It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Spiritual Gifts Analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've taken many of these from many different places and they all say the same thing. But not sure if any of my brothers or sisters have taken these themselves. God gives everyone gifts, and we use them to serve the body and to glorify Him. It's important to know your gifts so you can use them effectively to serve the church, and to also know the weaknesses of the gifts God has given us all. Satan will focus his attacks on our weak areas and we need to be mindful so we can be ready for when those attacks come.

Post your two, that way we can all get a better idea of the gifts God has given to each one of us. If you're not a Christian you can also take the test, but you cannot glorify God with those gifts unless you're acting on them to serve the body of Christ. But you are still free to take the test to see specific areas God has blessed you in when He made you.

This is not a thread to ridicule people or to judge others for what God has given them, if you do so you will be reported and your post removed. Fair warning, if you just want to troll or flame go to the forum lobby, there are a plethora of other threads you can dine for troll food in. This also goes for Christians especially, don't be envious of others gifts, but use them to understand your brother and sisters strong areas and weak areas. The Holy Spirit gifts us all for different purposes for the body of Christ.

Answer as honestly as possible or the test and it's results will be meaningless.

TEST

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
#1 ---> Prophecy 19%

The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your number one dominant gift is PROPHECY! That does not mean you are supposed to have visions of the future. It means you are a "forthteller," telling or "speaking forth" the mind of God: preaching, speaking, and teaching God's Word. You are very discerning; one who points out sin with the goal of making Christians aware of sin in their lives so they will repent. A prophet in full-time Christian service is usually a "hell-fire, brimstone preacher." You have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by proclaiming His truth.

As a prophet you have an ability to see that which is wrong. In fact, you tend to easily spot what is wrong and have to look to find something right. You probably spend much time praying and even weeping over the sins of the church and for lost sinners. You have a great burden over the sinful condition of the world around you. Because of this, you take every opportunity to proclaim that everyone must repent or perish.

You have a strong sense of duty and are very opinionated, impatient, and likely more depressed or serious than lighthearted about life. You enjoy being alone, but would rather be in a group than relate to people one-on-one. You desire to speak publicly. You are able to make quick decisions and want things done right. You do not like in-depth study.

Other people may think you are demanding, that you enjoy hurting people's feelings, and that you have no understanding. One of your greatest challenges is to keep a spirit of love. Remember to "speak the truth in love" (Eph. 4:15) and not to be judgmental. If you keep a tender, loving heart, you will be a blessing in your home, church, and to individuals. You can make a real impact on their spirituality. Be careful to let the Holy Spirit convict people, rather than trying to convict them yourself. Work on being a little more positive, patient, and tactful.

Beware of Satan's attack on your gift. He may try to cause a lack of compassion and forgiveness, bring discouragement because of unrepentant attitudes by others, entice you to fall into the very sins you speak against or cause pride and self-righteousness over lack of certain sins.

HOW CAN YOU USE YOUR DOMINANT GIFT? There are several avenues in which to carry out the gift of prophecy. Revival speaking is certainly a fitting ministry. You can pastor well IF you have a secondary gift of pastor/shepherd. You are a great help in problem-solving for a church with a sin problem. You could also serve in teaching on Gospel teams, in prison ministry, in migrant ministry, and in counseling to help bring awareness of sin in a person's life. You could speak at conferences and retreats.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
#2 ----> Teaching 15%

The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your second dominant gift is TEACHING! The Greek word for teacher "didaskalos" means master, teacher or doctor. As a teacher you are one who communicates knowledge, guides, makes known or relays facts. You are likely more in-depth than the average Sunday school teacher. You have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by making clear the truth of God's Word with accuracy.

As a teacher you live to learn and teach (or perhaps write if you teach through the written medium). You should learn to teach in two manners which may be contrary to your nature. The material must be simple so students can understand it, and it must be practical. The pastor/shepherd, the prophet, and the exhorter (those with speaking gifts) usually rely on your resources to help fulfill their responsibilities.

You love the Word, enjoy reading, may be a little shy of strangers, are creative and imaginative, and prefer teaching groups over individuals. You are generally confident, self-disciplined, and sometimes technical. You probably love charts, graphs, and lists. You would sometimes rather just do research, but "must teach" because others would not teach it the way you would. The use of a verse out of context upsets you and you question the knowledge of those who teach you. You are organized and enjoy studying. You are so concerned with accuracy that you often dwell on the trivial, giving others the feeling that you give too many details. Some may even think you are boring.

Be careful that you are not critical of people who differ with your doctrine and that you do not measure other people's spirituality by their amount of Bible knowledge. Be willing to listen as well as talk. Don't hesitate to read directions and work on developing tolerance for others' mistakes.

If you score high in the gift of teaching and very low in the gift of shepherding, you probably won't make a good Sunday school teacher or group leader. Your tendency will be to relay knowledge and not shepherd or minister to the other needs of your students. People who use the gift of teaching in vocational service usually become teachers of teachers, professors, authors, or in-depth researchers.

