It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Raptor,' claims credit for taking down Al Qaeda websites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

'The Raptor,' claims credit for taking down Al Qaeda websites

www.foxnews.com

An American hacker, who calls himself “The Raptor” and claims to be a grandfather waging his own war on terror, is taking credit for a series of takedowns of online forums used by Al Qaeda sympathizers, FoxNews.com has learned.
Calling himself a patriot acting on behalf of U.S. troops serving overseas, The Raptor claims to be behind last month’s attack on Al Qaeda’s main online forum, Shamukh Islamic Network, and a handful of other sites and forums, including Ansar al-Mujahideen, where jihadists gather online to issue threats and exhort one another to acts of terror. The sites went do
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Brrrooaar! (sounding like the opening statement of an A-10).
The old dinosaur is attacking the Jihadist web sites with 21st century technology.
Here is a grandpa, most likely in the U.S. that isn’t sitting around watching the world go to hell in a hand basket. You got to love a patriot like that.
And it gets better. After he shuts them down he tweets them a taunting message!
Here is an additional quote from “th3raptor”, “Some say I and others like me are Crusaders; that we hate Islam or desire to offend Allah,” he continued. “That is absolutely and fundamentally wrong. Some of my best friends are Muslims, and I love them. They don’t wish me harm, and I would give my life to defend them. This has only to do with violent criminals who cloak themselves in the wool of a good and peaceful religion to bring death and destruction to the world.”
Well said th3raptor!
There used to be just one patriot out in cyberspace called the Jester. Now, as our troops hands get tied behind their backs, others are cutting the bonds of being politically correct, and charge forward in the battlefield of cyberspace.
Yea baby! kick the tires and light the fires!
Fox 1, fox 2, fox 3!!!!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-4-2012 by Violater1 because: emphsis in yellow

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In case you don't know the sound that the A-10 makes, It does sound like the roar of a dinosaur (raptor). Here it is.

This is how th3raptor is attacking the Al Qaeda websites

edit on 10-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Urm, so he's disabled a valuable means of intel?

... doesnt seem smart!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

“Some say I and others like me are Crusaders; that we hate Islam or desire to offend Allah,” he continued. “That is absolutely and fundamentally wrong. Some of my best friends are Muslims, and I love them. They don’t wish me harm, and I would give my life to defend them. This has only to do with violent criminals who cloak themselves in the wool of a good and peaceful religion to bring death and destruction to the world.”

I like his style.
Wonder how passive the US government will treat him though, after all he's kind of protecting American interests and attacking the same enemy.

Fair play.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From th3raptor blog

Just as screaming “fire” in a movie theater legally exceeds tolerable limits on freedom of speech, so should these Web sites be addressed through legal means. They should justifiably draw a response from law enforcement. Inciting violence against innocent people should likewise be intolerable to peaceful societies. Yet, governments seem powerless to stop them - lost in a fog of how to legally and ethically respond.

That is going to go over well. Laws they are needed. Because al qaeda jihad terroristic bad guys are going to suicide bomb my internetzwebzworldzzz!

I remember my first day on the interwebbing cyber chutes and ladders.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's the internet.

He may not be who he says he is and he may not have actually shutdown the site(s).

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
It's the internet.

He may not be who he says he is and he may not have actually shutdown the site(s).

That's very true, but have you tried to go to one of these sites?
I haven't, I don't want to be accused of being a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

“Some say I and others like me are Crusaders; that we hate Islam or desire to offend Allah,” he continued. “That is absolutely and fundamentally wrong. Some of my best friends are Muslims, and I love them. They don’t wish me harm, and I would give my life to defend them. This has only to do with violent criminals who cloak themselves in the wool of a good and peaceful religion to bring death and destruction to the world.”

I like his style.
Wonder how passive the US government will treat him though, after all he's kind of protecting American interests and attacking the same enemy.

Fair play.

I see what ya did there.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well , i think it`s just another lie in a very long line to be honest.

Anon are not what they claim to be .... if they were they would have hacked our accounts and killed poverty by now.

Occupy has been blown out of the water.

And now theres "an old man" , calling himself -the raptor- who is attacking AL QAEDA online ?

peaceful society ? America ?
your kids are shooting eachother on war games , listening to songs about shooting " n****** " and slapping " h*** ", fighting in the streets , shooting eachother in the streets , and lining up like little Nazis to chant at the American flag , whilst your military is destroying everything in its path and slowly taking over the world ......... Yeah , peace , i`m surprised they haven`t outlawed the word by now.
edit on 10-4-2012 by RockLobster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sounds like a moron to me. If you want to be doing illegal things online to people you don't like, you don't identify with a handle. I have my doubts he is telling the truth though. Lots of people like to try and take credit that is not theirs.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
what in the hell.....where are the hacks on the supposed PTB to find out who's running the show??.......
Al-Qaeda is bottom of the barrel.....

misguided. misplaced. mis-something. just a waste.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Raptor should have realized it Al-Qaeda is CIA.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyb3rR3v0luti0naryLots of people like to try and take credit that is not theirs.

Kind of like all these "wannabes" who use Anonymous type logos for forum avatars...

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just another thought - he claimed to be working with a group that can be counted on one hand (but don't raptors hunt in pairs or was a trio?

Maybe raptor relates to the efforts of three people?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well he missed Pakistan. There websites are filled with more terrorist groups then any where else in the world. I think theres 80 diferent groups the US has on there list it might be more. Hell even Osama Bin Laden was on the web in Pakistan.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres a few terrorist groups in Pakistan. Give this list to grandpa. Let him get to work.
www.satp.org...
edit on 10-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Where is the proof that it was him that they killed? in that area of PAKISTAN it larger is full off EX military generals and military officers, personally i think they killed an general that looked like Bin laden.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Since they kidnapped and then killed the guy who owned the house a week befor the compound was raided. I think they new who they got. Plus all the unexplained aircraft shot down and a power station that was taken out. I think they new what they were doing.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Personally I don't take any stock in the opinions of US haters from Canada.

The only thing that matters is the internet finally got a real American hero out there hacking for the good guys. He didn't swindle thousands of naive kids to pretend to be hackers to hide behind. No cheap BS talk about hives and collectives or useless threats against institutions of his own country. A real deal.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
one has to question tho.....will he be labelled an "internet Thug" for his actions or as a "Patriot"?
surely Americas TPTB cannot activley go after Anon members for there hacks but turn the other cheek on this story?
or maybe hacking in america is only ok when it suits TPTB Agenda

either way this story i feel is not over just yet as im sure Al Queda aint just a bunch of mountain dwelling lunatics who are not internet savvy
either way intresting story none the less
and just for the record im not an "american basher"
edit on 11-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join