It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Teen to Jail For Pants Style

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm sure this happened befor and the man got away with it because of it breached his human rights in some way.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I want women to pick up this fad.

It has already begun

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
is the judge his mom. telling the kid how to dress.

a court of a law is supposed to be blind and just.

i.e. professional and above style of dress.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Rockpuck

Anyways.. I say good. I hate people who show disrespect by dressing like an assclown because they have no common sense or decency.

Wow get a grip man. Your sense of fashion doesn't apply to everyone else. Some remote tribes show much more skin than those who wear saggy pants. It's not like these saggy pant dudes are naked, they are wearing boxers underneath. And if they aren't wearing anything underneath there are already laws to deal with that. Next we will be declaring girls can't wear short skirts (god forbid). This law is essentially enforcing a public dress code for some idiotic reason. It's none of your business or anyone elses business if they like to wear saggy pants. Your logic is like swiss cheese it's so full of holes.

Umm I don't know if you wear boxers or briefs and don't really care, but sometimes things sneak out of boxers. Like has been posted already this fad started in prison as a way to say you were open. Dress like a respectable person or expect to be treated like an idiot. Yes I judge people on appearence just like everyone else does. If I see an A$$clown with his pants around his thighs I think he is an idiot and unworthy of intelligent conversation, same goes for someone wearing cutoff jeans and a wife beater, not worth the time. Everytime I have come across this dress situation the wearer of said fashion has proven my thoughts correct. Take it anyway you want to, can't tolerate either of these fashions.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good! Serves him right for wearing those pants to court to enter a plea regarding a charge of receiving stolen property. Dress for success!! Had he pulled up his pants and worn a belt PRIOR to entering the courtroom he would have been OK.

I'm tired of the droopy drawer fashion fad and I'm even more tired of hearing my 5 year old daughter say "Look Daddy, I can see his underpants" as we walk through the mall on a Saturday. Needless to say, we don't head to the mall that often any more.

Cops love it! Chasing down perps with saggy drawers is easy. With any luck the pants end up wrapped around their ankles as they trip and fall to the ground.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

It has already begun

I retract my statement.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think saggy pants are ok. It helps identify the gang bangers but sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between them and the village idiot.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
Ironically, the sagging-pants style originated..

..wait for it..

IN JAIL!

Yep, and maybe he will learn not to be "open for business"

But I do think that its a little harsh, unless stuff was showing (either front or back).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
America has become a "Foot-Loose" movie villain.
Wimpy little "hipsters"..walking around in their tighty-falling down.. crappy jeans...I laugh at them...make fun of them...sheeesh! going to jail for looking like a GOOF????....wow

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
America has become a "Foot-Loose" movie villain.
Wimpy little "hipsters"..walking around in their tighty-falling down.. crappy jeans...I laugh at them...make fun of them...sheeesh! going to jail for looking like a GOOF????....wow

No. Go to jail for being in contempt of court.

Everyone, please. Learn how to apply context.

I know it's really, really hard because you're all on your cell phones all day long and there really IS no context to reality anymore, but do try, ok?

Go to a job interview and wear your dumb ass clothes, don't get hired.

Go to a dinner date and wear your dumb ass clothes, don't get laid.

Go to a court proceeding and wear your dumb ass clothes, get put in jail.

If ever there was justice in this land, this is proof of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is definitely not harsh, not harsh in any means! What's harsh is having to see another dudes butt/boxers because they don't know to put their pants on their waist! I don't know how this became famous outside of prison, it truely baffles me -_-
edit on 12-4-2012 by ColeWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I literally just threw up in my mouth, my god that is just horrible..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Go to a job interview and wear your dumb ass clothes, don't get hired.

Go to a dinner date and wear your dumb ass clothes, don't get laid.

Go to a court proceeding and wear your dumb ass clothes, get put in jail.

If ever there was justice in this land, this is proof of it.

Start your own business, dress how you want.

Don't go on dinner dates because they are a display of courtship and thus result in women withholding sex, instead dress how you want, and invite them to hang out, spend little to no money, have a higher chance of getting laid.

Go to a court proceeding, dress how you want, get put in jail.

The scenarios don't really add up. I think that it's a bit harsh to assign jail time for violating dress code. A fine would have been plausible, but to put someone in jail for dressing like an idiot? What are we the fashion police now?
Discrimination based on style is on discrimination based on religion in many ways. If we wouldn't throw someone in jail for not being a Christian, we shouldn't throw someone in jail for not dressing up to the standard for court proceedings.

I'm not trying to sympathize with the guy, I think he's an imbecile for not just pulling up his pants, but throwing him in jail sets us on a slippery slope. If we let them chip away at our freedoms bit by bit, we'll soon find ourselves with none left.
edit on 13-4-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A small to reminder to all those getting agitated. The judge did not send him to jail for 3 days for wearing saggy pants in public but for showing his butt, due to saggy pants, in court as a defendant on a charge.

Now if you think certain dress codes should apply in court then there is nothing wrong with the sentence it is clealry contempt of court. If you think there should be no dress code whatsover in a court room I suspect you open the doors to a whole set of abuse by idiots who then turn the court room into joke.

Surely there has to be a limit to behaviour in a courtroom? Reminder : think beyond clothes. Once you open Pandora's box here and allow any attire then you allow anything else : crying babies, radios, loud conversations, eating crisps etc etc all perfectly acceptable normal public space behaviour !!!!!!!!!! but NOT in a courtroom.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
LOL i found all the comments by "old" people in that news link hilarious. It like there generation didn't have a rebellious side at all
Now kids, young adults will have there life ruined by having a record because of what they choose to wear.

Thinking about it I haven't heard of a girl being sentence to jail for wearing ridiculously short skirts (not that im complaining) or other reveling clothing, i see thongs all the time. Yet a guy wearing jeans that sag and show boxers or shorts get so look down upon .

America is #ing crazy at times.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IratePotatoes

no, I think it is fair. You do not know he wasn't asked repeatedly to pull up his britches, even before court.
As a former instructor, I know how tiring it is to say pull your britches up. It is indecent, no one wants to see your underpants. And the whole sag looks stems from prison. So if you want to look and act like one, then maybe that is where you are hoping to be, then maybe, just maybe this will make you stop trying to look and act like one in the future.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

A couple points.

Do I find it offensive? Kinda, but I also keep in mind that anything that I want or feel is wrong for other people to be doing and then applaud the fact that Big Brother makes it illegal....... I must also keep in mind that things I may like to do may also be deemed illegal at some point and time, because it does not please someone else! Do these idiots look funny? Yes they do!! But are they really hurting anyone??? Think about it.

Also, on a funnier point, I like to watch police shows. I always laugh my ass off when the po po pulls a car over and the idiots get out and run, only to be caught because their damn pants fall around their ankles!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A line has to be drawn with the issue of freedom of expression. Is it ok for me to go down the street with my button and zipper open revealing a tiger print thong? If you so, how about if it was someone morbidly obese? Do we draw the line at weight and how attractive one may be?

If you want to look, act and dress like a thug then dont act weird when they treat you like one. - -Shadowherder

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Lemme tell ya : saggin britches started in the 1950's... for the persn that siad this isnt the 50's. LOL! It was low pants and t shirts. Then we went to the hiphuggers of the 1960's and 1970's.. and now.. whale tail and butt crack. Jail and no belts may have some influence obviously, but it did NOT originate in jail or hip hop culture.

voila.. idiocy spans the ages.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Not cool.

But this is ok?

edit on 13-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join