It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christ Deception: Proven!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
So... who wants to live forever?

if you're in I'm in

As in a human body? No way. To limiting and small at its current parameters. But I am not looking forward to the moment of death. I think it's gonna hurt so bad when it happens and I am a wuzz when it comes to physical pain.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is how christians cherry pick the bible, tell me a christian or anyone that actually follows all of these.

Deuteronomy 22:22, 28-29 states: "If a man is discovered committing adultery, both he and the woman must die. In this way, you will purge Israel of such evil." "Suppose a man has intercouse with a young woman who is a virgin but is not engaged to be married. If they are discovered," "he must pay her father fifty pieces of silver. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he may never divorce her as long as he lives."

Homosexuality wasn't even in the original texts.. man added that.. just as man added hell which also didn't exist in the original texts..

Leviticus 19:28 states:
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:27 states:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
It's bad enough if you're a man who has had his private parts injured -- or heaven forbid cut off -- but to add insult to injury, Deuteronomy 23:1 states:
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
Have you ever had your palm read? Or maybe you've consulted your horoscope for a little guidance?

Leviticus 19:31 reads:
Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Heard some juicy news about Harold in the accounting department?

Can't wait to tell your BFF that you just read that Snooki is pregnant?

Leviticus 19:16 states:
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the LORD.
Gentlemen -- if you ever get in a fight and you get the feeling your lady might jump in and lend you a hand by squeezing your opponent's... ahem... "secrets," you'd better stop her.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 states:
When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets

Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.
Lunch time?

Leviticus 11:7-8 reads:
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
Kids these days -- you never know what's going to come out of their mouths!

But hopefully your child doesn't curse you because Exodus 21:17 states:
"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
When it comes to the Bible, this is a big no-no:

Mark 10:11-12 states:
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
In our fast-paced society, does anyone really work Monday to Friday from 9-5?

Exodus 31:14-15 states:
"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Headed to church, ladies?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 states:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Craving a big bowl of popcorn shrimp?

Leviticus 10-11 states:
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
Today it might be harder to find a bride who is a virgin rather than the other way around.

But Deuteronomy 22:20-21 states:
But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
reply to post by Iason321

Hi Iason. I'm definitely not here to fight you
I too agree whole-heartedly with apushforenlightenments sentiments. But I must ask, or maybe rather state, if the god has a master plan, keeping in mind that his presence has been felt far and wide, from australia, to hawaii to -insert anywhere-, how does jesus fit in? Hand in hand with jesus fitting in, how does the bible fit with that? you see as important as jesus may be, to buddhists and hindus, etc there are persons who are just as important.... could these highly spirited people be no more than that? People, humans, who are more spirited, devotional, logical and moral of their time... knowing simply what is right for the greater masses to move forward. remember that not all who 'think' they are great get worshipped. so it's not like Kermit the frog could just say 'hey, ummm, you guys better be good to each other, and praise me to get to heaven' all the while porking Miss Piggy and stealing from the collection box. people dont stand for that type of behaviour, if you deserve to be venerated you will be

please take this with a grain of salt, I really enjoy these religions topics/discussions.. as much pointless bickering that goes on, I feel this is the way our present culture will advance; by discussing our differing points of view we have to pave the way for a better future.......which doesn't need a single ruler for measurment. (as much as we'd all like to be in the metric system
jk:lol

In one way you can see all life as god/source/One tools for this planets evolution (both nature, social structure, knowledge). Some people know more about some things and have experianced more than the other people. Some people find something and share their experiances openly. Some work behind the scenes. Those that work openly are limiting in one way what they can do since they are noticed and praise can be counterproductive since it builds ego. Those behind the scenes can sometimes accomplish more since they are not limited by followers and do not have to answer to people to prove.

Morality in itself is according to your viewpoint so it is from my point of view a bad way of messuring things. Good and evil do not really say anything ether since it also is according to a viewpoint. I like to examine things/ideas/behaviour if they are part of duality or not. The only duality that I have not been able to see beyond is: Symbiotic egoless vs Parasitic ego. Service to all by all vs service to self/ego by all.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The Whole Bible mess is a huge contrived load of nonsense.

The god of Moses and Jethro was a Volcano type event near Midian.

www.youtube.com...

They called this god Jahve / Yahweh, and they named Jesus after a volcano god.

Their attempts to make Jesus into god is just as contrived as all the rest.

George Carlin was totally correct.

And even Sigmud Freud gets it correct:

www.pep-web.org...

