It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Basketballs Balls Adorned With Obama's Image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What gives him the constant need to have his image everywhere? Now guess who will pay for this little bit of luxury? You guessed it, we will next year, with our taxes.

Now I'm not getting into the political thing about which party is better etc. I don't believe in either party anymore given what we've got in the chosen ones. It's definately not Voice Your Choice as one network emblazons on a segment, when they talk about "our" vote.
These are people who are in it for themselves, with no thought about the future and the generations that follow Anyway here's the article. What do you think of this?

Keith Koffler

As part of its Easter Egg Roll festivities, the White House is conducting a basketball clinic for kids featuring pro players. Have a look the ball being used, as Tweeted by ABC White House Correspondent Jake Tapper.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What a great idea or a load of balls -
Perhaps we (uk) could have a football with David Cameron's face on it so we can kick it around in the mud
edit on 9-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Well, admittedly the basketballs are completely and permanently inflated---full of hot air!!!

Kinda of uber narcissistic at best.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It is the White House.
He is the President.

I think it's appropriate.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I wonder if anyone has thought of placing his image on a punching bag...

It would be popular beyond belief, and would probably sale enough enough that he would be able to take credit for fixing the deficit all on his own...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have no problem with the President giving kids keepsakes, though I bet they will eventually end up on EBay

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Now guess who will pay for this little bit of luxury? You guessed it, we will next year, with our taxes.

Maybe...or maybe not.

The Harlem Globetrotters were a part of the basketball camp, they were donating a lot of stuff for this event, they have made an "Obama" basketball before, but not one with his image. It is a possibility that these were donated by someone other than the White House.

I can't find any information about this basketball besides your linked article and that one picture. The other pictures of Obama playing basketball at this event, he is not using this basketball.

And even if the the White House did provide them...I honestly don't see the big deal. It is a White House event, Obama is the current President...I just don't see the controversy.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I have no problem with the President giving kids keepsakes, though I bet they will eventually end up on EBay

What!!!! Kids end up on Ebay you must be joking

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I tend to think that's a more likely story.. with all the other stuff that goes on daily in the white house, the decision to plaster your face on a basketball is probably not on that list of executive decisions to make..

If the balls weren't donated, I doubt he made that decision in the first place... and how expensive could it be to have a design put on a rubber ball? .. did they buy 5 million of them?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

On Monday April 9, 2012, the First Family will host the 134th annual White House Easter Egg Roll. This year's theme is “Let's Go, Let's Play, Let's Move” and more than 35,000 people will be joining us on the South Lawn for games, stories, and, of course, the traditional egg roll on the Lawn.

This story is just hating. We all know Obama is into himself. But I doubt he had any decision into putting his face on a ball. More than likely his PR team did.

This Easter Egg Roll is nothing new. Events cost money to have..

edit on 9-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

He'd have gotten MORE slack for cancelling the 134th annual easter egg roll if you ask me..

I'm not a fan of Obama but I do kind of feel bad for the guy.. he gets slack no matter what he does.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I seriously doubt he even saw this, much less "Approved" of it...Got no more of an ego then the rest of the powder wig heads in DC

Do you just miss little Bush given ya the finger? That is what we should have plastered everywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I used to have one of those inflatable clown punching bags with the sand bottom when I was a kid. They ought to make a whole series of them with famous faces. I would buy the "Criminals of The Federal Reserve" set in a heartbeat!

As far as the Obama balls go.....meh. I'd hawk mine on eBay if I had one.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't like the guy either.

But some of you complain about everything.

I hope you're not like this about everything.

I would hate to take your fast food order.

I don't know how someone can live in the same house with you.

Don't be such a wuss in life. Fight real fights.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's advertising, aka propaganda, to get him re-elected. Simple as that. I wouldn't think too conspiratorial about this. He is spending tax money on his re-election, like I'm sure GWB did when he ran for a second term. I can guarantee that Obama didn't make this choice and that some ad company did. Pretty lame, but I would caution venturing too deep on this one.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Wuss - Wuss you say - Well I am taking my Obama ball home and not playing with you anymore so nah nah nah

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
It is the White House.
He is the President.

I think it's appropriate.

it is appropriate if you are happy with a form of cult of personality, which you are clearly happy with

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

you can lampoon this as well as "fighting real fights"- for sure being a "wuss" is not defined as to whether you think Obama is a creep with such things

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by facelift

I used to have one of those inflatable clown punching bags with the sand bottom when I was a kid. They ought to make a whole series of them with famous faces. I would buy the "Criminals of The Federal Reserve" set in a heartbeat!

As far as the Obama balls go.....meh. I'd hawk mine on eBay if I had one.

Your post reminded me of a documentary I saw years ago.
It was about a Japanese factory where the workers were allowed to take out their frustrations on dummies with the face of their boss on - Man they really went for it - knocking the proverbial stuffing out of it

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Gives new meaning to

"AIR BALL" !!

Honestly, it is a nice souvenir for the kiddies. The face on the ball is a little weird though. The presidential seal would have been sufficient.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join