! I bet she's with you right now, actually...I don't know if you have that kind kind of perception but even if not...you might be able to tap into it now because of the bond you shared with her...'feel' for her...see if she's there. If you want, that is...if you think it would give you comfort.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hugs and a shoulder of comfort to you. Quiet understanding and help brushing your tears away.

Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Matrix. 16.5 yrs kitty. His momma kept moving him out of the litter at dusk and relocating her brood, folks across the street kept putting this pitiful grey tabby back with its fam. Two days in a row, my friend co worker was telling us this, so we went to visit her after dinner to see if momma cat did it again. She brought the grey kitten across the street to us, flitted around a bit and left. To move her litter, she never looked back. I took this barely 4 week kitten home, hand nursed him many times a day, fortunately we worked at a small publishing house and took him to work with me. Till he was able to eat on his own. I had this cat long enough he was old enough to drive. My grandmother would even ask about him when she called. We were that connected. He saw me through grief and joyfulness. I lived in a busy house, ex and mother inlaw and his sister and kids all the time, no one was willing or able to be with me when it was time for me to surrender to fate that he was no longer able to live even remotely comfortably. I took him to the vet and stayed with him through the first shot and as long as they would let me till they absolutely had to finish the procedure. Poor thing his fur was so wet when I handed him over, he looked as pitiful as the day I got him, but this time it was because of love not abandonment.

I am so sorry you had to loose your best friend. Just remember to adopt again please.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm crying at work from your posts. I'm so sorry for the loss. It hurts to lose a friend like that.

I believe that they do have souls and we will see them again.

Heck, I've even written on here a few times about how sometimes I think the cat we lost a few years ago still comes around. I've lost many animals over the years, including my own dog that I had for 15 years, and I know that not much anyone can say will help but I hope that you take care of yourself. Hang in there...

Always remember the years you had together. Someday I believe we will have many more with them again.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveyLadybug

Your username!

Her name is Lady, and my wife nicknamed her Ladybug.

thank you, you couldn't have picked a better name.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You guys helped me in comforting my six year old daughter. Her and I had a long talk last night about how Lady is playing with a couple other dogs who have recently passed away.

You know when they say tragedy happens in 3's?

Well that has been the case here, as a couple of months ago my father in law had a Shelty get hit by a school bus, then our Lady passed away, and yesterday my wifes sister's shelty died suddenly. All of these dogs were loved to the core by their respective people.

I have to believe that they are all together and that there was a purpose greater than us for this to have happened to all three in such close time to each other, even though all of them lived in separate homes. it just seems to much of a coincidence for there not to be a reason.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yesterday I had to put down my most beloved Dog of 15 years. I was 17 and in high school when I found her at a local park after she had been abandon by her previous owner.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

The point here is I have heard that Dogs have no souls and heaven is reserved for Humans only. But this makes no since to me, as I don't see how god can give such a heart to an animal and literally make them your best companion, as they do not judge you nor do they betray you (in most cases), and then just make it as they never existed. They make life worth living and are all ways there when you need them, no questions asked. Many of these traits we find in our pets are those that which God commands us to do.

If it makes no sense to you, then do not let it affect your feelings about your friend.

I am of the opinion that animals are much closer to God than people are, this is why we see such loving and caring and - even - compassionate animals.

So what is your thoughts, will I get the chance to see my girl again?

I think you will. She loved you very much, and wanted to protect you always; I would not be surprised if she comes back to you again in this lifetime.

Sorry if this seems emotional, but this is hitting me very hard. I tried to prepare for it, but nothing can get you prepared for the loss of your best friend.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being emotional at the loss of your best friend - you do need time to grieve.

I have to believe that they are all together and that there was a purpose greater than us for this to have happened to all three in such close time to each other, even though all of them lived in separate homes. it just seems to much of a coincidence for there not to be a reason.
Maybe they came and left at the same time so you'd all learn how to love deeply and, in loss, stay connected to one another.
edit on 4/13/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
One day I will have another dog, and the chances are good that I will adopt one or one will be given to me just like lady was given to me (and I don't mean by a person either, as she had been dumped at a local park I was working at in 97 and was a stray)

But a word of the wise is to never ask a someone who is grieving over the loss of a beloved friend whether they want a puppy or ask when they are getting another dog or what not.

That would be similar (I know not exactly) to asking a parent who just lost a child when they are going to replace the child.

some who have lost such a close companion will not be ready to just up and replace them. Yes sometimes it happens as a way to help with the grieving, but in my case I would just feel as if it would not be fare to my baby girl, nor to the new dog, as the dog would just be a reminder of my loss and I wouldn't be able to give him/her my full attention.

No one here has done this, I saw a post saying something about adopting another dog, but the person was not telling me to do so right now, so that was fine and actually helped me realize how Lady was truly given to me by a greater power.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

GOD cant be god without the DOG

DOG/GOD

DOGOD
GODOG

it also translates as GO DOG DO GOD (good)

lol

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiratio

I like that!

I always picture a human with a dog on one side and GOD on the other (well, no picture for GOD but you know what I mean)...all best friends!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join