It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman/Martin Madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Perhaps it would be possible to pick the longest thread, and get rid of the others. I know some people are really obsessed with it and all, but do we really need a new thread about the case every time Mr. Zimmerman passes gas or whatnot?

CX

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary

I understand what you mean....however you have more or less just added to that haven't you?

Then again, so have i by replying.....time for a cuppa methinks.

CX.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Touche! Well done. I fully expect this one to be sucked into the black hole with the others if they do take my consolidation suggestion to heart

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I think where the initial post opening a thread offers something new to the debate as a whole, or provides a different approach to the subject matter that a thread ought to be allowed to do its own thing. Obviously, its important to give board space to other issues that will no doubt arise meantime, but as long as we do not get actual clones of threads, I do not see why there cannot be as many threads as people see the need to post. Hell , there are more threads about the phoenix lights on this site, than you find in your average persian rug, so forgive folks a little bit for this

CX

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You are right though, they should consolidate them all. Any updates should just be added on, they are not a different subject.

Just makes for a tider forum thats all.

CX.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's only getting started. It needs a separate forum for a while I think ...

But your term 'madness' ... I agree. That was a well chosen word.
'Grab the torches and pitchforks' ...
Lets all discuss every rumor or inuendo as a 'fact' and not what it is .. hype and spin.

:shk:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Madness? Wait'll someone here posts Michelle Williams' recent comments to Tampa10...with video.
At least I learned a few new racist terms for whites I can call my husband at appropriate moments since if its okay for the news to say its fair game for me to say : "Hey pig, pinkie, pink person... take out the trash ya honkey cracker! If you dont, Michelle says sumpins gonna happen to ya thats been loooong overdue and Im pretty sure she is talking about household chore avoidance!"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Haha when you do, set up a hidden video camera and youtube it. Would love to see his chin touch the floor

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary
reply to post by Advantage

Haha when you do, set up a hidden video camera and youtube it. Would love to see his chin touch the floor

Hmm no, his chin wouldnt hit the floor, Id be called a bunch of racial names concerning my ethnicity in return... and we'd do the school yard thing .. who can be the most offensive before the kids are in hearing range.
Sadly cant youtube it, might start an incident. You see, he has the KKK, WAR, other white power and Neo-Nazi type of organizations.. I have 3 drunk guys with drums that slur NDN POWER on Saturday nights.
It just aint fair!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It needs it own forum so it can be ignored. I don't want to see anything more about it. People have done nothing but bicker about it. It doesn't even affect their well-being either.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Hmmmm, maybe a new forum.... "Racial Tensions" or something like that.
Might not be a such a bad idea. I don't think this one case alone would warrant having it's own section, but the racial issue might.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There are existing threads on Zimmerman, and everything will be redirected there. Yep. Even if he changes his underwear

Seriously though, a glass of soda and perspective is needed here. The media is pushing this everyday murder case big style, which means something else is going on in the background that the powers that be probably don't want you to see.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain, right?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
There are existing threads on Zimmerman, and everything will be redirected there. Yep. Even if he changes his underwear

Seriously though, a glass of soda and perspective is needed here. The media is pushing this everyday murder case big style, which means something else is going on in the background that the powers that be probably don't want you to see.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain, right?

you know that marks my feelings exactly!
and since i live so close to this place
i might even be able to show up to the trial
and report from there..

Why this hits home if people start rioting
they very well may be rioting on my doorstep
it hits home people, maybe they can't understand that
but if your living in between a racial stoking like this
anything can happen at anytime
with racial tentions just like with rodney

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

but do we really need a new thread about the case every time Mr. Zimmerman passes gas

Well sure!

Some member will think that they can deduce what he was eating on the night in question months ago.

Makes as much sense as some of the brilliant deductions that we have seen already.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
it deserves the attention. possible police corruption, possible profiling, over zealous "neighborhood watchmen" kills unarmed teen and walks away uncharged based on his testimony and only the testimony of witnesses stories that line up with zimmermans, police failing to contact the parents or let them see their child til 3 days later. parents not getting the answers they were entitled to.

if this had happened to my son i would have demanded answers as well as would all of you and if you say no you are a bold faced liar and a coward. i could see the responses now, my son would never be dressed like a thug walking in the rain and he would not have attacked zimmerman etc etc etc if your son was killed and the law enforcement let the killer walk away and tried to sweep everything under the rug and not let you see the body for 3 days it wouldnt be a big deal? you would just believe them? oh well it was self defense my son got what he deserved i believe everything the law is telling me, no need for further investigation, moving along nothing to see here...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I wasn't saying it should be ignored. I was just suggesting that a new thread need not be posted for every developement. One megathread would also make it easier to follow for people that aren't totally obsessed as well. Bookmark where you left off, then next time you can start off where you left off and see the timeline develop.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'd argue the opposite and say that ATS should make a separate forum for the issue.

Watching this all from outside the US is very fascinating, and it's likely to be the biggest court drama since the OJ Simpson trial.

ATS sometimes makes separate forums for salient events (like the oil spill in the Gulf last year), and just considering the issues - they might have global repercussions for everything from gun control to the constructs of race.

This is clearly deeper than a storm in a tea-cup, and I think the T&C on ATS is wide enough to facilitate such a forum in a civilized manner.

Once clearly marked, such a forum can be avoided or entertained by choice.

A thread or two is not going to sustain the material or interest indefinitely.
edit on 15-4-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join