It has all been a parade of pagan nonsense.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I can do you one better. I'll give you Josephus, even though many will dispute that the pertinent verses that mention Jesus, and even question whether or not Titus Flavius Josephus actually authored the verses. I have read of certain discrepancies with Josephus' writing style, and the Iron levels of the ink used in the newer, verses the older verses. But I will give it too you.
Now consider this list. These are the historians and writers who DID live within Christ's alleged lifetime or within a very short period after his death, yet not a one of them mention Jesus, his "miracles", his birth or resurrection.

Apollonius Persius
Arrian Phaedrus
Aulus Gellius Philo-Judaeus
Columella Phlegon
Damis Pliny the Elder
Dio Chrysostom Pliny the Younger
Dion Pruseus Plutarch
Epictetus Pompon Mela
Favorinus Ptolemy
Florus Lucius Quintilian
Hermogones Quintius Curtius
Josephus Seneca
Justus of Tiberius Silius Italicus
Juvenal Statius
Lucanus Suetonius
Lucian Tacitus
Lysias Theon of Smyran
Martial Valerius Flaccus
Paterculus Valerius Maximus

From the Talmud, "we learn that Jesus was conceived out of wedlock, gathered disciples, made blasphemous claims about himself, and worked miracles, but these miracles are attributed to sorcery and not to God."
Two of the gospels were written by the apostles Matthew and John,
who some schools of thought, and those who study writing and writing style, who think Matthew and John were in fact women. The other two books were written by Mark and Luke, said to be close associates of the apostles. Most of the historical narratives of Scripture were written down long after a comparatively brief period of oral transmission, and this more than equals the length of time usually required to produce full-fledged legends and myths. This point, by the way, is much easier to demonstrate from the New Testament than for the Old, but a plausible case can be made even for the latter in many places, but not all. For many people, the most telling evidence against the historical reliability of the Bible is its many contradictions.
Not only that is the NT thing about money. Money, or the medium thereof, is mentioned 70 times in the New Testament!
70 New Testament Bible Verses About Money

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Amen! (*waits for Starchild to tell me I'm praising some sun-god by saying Amen*)
I take people like you as a blessing, man.

Thanks for the video, Iason321. Here's one for you:

www.youtube.com...

I'm just 17 and I'm not very well educated in fields of debate like this, but I like to take a stab at it. It reminds me of my Lord's saying in Matthew 5:11.

Stuff like zeitgeist is based on bad scholarship and conspiracy thinking. It draws this bad scholarship from long debunked Christ mythicists from the 19th century, such as Kersey Graves, Gerald Massey (who invented this whole Horus=Jesus BS), and Edward Carpenter. Many of the gods commonly mentioned were nothing like Jesus.

Here's a rough analogy of what the 'Christians recycled pagan gods' myth do:
"Oranges have peels which are orange, roughly spheroid and taste good. Apples have a peel too, and are brightly colored and spherical also. Hey, I bet apples were taken from oranges!" See how flawed the logic is here? That's how I see what you're saying, also.

Jesus' teachings are unlike any other. If you read the Bible along with an in-depth exegesis or commentary, you'll expand you're knowledge and you'll really get the feel of how unique Jesus really was.

Take a look here. It talks about how the differences between Jesus and Horus far outweigh any superficial correlations:

thedevineevidence.com...

And I should conclude by saying that in my opinion, there are these missing links (although there is a MASSIVE amount of evidence backing up the Bible) because faith is required to have a relationship with God. If we have absolute proof of Jesus and everything in the Bible, what worth would faith have? Yes, we must believe that Jesus was crucified for our sins and rose from the dead to be saved. Take it or leave it.

Lonewolf19792000 has great knowledge on the issue.
edit on 12/4/2012 by Yellow because: Grammar mistakes

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Yellow

He does not seem to respond to posts to which he cannot easily respond to. He still can't specify what he means by "pagans" or address the facts about the druids that i brought up on page 14.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Also explain why there aren't angels who became women instead of men so that they could mate with each other.

The weekend that just passed was a celebration of just such an entity, Ishtar. Dianna to some. Other monikers to other peoples. Her Likeness is found on a Small Island aside New York where she hold a torch high.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ah! Diana of the Ephesians is mentioned in Acts 19:35. She was seen as an Ephesian Moon and Nature Goddess, described as "Divine", and "Brilliant". Always liked Her, and her Daughter, Aradia. And yet, ignored by all of Christendom. Guess she must have made some God mad at Her.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Ah! Diana of the Ephesians is mentioned in Acts 19:35. She was seen as an Ephesian Moon and Nature Goddess, described as "Divine", and "Brilliant". Always liked Her, and her Daughter, Aradia. And yet, ignored by all of Christendom. Guess she must have made some God mad at Her.

