It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Teen to Jail For Pants Style

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

you are correct it began in jail, it was a covert sign for i am offering homosexual activities.
i dont think the kids realise what the real roots of this is all about.

i have worked in prisons and also have family that does so as well...
edit on 12-4-2012 by rwguessjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by HandyDandy

Baby Boomers are the people that push this stuff more than 'conservatives'.

Edit- Not that there arent sensible rational Baby Boomers.

Not that there aren't sensible rational conservatives either. Usually Rockpuck is one I tend to agree with 70% of the time. But not on this issue.

edit on 12-4-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Maybe that "assclown" couldn't afford clothes?

So you think they could not afford a piece of string to hold their pants up?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

It was beyond the judge to remind the defendant where he was and what type of respect was expected of him?

No, let's just throw him in jail for contempt because a new law is being brewed in the shadows which allows them to throw black kids in jail now for wearing jeans a certain way.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Maybe that "assclown" couldn't afford clothes?

The reason why they wear their pants like that DOES NOT MATTER. The fact they no longer have the FREEDOM to wear their pants like that is the issue here. I cannot believe all you morons who actually think this is a good thing. It all starts this way. One little violation of our freedoms gives them the foundation they need to build upon those violations until we have no freedoms left! It's the freaking slow boiling frog, can't you people see that? How brainwashed have you become? OPEN YOUR EYES, a teen was just put in PRISON for wearing his freaking pants a certain way!!!!! A way that didn't even breach bodily exposure laws! This is INSANITY of the highest degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And people complain about Iran and North Korea.... Fix your own problems first, then worry about the world...

Idiots...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This isnt really a new thing....

from bbc website in 2005

I know thats just a shopping centers own rules, but uf someone decided to break those rules, and it got nasty, then you could say that a prosecution was made due to wearing a baseball cap.

There is not enough info in the link of the op to fully explain what happened.
Was it purely due to the sagging? Had he been previously warned? Did an argument break out over the issue? Is there a strict dress code enforced in the courts?

You could argue exactly the same point if a nightclub refuses anyone who wears jeans.

If rules are in place, they need to be followed, and if you refuse to follow the rule, then you pay the price. Its been a fact for a long time.
edit on 12-4-2012 by djyorkie because: added more thoughts

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IratePotatoes

Stupid, absolutely stupid reason to throw someone in jail for 3 days.

Welcome to America, where the dumb hit new lows everyday.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

LOL what?!?

Looks like they are already putting this bill into action:
Bill Takes Aim at Saggy Pants

The world is going completely insane. This is so bogus I can't even comprehend the stupidity of it.

I don't want to live on th- *BANG*

But yet it is "liberating" for women to protest half or completely naked. In the West it is Sharia for men, Las Vegas for women. Seriously though, feminist's and traditionalist's spend so much time obsessing over male behavior, dress and opinion it is beyond disturbing.

Me personally? If another guy wants to dress like a douche more power to him, just makes me look all the better. But to infringe upon his rights, no. Horrible and horrific. Total abuse of power.

The Judge should of said "wear a belt or pants that fit next time or else", that might of flied to a degree, but to just sentence him to jail like that, pure sadism.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Baby Boomers are the people that push this stuff more than 'conservatives'.

Edit- Not that there arent sensible rational Baby Boomers.

Not that there aren't sensible rational conservatives either. Usually Rockpuck is one I tend to agree with 70% of the time. But not on this issue.

For sure. I dont mean to insult conservatives. Not this time anyway

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Didn't you know? Conservatives are all for small-government, except when they're for controlling how people act socially, it's all about big-government.

Your thinking of Social Conservatives. Social Conservatives should be called what they are: Traditionalist's, because there is nothing Conservative about them.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

20-year-old LaMarcus D. Ramsey was in Autauga County Circuit Court to enter a plea on a charge of receiving stolen property.

As far as I am aware, contempt of court can be anything the judge deems to be offensive to the course of justice in his or her court room.

As none of us were there, how do any of us know what the real situation was? Maybe his junk was hanging out?

I would suggest the guy showed no respect, and therefore I'm on the side of the judge. You go to court to defend yourself you better drop the "wannabe gangsta" attitude.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
How low does your IQ have to be that you would show up to court looking like a street thug? If you are coming to court its because you are accused of doing something criminally but you are trying to prove that you are an upstanding citizen. Sorry Einstien dressin like a thug does just the opposite. However I dont think it is worth 3 days in jail. I mean unless theres a law agianst stupidity now.
edit on 4/12/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Since when is a 20 year old a "teen"? I swear.. by the time I die a 30 year old will be a "teen".

Anyways.. I say good. I hate people who show disrespect by dressing like an assclown because they have no common sense or decency.

completely agree, if you can't dress yourself decently than sure, something needs to happen with you.

and NO dont say 'oh who is to say whats decent?'
having your pants pulled up is decent, its not rocket science, pull up your pants.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Off topic:
Hate it when you quote someone, and when you post your reply, they totally edit and change their original post.
Meaning you then need to change your own post as well.
Please ignore and delete this if possible, as now not valid
edit on 12-4-2012 by djyorkie because: original quote I was going to usr got totally changed, voiding my post

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The Montgomery Advertiser reports that 20-year-old LaMarcus D. Ramsey was in Autauga County Circuit Court to enter a plea on a charge of receiving stolen property. It wasn't known early Wednesday whether Ramsey has an attorney.

As I suspected, the individual was initially in court for a different reason entirely.

Do I think the judge was power tripping? Sure. However, that's why, if you're smart, you don't do things which land you in court in the first place. Accepting stolen property is not smart.
edit on 12-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Perhaps related to this issue: I saw an edition of The Daily Show yesterday where Jon Stewart pointed out the irony of US conservatives claiming to be against big government, but they voted for a law that overrides the 4th Amendment to the rights of privacy and ANYONE arrested in the US can now be strip-searched.

This includes anyone arrested, whether guilty or innocent, and for even minor offenses such as unpaid parking tickets.

Russia Today describes such a strip-search procedure, which includes bending and spreading 'em and retracting the foreskin.
www.youtube.com... (not sure if I should embed this)

So what's the message to saggy pants wearers?
Don't expose yourself, the state will do it for you?

The Daily Show clip is available, but not in my country, but perhaps somebody from the US would like to make a thread on this, although so far it seems Americans don't mind that they can be strip-searched at the drop of a hat. www.thedailyshow.com...

edit on 12-4-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I just heard some of the details of this.

The judge ordered him, that the next time he comes to court he needs to dress appropriate, the guy failed the judges plea so contempt of court.

Moral of the story...Wear your clothes the way they should be worn...AROUND YOUR WAIST.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
However I dont think it is worth 3 days in jail. I mean unless theres a law agianst stupidity now.
edit on 4/12/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

EDIT -
thanks for completely editing your post and making mine look nonsensical!

20-year-old LaMarcus D. Ramsey was in Autauga County Circuit Court to enter a plea on a charge of receiving stolen property.

Receiving stolen property is a crime in almost every state and every country.

Which laws do you think are not worthy of prosecution? Where do we draw the line?

IMO, the guy should have faced court for the crime of receiving stolen goods, the police did their job in upholding the law, the judge did his job in hearing the case, the kid did his job in being arrogant and offending the court, he got what he deserved.
edit on 12-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I just heard some of the details of this.

The judge ordered him, that the next time he comes to court he needs to dress appropriate, the guy failed the judges plea so contempt of court.

If that is the case then it changes things a bit. I wasn't aware this was his second chance at being respectful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join