It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austrian biologist inseminated at least 600 British women with his own sperm between 1943 and 1962.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Don't know exactly where to put this thread because it sounds a lot like some Nazi eugenics experiment in the UK, but there it goes. An Austrian biologist living in London, since the '40s, fertilized thousands of women during 20 years, using his own sperm and at least 600 people already were identified as his offspring, through DNA tests. The interesting detail is that he did the whole job with the help of his wife and she destroyed all insemination records before she died.

Bertold Wiesner and his wife Mary Barton founded a fertility clinic in London in the 1940s and helped women conceive 1,500 babies.
It was thought that the clinic used a small number of highly intelligent friends as sperm donors but it has now emerged that around 600 of the babies were conceived using sperm from Mr Wiesner himself.
Two men conceived at the clinic, Barry Stevens a film-maker from Canada and David Gollancz, a barrister in London, have researched the centre and DNA tests suggest Mr Wiesner, an Austrian biologist, provided two thirds of the donated sperm.
Such a practice is outlawed now but at the time it was not known that Mr Wiesner was providing the majority of the samples(...)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I guess weird I didn't find this information in the British media yet, but I saw a video in non-English idiom, reporting that the Austrian biologist only treated wealthy patients of prominent families of London.
edit on 4/11/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Well I guess it's not "Cutting edge science and future technology", so mods please move it on to another topic.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
cutting edge or not, that man made alot of babies!!

if this were discovered in his time, and child support were in existence...this guy would be TOAST!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
cutting edge or not, that man made alot of babies!!

if this were discovered in his time, and child support were in existence...this guy would be TOAST!

The women he inseminated were all wealthy and member of prominent families. I wonder if he was not the only one doing this. If this happened in London, go figure out what happened in less known places.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh good Lord.... are the public and parents even considering the other problem here????? This isn't just sick and warped beyond all reason of human decency. It isn't JUST 1,500 babies. It's MULTIPLE GENERATIONS BY NOW. This idiot created a genetic NIGHTMARE if these people have no idea who the other is...and the following generations are equally ignorant..and they MATE.

There are damn good reasons 1st cousins and siblings don't make babies outside of taboo areas. Genetic mutation thrives in a lack of diversity......and this man made God knows how many siblings who had their own kids...and THAT generation is only 1 step from BEING siblings themselves.

The nightmare a thing like this has created is hard to grasp. 600 over 40 years...multiple into how many? Geometric progression isn't my strong suit...but it's not a pretty thing to consider with genetic soup like this to look at. Yikes! !
edit on 11-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change and minor addition

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
He is now in hell with 600 grandmothers (potential mothers in law) on his ass.
One was enough for me.

throughout human history whether through royal privilege, rape and conquest, it is probably more common than you'd think to have sired 600.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
600 birthday presents from successful offspring. Sign me up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Apparently he died blind and with a severe case of RSI in his hand

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This guy handed out a lot of cigars, had to attend a lot of baby showers, and every time he met a younger woman or man he had to worry about incest. Father's Day was a gift blitz.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
wow a biologist had access to that many women's uteruses?

how come?

top topics

join