Which god?

We've invented dozens over the course of our existence...
edit on CFridayam070700f00America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I agree with you and for a long time have felt the same way about the said "Deception of Christ".
My argument is that i believe the Bible to be lessons (Brilliant one's at that) based extremely loosely on anything that can be considered fact rather than Either opinion or even good stories.
The lesson i see from the Story of Christ is that any man can be A son of god, And that one man(or women to be current culture relevant) can be a miracle maker if he is pure of heart and strong of will, We are all a possible Christ figure

"nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." luke 17:21

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

i personally tend to believe that jesus was talking about people's consciousness or awakening. i believe many of the stories in the bible about jesus to be true, as for the the whole bible, it appears that many of the oral traditions passed down probably got butchered or added on to. i believe the message of love for your fellow man and peace is what it's all about.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
All of you Christians, I have a little gift for you. Something to remember this thread by, you could say.

Here is a little something I wrote regarding Christianity, and your god:

My god, whom I call Source (as that is the most accurate description any human can give it) is a loving, all-aware, omnipresent being that permeates every quark of every atom of every cell of every square inch of everyone's skin, as well as every single foot of that highway you drive down, every streetlight you pass when you walk downtown, and every hand that fights for survival every day.

Your god is vindictive, jealous, bloodthirsty tyrant that throws people into fiery pits for all of eternity because all they asked for was a little proof that there really was a purpose to this hell-bent destructive world. Your god claims to be all-powerful and all-knowing...well, in that case, I guess your god KNEW we would end up like this, and not only made us like this anyway, but STILL has not stepped in to show us the right way to live, despite that fact that the least He can do for giving us the freewill and still demanding our worship and reverence is stop the floods and killing.

But no...he can't do that, even though he's all-powerful. You know, I have never met a parent that would do ANYTHING your god has done. Your god would be serving multiple life sentences in Alcatraz, if it were still open. He supposedly made a bet with Satan and made Job's life a living hell after all of this devotion that will supposedly bring favor, and instead he loses everything...just so God can smile smugly and say, "See? Told you he'd still be faithful." And what does he get afterward? Money. Most people nowadays don't think money is a reasonable replacement for a house, children, and wife all dying, as well as pain and suffering from boils and whatnot.

And you want me to have faith in this being? Right. May as well bow to a crocodile and hope it doesn't bite my head off for fun.

We are, for the time being, very much alone on this earth. There is nothing helping us, very little guiding us, and we're fighting what little aid we have every step of the way. We are TRYING to commit suicide, believing all the while it will bring us eternal glory. All of the gold and oil will be gone in a thousand years, leaving us to kill each other for scraps of bread after nuclear Armageddon annihilates half the race.

You don't believe me? Look on the news, and tell me that that isn't exactly where all of this is headed.

You want me to believe an invisible man in the sky will save us if I ritualistically eat the flesh and blood of a guy that's been dead for a thousand years, and telepathically accept his act of destroying a concept by dying on a Roman torture device, or I'll go to hell whether or not I lived righteously...

You know, I'd rather spend a hundred years in those fiery pits than bow to a god who doesn't deserve my life or my respect. That's how it stands, and I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who feels that way.

You can keep your contract with the "Son of God"; I'll live a good life because that's the only way to live in peace. Not because a book told me to...but because it's right. I don't need a reason. I just need love.

Try and argue that!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
All of you Christians, I have a little gift for you. Something to remember this thread by, you could say.

Here is a little something I wrote regarding Christianity, and your god:

My god, whom I call Source (as that is the most accurate description any human can give it) is a loving, all-aware, omnipresent being that permeates every quark of every atom of every cell of every square inch of everyone's skin, as well as every single foot of that highway you drive down, every streetlight you pass when you walk downtown, and every hand that fights for survival every day.

Your god is vindictive, jealous, bloodthirsty tyrant that throws people into fiery pits for all of eternity because all they asked for was a little proof that there really was a purpose to this hell-bent destructive world. Your god claims to be all-powerful and all-knowing...well, in that case, I guess your god KNEW we would end up like this, and not only made us like this anyway, but STILL has not stepped in to show us the right way to live, despite that fact that the least He can do for giving us the freewill and still demanding our worship and reverence is stop the floods and killing.

