It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Raptor,' claims credit for taking down Al Qaeda websites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Just another thought - he claimed to be working with a group that can be counted on one hand (but don't raptors hunt in pairs or was a trio?

Maybe raptor relates to the efforts of three people?

Packs, raptors hunt in packs... so there could be many O.o Haha "Clever girl"..
edit on 11-4-2012 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Considering the US intelligence agencies use these sites to gather intel .... he could have done more harm than good. Rarely do you cut off all communication between your enemy. Leave open the communication network that can be exploited ... if it cant be exploited. Kill the line.

This is the beauty of military science.

Stop , think , exploit , and act.
edit on 11-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by YipMan
one has to question tho.....will he be labelled an "internet Thug" for his actions or as a "Patriot"?
surely Americas TPTB cannot activley go after Anon members for there hacks but turn the other cheek on this story?
or maybe hacking in america is only ok when it suits TPTB Agenda

either way this story i feel is not over just yet as im sure Al Queda aint just a bunch of mountain dwelling lunatics who are not internet savvy
either way intresting story none the less
and just for the record im not an "american basher"
edit on 11-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

There is certainly a difference. When the cyber bullies 'anon' take down a site, potential millions of people who have done nothing wrong are impacted as collateral damage. If an Al Queda site gets hacked, it's only the people with bad intentions that get impacted.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattNC

Originally posted by YipMan
one has to question tho.....will he be labelled an "internet Thug" for his actions or as a "Patriot"?
surely Americas TPTB cannot activley go after Anon members for there hacks but turn the other cheek on this story?
or maybe hacking in america is only ok when it suits TPTB Agenda

either way this story i feel is not over just yet as im sure Al Queda aint just a bunch of mountain dwelling lunatics who are not internet savvy
either way intresting story none the less
and just for the record im not an "american basher"
edit on 11-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

There is certainly a difference. When the cyber bullies 'anon' take down a site, potential millions of people who have done nothing wrong are impacted as collateral damage. If an Al Queda site gets hacked, it's only the people with bad intentions that get impacted.

while i agree with your point surely "Hacking" be it for 1 cause or another should be treated the same across the board?
i know in an ideal world that would be so and sadly we do not live in an ideal world
then we have to look at the "freedom of speech" aspect
regardless if you or i agree with"said site" promoting whatever message isnt the entire internet founded on freedom of speech (to a point)
i personally have no issue with sites such as this getting dropped but as 1 poster mentioned earlier
surely dropping such a site that spreads such a message can cause more harm than good
all i hope is that the intention of "the Raptor" was in the intrests of the masses and hopefully hasnt just pushed lunatics spreading such messages deeper underground as im sure they will be more aware that they have been cpmpramised and might impliment stricter security
end of the day i dont know as im not "tech savvy" as my children allways point out to me lol

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Governments shutting down websites = Totalitarianism and evil.
Some guy with an opinion shutting down websites = hero?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There is no shades of gray here. They are a terrorist group with the stated and acted upon goal of killing people. Anyone or anything openly supporting them is a deserving target.

Freedom of speach is one of the very things they do not like so they deserve no consideration or protection.

No spinning the issue for "their rights".

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Considering the US intelligence agencies use these sites to gather intel .... he could have done more harm than good. Rarely do you cut off all communication between your enemy. Leave open the communication network that can be exploited ... if it cant be exploited. Kill the line.

This is the beauty of military science.

Stop , think , exploit , and act.
edit on 11-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Sounds like his popularity has exploded

www.military.com...
www.thehulltruth.com...
www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

Spoken like someone who does not even know what "anon" is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join