HOW CAN YOU USE YOUR DOMINANT GIFT? You do not necessarily have to teach the Bible to be a help to the church ministry. Although you can help with interpretation or teaching teachers and others, you may teach in areas such as education, business, finance, or computers. You may enjoy writing and developing curriculum. You would probably serve well as a Bible institute teacher or a correspondence course instructor. Your gift also lends itself to the mission field where you could serve as a missionary/teacher. You may want to teach a basic doctrine course to newcomers or new Christians or host quarterly small group studies on different topics. You may enjoy doing research for the pastor or others who teach.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
*NOTE*

If someone else has already posted the definition, and strength and weakness evaluation for your gift no need for you to include that, just your gift and the percentage you score in that gift for redundancy sake.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You can have spiritual gifts without believing that Jesus ever existed.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here's mine

S&F for the thread, btw

The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your number one dominant gift is PASTORING/SHEPHERDING! The Greek word "poimen" means pastor. In Paul's spiritual gifts listing in Ephesians 4:11, this term is translated "pastor." Although the word "poimen" is translated pastor only one time in Scripture it is used sixteen additional times. The remaining sixteen are all translated "shepherd." Therefore, we are actually discussing the GIFT of shepherding, not the POSITION of pastor. Though a good pastor must have the gift of shepherding, everyone who has the gift of shepherding is not called to be pastor. The gift can be used in many positions in a church.

As a gifted shepherd, you have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by overseeing, training, and caring for the needs of a group of Christians. You are usually very patient, people-centered, and willing to spend time in prayer for others. You tend to be a "Jack of All and Master of ONE," meaning you are usually dominant in one of the speaking gifts (evangelist, prophet, teacher, exhorter) as well. You are often authoritative, more a leader than a follower, and expressive, composed, and sensitive. Your pleasing personality draws people to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

My top three were:

Evangelism, 20

Pastor/Shephered, 22

Showing mercy, 18

This is a neat little tool

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I covered that in the OP. Did you just read the title of the thread?

If you're not a Christian you can also take the test, but you cannot glorify God with those gifts unless you're acting on them to serve the body of Christ. But you are still free to take the test to see specific areas God has blessed you in when He made you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

My top three were:

Evangelism, 20

Pastor/Shephered, 22

Showing mercy, 18

This is a neat little tool

Amen, now take a couple more from 2 other places and if they agree you know your gifts and where to direct yourself for His glory and the benefit of the Body of Christ. You'll also feel the greatest satisfaction when you're allowed to operate in your gifts.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Showing mercy rings so true to me.

Every time im out driving around and I see homeless people on the side of the st, I am so compelled to stop,I have screeched car tires to stop and give a few dollars to them, shake there hand and tell em God bless em, my friends think I'm nuts because most of them just beep and wave, or drive by and do nothing.

Matthew 25:30-40 34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I tend to give people who have nowhere else to go lodging often too, and every night I make large amounts of food and feed whoevers around (neighbors, friends, whoever happens to be in my home)

The thought of volunteering down at the homelss shelter has occured to me many times, and I've even had strong urges to leave all my material objects behind and go live with them.....Only reason I didn't do that recently is because I have a wife and two kids who need me....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yes, I noticed that you were very strong in 3, that's rare. You are called to pastor. I only had one very strong, and one other 15 or higher. I am convicted a lot in the area of Mercy, and am reminded a lot about the verses calling us to Mercy. One downfall of seeing sin clearly in others is we see it clearly in ourselves and depression is a constant battle.

What keeps me down to Earth is listening to "Dying Star" by Jason Upton a few times a day, that's my choker-chain.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm listening to Johnny Cash - It was Jesus right now,

i'll take a listen to that in a few!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

My God, I'm two minutes into this song and the Spirit is touching me in a strong way,

what inspiried lyrics!

Plus he's got the best first name ever, Jason, thy physician !!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm listening to Johnny Cash - It was Jesus right now,

i'll take a listen to that in a few!

Okay, it's a song by the Holy Spirit, be ready to hit the floor on your face. lol It's a good pain though.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Read my last post,

as I said,

very obviously inspired by His Ghost indeed,

Bless His holy name forever!

Amen

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

My God, I'm two minutes into this song and the Spirit is touching me in a strong way,

what inspiried lyrics!

Plus he's got the best first name ever, Jason, thy physician !!!

You have Hymns, Psalms, and "Spiritual Songs".

Pslams are Scripture lyrics

Hymns are human lyrics

Spiritual Songs are songs the Holy Spirit sings to us.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I covered that in the OP. Did you just read the title of the thread?

If you're not a Christian you can also take the test, but you cannot glorify God with those gifts unless you're acting on them to serve the body of Christ. But you are still free to take the test to see specific areas God has blessed you in when He made you.

I skimmed through it. Must have missed that part. My bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Read my last post,

as I said,

very obviously inspired by His Ghost indeed,

Bless His holy name forever!

Amen

Yes, I knew that brother, not inspired, it's actually the Holy Spirit, it's Christ singing back to us His bride. it's prophetic singing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I skimmed through it. Must have missed that part. My bad.

Not a problem, and you're more than welcome to see what special gifts God created you with, by all means take the test.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I need you to answer something for me in U2U plz

top topics

<<   2 >>

join