But no...he can't do that, even though he's all-powerful. You know, I have never met a parent that would do ANYTHING your god has done. Your god would be serving multiple life sentences in Alcatraz, if it were still open. He supposedly made a bet with Satan and made Job's life a living hell after all of this devotion that will supposedly bring favor, and instead he loses everything...just so God can smile smugly and say, "See? Told you he'd still be faithful." And what does he get afterward? Money. Most people nowadays don't think money is a reasonable replacement for a house, children, and wife all dying, as well as pain and suffering from boils and whatnot.

And you want me to have faith in this being? Right. May as well bow to a crocodile and hope it doesn't bite my head off for fun.

We are, for the time being, very much alone on this earth. There is nothing helping us, very little guiding us, and we're fighting what little aid we have every step of the way. We are TRYING to commit suicide, believing all the while it will bring us eternal glory. All of the gold and oil will be gone in a thousand years, leaving us to kill each other for scraps of bread after nuclear Armageddon annihilates half the race.

You don't believe me? Look on the news, and tell me that that isn't exactly where all of this is headed.

You want me to believe an invisible man in the sky will save us if I ritualistically eat the flesh and blood of a guy that's been dead for a thousand years, and telepathically accept his act of destroying a concept by dying on a Roman torture device, or I'll go to hell whether or not I lived righteously...

You know, I'd rather spend a hundred years in those fiery pits than bow to a god who doesn't deserve my life or my respect. That's how it stands, and I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who feels that way.

You can keep your contract with the "Son of God"; I'll live a good life because that's the only way to live in peace. Not because a book told me to...but because it's right. I don't need a reason. I just need love.

Try and argue that!

i use to let questions like that consume me, but not so much anymore. the teachings of jesus are very peaceful and that is nothing to get upset about. i don't let those questions determine my attitude anymore, instead i try to tune in with God, or source as you have said above, and find my own truth always trying to keep love at the center of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
OH Yeah! Here we go again.I wake up and already we have our first anti Christian thread of the day, with many more to follow.
Like the guy the other day who sat up watching "The last Temptation Of Christ", and decided he had it all figured out. So you and you alone have solved the whole thing, all by yourself.
Well you got me convinced with that one page of research.

It's a good thing we have you here to straighten us all out with your vast knowledge into the subject and your absolute proof.
I will never question anything again as long as I have you to make things all so clear.
This, once again is getting so old.

I never said I was anti-Christian. For someone who has read my thread, you clearly didn't absorb it well enough.

Have another go-round with this...maybe you'll catch more on the second pass.

You don't have to say it. Most people who frequent this forum knows it. But what the hell, let's just check your history:

Christianity vs. Atheism: The facts
Caught between incredibility and contradiction
The bitter history of the man-made god
A grand Illusion
Satan is not a real being

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

rofl.
dude, are really trying to say you are a loving example..That's the way you live your life?
From your op "Feel free to discuss your thoughts on the Christ Deception. But please, please, please...keep it respectful and intelligent. This is a forum of integrity and insightful debate, not a slovenly tavern.
"

I see you as one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever encountered, someone who hates others but tries to hide it in flowery compromises to hear himself talk.
You seem to project alot when you vent your anger.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Your god claims to be all-powerful and all-knowing...

Where does he say that?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
First of all, all of symbols you mentioned were a part of ancient Mediterranean culture. It was their way of life and everything they already knew.

Why do you think God gave the Jews only Ten Commandments?

He didn't tell them to change everything they were doing, He only told them to do it in His name!

All of the other laws that the Jews followed were just to distinguish them as a people.

Same with Jesus. In Matthew 5:17, Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the laws, just to fulfill them.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
First of all, all of symbols you mentioned were a part of ancient Mediterranean culture. It was their way of life and everything they already knew.

He didn't tell them to change everything they were doing, He only told them to do it in His name!

All of the other laws that the Jews followed were just to distinguish them as a people.

Same with Jesus. In Matthew 5:17, Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the laws, just to fulfill them.

He gave them over 600 Commandments. Shows how much you know.

Fulfill which laws?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson

Your god claims to be all-powerful and all-knowing...

Where does he say that?

I don't know if your god "supposedly" said it personally; all I know is that priests and preachers and pastors and all members of congregations along with the choir boys say that God is all-knowing and all-powerful.

You cannot deny being taught that.

And so my point stands. What sort of god do you serve? What really...?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

He gave them over 600 Commandments. Shows how much you know.

Fulfill which laws?

God's 10 Commandments are not the same as the Law of Moses...

ecclesia.org...
edit on 15-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join